Go Back   The Construct Forums > Gaming > The Jungle
User Name
Password

46 - 11-21-2013, 12:29 AM quote
Krash
Neptune Sleeps

I do remember hearing you'd gotten assigned to Smite - we must have spoken at some point on Steam or something.
It had to have been a huge bummer finding out you wouldn't be working on the project that really would have benefited most from your contributions at the time. Especially back then, when everyone was still cautiously optimistic that they could pull it off as, what was it, "the modern successor to T2".

I think we all got just a little bit more jaded in solidarity with how it turned out after that.

47 - 01-30-2014, 06:34 PM quote
DEATHBORN
Reborn from death...!

Amusingly I doubt that if they do return to updating the game after a six month cease that anyone will take any notice. One of the most horrid things about that game was that it turned into a t2/1 clone with some of the more classical maps being added into the pool, after effectively running out of ideas and stupidly insisting that players who know the game more than they do meta-wise might make better maps.

Oh and fact there were (almost) over 9000 different variants of the chaingun... I'm not saying its anyones fault, but surely they had to have known at the time things might have gone south if everyone caught on that the machine guns were far superior and even aimbottable in comparison to the so-called skill weapons as the players over there call them...

Though I guess it did give me an excuse to try some other games like Path of Exile so mixed blessing I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorsChamp
DEATHBORN wins the thread.

I have been dead for 0 days if you see this signature. Lulz.

Last edited by DEATHBORN : 01-30-2014 at 06:37 PM.