UE's as far as the eye can seeeee

Hey.

All of a sudden I've started UEing all the fucking time. Anyone who's seen me on T2 recently will notice that every like 5 or 10 minutes I'll time out and rejoin due to UEs.

As far as I can remember, I haven't done any modifications to the T2 directory recently to provoke the UEs and I've deleted the 2 scripts I have (Tracer ECM and PlayerWaypoint), reinstalled the game, tried using the normal T2 loader as opposed to the Construction (SI) one, run the .dso remover and tried running in different resolutions, video modes, windowed mode etc and nothing seems to work.

Can any one please help?

Comments

• well i may not be as clever as thyth, but i know that means a reinstall. :[
  • Try finding the .DSO's manually and delete all you're scripts and DSO's try reinstalling ECM with a new copy this happened to me a long time ago, ECM can break and cause problems sometimes my ECM sound breaks and it crackles when i play a sound just refresh the whole system that should fix it I hope I swear ECM is very easy to corrupt with other scripts
  • Basically what they said. If you can't fix your T2, save all the scripts you want in a different folder and then do a complete reinstallation. It only takes 5-10 minutes.
  • Hmm nothing seems to work.

I completely uninstalled T2 and then deleted the Dynamix directory and all its contents completely then re-installed. Hell, I even tried changing the compatability to Windows 98 but it's still fucked! I have no idea at all what caused this. I know it's not RC2a as I was originally using RC1 and thought that upgrading might alleviate the problem, which it has not...

Awwww I wanna play Tribes!!! >:(
  • Wow, any hardware changes recently? Download any new drivers for your computer? Usually the reinstall works for me.
  • Kind of sounds like you have a cheat script, and Thyth's anti-cheating system is boning you, although I could be wrong. My convo with him about the system was quick, and my memory is sketchy. :p
  • Install T2
    get the latest garage games patch then install it.
    then install TN.
    then VGS!
  • Kind of sounds like you have a cheat script, and Thyth's anti-cheating system is boning you, although I could be wrong. My convo with him about the system was quick, and my memory is sketchy. :p

Anti-Cheat is hidden within the Executable, anyone with decent knowledge of hex editing can easily remove this.

In my opinion, the best anti-cheat are good admins, not burrowing back doors within the main executable.
  • Yet you use back doors, hypocrite. :D
  • Yet you use back doors, hypocrite. :D

What back doors? I would like you to list, every one I have in TWM.

Then watch me make pages of yours I found in the .dso (Note the Exaggeration)
  • Orly... then how come I'm banned from EVERY TWM server? And even after I alert a few hosts... and I rejoin.. I'm banned again!? :o

And, don't question my posts about Thyth. You're not even close to his level. You're like... a two year old trying to comprehend Newton's theories.
  • Orly... then how come I'm banned from EVERY TWM server? And even after I alert a few hosts... and I rejoin.. I'm banned again!? :o

And, don't question my posts about Thyth. You're not even close to his level. You're like... a two year old trying to comprehend Newton's theories.

I may comment on whatever I please... And did you ever see this line in TWM.MainConfig.cs?

$Host::UseGlobalBanList = 1;

Yeah, It's purely the host's choice. I think that proves one thing, they really don't want you in the server...
  • Ok how bout you all shut the fuck up? This ain't helping my problem at all. Snow: I'm not using any cheat scripts at all. Note how I did a full delete and reinstall of all the Tribes 2 files and then tried running it and still I UE'd. I didn't have any cheat scripts in the first place and even if I picked up one as an ignorant mistake, I would've deleted it and it wouldn't have been present in the re-install. Any ideas??
  • Damn dude, my very limited T2 knowlege has run out. Last thing I can think of is possibly you changed some picky video setting either on your computer or on Tribes. Maybe try messing with the settings in Tribes and see how that goes.
  • Take the case off of your computer. That seems to be working well.
  • Yeah as Chibils said, we managed to isolate the problem. It's been really fucking hot over here recently and my PC is apparently not adequately cooled so was belching very hot air out of the back of it. So I took the side panel off and voila! No more UEs! Winner! :)
  • Nice, maybe get a couple new fans and clean some dust out. Glad you fixed it.