Go Back   The Construct Forums > Gaming > Construction Creations
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
1 - 07-20-2009, 02:15 AM quote
keen
The Keen Machine
 
keen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 56
Offline
Default Construction Contest - Build a Base

I am looking for two bases to replace the current ones I have in Meltdown 2.

These bases can be built out of basic parts (beams, floors, forcefields... general statics, nothing complex). All objects count towards the specified piece limits.

Base 1: Remote Outpost - Small, self-contained base on the ground. Comes with Generator and 1 Inventory Station. 15 Piece maximum.

Base 2: Remote Base - Large base, floating in the air. 1 Generator, 3 Inventory stations, 1 sensor array, 1 vehicle pad. 30 Piece maximum.

Winners will receive their name in credits in the Meltdown 2 Wiki under "Code Contributors".

Meltdown 1 & 2, TSW, and MechSiege developer
Interested in my projects? See http://forum.radiantage.com and/or http://wiki.radiantage.com
 
2 - 07-20-2009, 03:30 AM quote
{dggs}Demoncard
Juggernaught
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,022
Offline

War03 > Meltdown 2
 
3 - 07-20-2009, 08:39 AM quote
Humans
yes i built that
Divine Order of the Hammer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 1,289
Offline

I don't really know what you want different from the old ones, and I'm not really sure if I could improve them so I dunno..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezalyth
why does the o face look like an arrogant twit...
 
4 - 07-20-2009, 01:49 PM quote
BierWiser
Member
 
BierWiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 38
Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by {dggs}Demoncard
War03 > Meltdown 2
The War mod is a copy of Meltdown 2, and Meltdown 2 is perfected and is still being updated. Unbelievable as I check out War2009. There's the obvious copies such as: Mitzi Blast Cannon, PBW, Ripper Disk, and Mech Rocket Launcher. Anything you consider good in War2009 is probably a poor copy of something great in Meltdown 2.

There also seems like a weird push for more weapons: PBW, Multi PBW, Gattling PBW Mechanized, PBW Cannon Pack (which is two oversized Mortars on your shoulders that shoot little lasers), PBW Landspike Turret, PBW Spike Turret, PBW Turret Barrel, and PBW Satellite. Even Defenders RunGun (a quadruple chaingun weapon) has a PBW mode, that must be a flexible ammo round. That's nine weapons with PBW ability. Every weapon seems to have an EMP mode too, even sniper weapons. What's this all about?

War 2009 weapons with an EMP mode:
Mitzi Blast Cannon
Grenade Launcher
Mortar Gun
Mech Rocket Gun
Railgun
Laser Rifle
Grenade
EMP Satchel Charge
EMP Blast Turret
Arbitor EMP Device

Meltdown 2 has four weapon modes with EMP ability. It seems War2009 tries to hard to be flexible.

Here's some funny weapons I saw from War2009: The funniest so far is Mitzi's Annihilator, Mega Annihilator, and then Super Mega Annihilator. Then there's the Run!! Cannon which makes War2009 seem childish. Along with the Annihilator, the Spinfusor has similar modes: Power Disc and then Super Power Disc.

Let me give an example of how Meltdown 2 functions better. A Juggernaut in War2009 can carry a nuke, but it takes forever to fire it because it has to charge. This then provides a blast that's just a little bigger than a Mortar explosion. Compare this to Meltdown 2 where you have to deploy a MANTA Satellite, load a MANTA Ion Nuke into a Nightshade (bomber), get a pilot and a gunner, and then go fly over the enemy base to make a target. This then sends a shot from the sky followed by a very large destructive explosion.

The weapons in Meltdown 2 are perfected, rather than spammed. They all work very well and it makes the game fun. There's no question, the scripting done to create Meltdown 2 are much more advanced. Since there's nobody ever playing War2009 and Meltdown 2 is the most played mod in Tribes 2, have yourself and friends come play Meltdown 2. We always like new people.


Last edited by BierWiser : 07-20-2009 at 02:23 PM.
 
5 - 07-20-2009, 03:10 PM quote
Cornucopia
That One Guy
Divine Order of the Hammer
 
Cornucopia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Krash's Basement
Posts: 970
Offline

I always thought the Construction mod was the most played.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
6 - 07-20-2009, 03:30 PM quote
XwwNeow400
Construction nut
 
XwwNeow400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Under a rock with a computer
Posts: 533
Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornucopia
I always thought the Construction mod was the most played.


it seems that goons is the most popular. but thats how I take it. Haven't checked all of the servers.
 
7 - 07-20-2009, 06:29 PM quote
Fast_Fire
Killercowzz
Divine Order of the Hammer
 
Fast_Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 975
Offline

Contest?
 
8 - 07-20-2009, 07:24 PM quote
BierWiser
Member
 
BierWiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 38
Offline

Construction and Meltdown 2 are my favorite mods by far, and both are equally amazing in my view. My saying that Meltdown 2 is the most played mod could be wrong, but it probably had a lot more active players in the past and now. The only thing is, there seems to always be people in Construction, but there's more servers. Nonetheless, for the sake of argument, nobody is ever in the War2009 servers and Meltdown 2 is still very active, and fun.

