Tribes Ascend

2»

Comments

• Ah. Well, you know the forum I come from - I think at least, since you lurk my MC channel... I pretty much assume everything posted on the Internet is a troll these days. arms.gif
    I've attended a music/WoW forums that was full of nothing but kids and college students. I was a post whore and I've come across more trolling and weird news in 1 week than I could care to pay attention to in a year. Many don't even know the difference between trolling, flaming, and actually having a somewhat intelligent discussion between peers.

TC.net is a sanctuary in comparison.
  • What FF says is true, most of the tribes forums are very clean and forgiving when it comes to trolling. People take their anger out on the nets it seems :p
  • People take their anger out on the nets it seems :p

This man deserves an Award.
  • ...Wait crap.

THIS BETTER NOT BE A RERUN OF THAT WII BUILD CRAP!
    I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT!

:<

I guess we'll see then.....damn.
  • Heh, the Wii is for few attractive women and a majority of fat women.

No place for building.
  • Well, I'll say that, again, as any employee of a game development studio under an NDA, one must be very careful with what they disclose, promise, say, state, suggest, etc. etc. etc...

Heheh, just ask THESE guys.
  • ...Wait crap.

THIS BETTER NOT BE A RERUN OF THAT WII BUILD CRAP!
    I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT!

:<

I guess we'll see then.....damn.

Tribes Ascend is all over the nets, I don't think its an April Fools joke :o

If it is, Krash has outdone himself this time :)
  • The Tribes Acend trailer goes for about half as long as this but is at par with the epicness that is the elder scolls 5.
  • I wish there was more to the trailer... :(
  • Now THIS is epic, combining the new trailer with parts of Tribes 1 and 2, pure epicness.
  • Huh. Was updating my Steam profile and realized I was still in "The Construct" Steam Group. Remembered Rawr32.net. Remembered posting this. Long story short - no, it wasn't a hoax. I was hired by Hi-Rez Studios. I was lead to believe, from the start of my application to the day I started working, that I'd be working on Tribes: Ascend. That was not the case - I worked on Smite (not publicly announced at the time) from my first day at work (April 1st, 2011) to my last (January 22nd, 2013). I must've decided not to post again out of embarrassment and disappointment, then forgotten altogether.

Sorry to disappoint. I played in a few internal playtests, that's about as much input as I had or could have.
  • xD Well, I wouldn't feel bad if I were you. T:A had its own issues but it wasn't a terrible game. Some things about the game weren't handled in the best way possible, but there would be no reason for you to apologize :p
  • It was a massive bait and switch. Even my interview questions were Tribes themed. Day one, I get told to sync up "TG" (TheGame). I ask if I should sync "Tribes". Get told I'm not working on Tribes. So "Tribes: Universe" was a big lie and "Tribes: Ascend" went from being an Xbox 360 game to turning free-to-play PC because they were in too deep after Microsoft wasn't going to publish. That should tell you enough about the process. Great developers, fantastically shit management - how many hundreds or thousands of studios does that describe?
  • It was a massive bait and switch. Even my interview questions were Tribes themed. Day one, I get told to sync up "TG" (TheGame). I ask if I should sync "Tribes". Get told I'm not working on Tribes. So "Tribes: Universe" was a big lie and "Tribes: Ascend" went from being an Xbox 360 game to turning free-to-play PC because they were in too deep after Microsoft wasn't going to publish. That should tell you enough about the process. Great developers, fantastically shit management - how many hundreds or thousands of studios does that describe?

Honestly, that sucks so much. Your input would have made the game so much better. It turned out to be a pile of crap. it is interesting to know that they thought it was going to be xbox 360, until microsoft pulled out.
  • I do remember hearing you'd gotten assigned to Smite - we must have spoken at some point on Steam or something.
    It had to have been a huge bummer finding out you wouldn't be working on the project that really would have benefited most from your contributions at the time. Especially back then, when everyone was still cautiously optimistic that they could pull it off as, what was it, "the modern successor to T2".

I think we all got just a little bit more jaded in solidarity with how it turned out after that.
  • Amusingly I doubt that if they do return to updating the game after a six month cease that anyone will take any notice. One of the most horrid things about that game was that it turned into a t2/1 clone with some of the more classical maps being added into the pool, after effectively running out of ideas and stupidly insisting that players who know the game more than they do meta-wise might make better maps.

Oh and fact there were (almost) over 9000 different variants of the chaingun... I'm not saying its anyones fault, but surely they had to have known at the time things might have gone south if everyone caught on that the machine guns were far superior and even aimbottable in comparison to the so-called skill weapons as the players over there call them...

Though I guess it did give me an excuse to try some other games like Path of Exile so mixed blessing I guess.