I'll be working on the requested base designs when I have a chance.


Last edited by BierWiser : 07-20-2009 at 08:25 PM.
 
9 - 07-24-2009, 03:05 PM quote
Naosyth
AKA Avenger777
Divine Order of the Hammer
 
Naosyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 551
Offline

I tried a few designs for a flying base (I'll make a matching land base once I find a good flying base design). The first design (First 4 images) used 42 pieces, but it looked nice. The second design (Next 3 images) didn't look as nice, but it used 25ish pieces.

I still have a few designs in mind, but I can't build them right now. I'll build/upload them later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Flying_1_1.png
Views: 201
Size:  122.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Flying_1_2.png
Views: 182
Size:  109.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Flying_1_3.png
Views: 167
Size:  95.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Flying_1_4.png
Views: 191
Size:  124.4 KB  

Click image for larger version

Name:  Flying_2_1.png
Views: 528
Size:  119.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Flying_2_2.png
Views: 172
Size:  101.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Flying_2_3.png
Views: 185
Size:  94.0 KB  




Last edited by Naosyth : 07-24-2009 at 03:10 PM.
 
10 - 07-24-2009, 06:15 PM quote
Humans
yes i built that
Divine Order of the Hammer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 1,289
Offline

I really like that first one, nice stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezalyth
why does the o face look like an arrogant twit...
 
11 - 07-25-2009, 03:04 AM quote
keen
The Keen Machine
 
keen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 56
Offline

They both look very nice. I want to see if it's possible to keep as close to the piece limitations as possible (due to T2's object limit), but if it's off bit a bit and fits the bill, then I can go for that too.

Meltdown 1 & 2, TSW, and MechSiege developer
Interested in my projects? See http://forum.radiantage.com and/or http://wiki.radiantage.com
 
12 - 07-25-2009, 04:25 AM quote
{dggs}Demoncard
Juggernaught
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,022
Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierWiser
The War mod is a copy of Meltdown 2, and Meltdown 2 is perfected and is still being updated. Unbelievable as I check out War2009. There's the obvious copies such as: Mitzi Blast Cannon, PBW, Ripper Disk, and Mech Rocket Launcher. Anything you consider good in War2009 is probably a poor copy of something great in Meltdown 2.

There also seems like a weird push for more weapons: PBW, Multi PBW, Gattling PBW Mechanized, PBW Cannon Pack (which is two oversized Mortars on your shoulders that shoot little lasers), PBW Landspike Turret, PBW Spike Turret, PBW Turret Barrel, and PBW Satellite. Even Defenders RunGun (a quadruple chaingun weapon) has a PBW mode, that must be a flexible ammo round. That's nine weapons with PBW ability. Every weapon seems to have an EMP mode too, even sniper weapons. What's this all about?

War 2009 weapons with an EMP mode:
Mitzi Blast Cannon
Grenade Launcher
Mortar Gun
Mech Rocket Gun
Railgun
Laser Rifle
Grenade
EMP Satchel Charge
EMP Blast Turret
Arbitor EMP Device

Meltdown 2 has four weapon modes with EMP ability. It seems War2009 tries to hard to be flexible.

Here's some funny weapons I saw from War2009: The funniest so far is Mitzi's Annihilator, Mega Annihilator, and then Super Mega Annihilator. Then there's the Run!! Cannon which makes War2009 seem childish. Along with the Annihilator, the Spinfusor has similar modes: Power Disc and then Super Power Disc.

Let me give an example of how Meltdown 2 functions better. A Juggernaut in War2009 can carry a nuke, but it takes forever to fire it because it has to charge. This then provides a blast that's just a little bigger than a Mortar explosion. Compare this to Meltdown 2 where you have to deploy a MANTA Satellite, load a MANTA Ion Nuke into a Nightshade (bomber), get a pilot and a gunner, and then go fly over the enemy base to make a target. This then sends a shot from the sky followed by a very large destructive explosion.

The weapons in Meltdown 2 are perfected, rather than spammed. They all work very well and it makes the game fun. There's no question, the scripting done to create Meltdown 2 are much more advanced. Since there's nobody ever playing War2009 and Meltdown 2 is the most played mod in Tribes 2, have yourself and friends come play Meltdown 2. We always like new people.

I still prefer War.
Its more of a challenge.
 
13 - 07-25-2009, 08:54 AM quote
Phantom139
PGD Founder
 
Phantom139's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,075
Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwwNeow400
it seems that goons is the most popular. but thats how I take it. Haven't checked all of the servers.


1 Word Explains this: Flatland.

Most new players do not know how to install client side maps, and thus they stick to the server they know most about.

However, when RC4 -RC5 Rolls along, that can change with in-game map downloaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alviss
I would even bare you five children each of a different ethnicity and all named Phantom.


My TWM2 Stats
 
14 - 07-25-2009, 09:10 PM quote
BierWiser
Member
 
BierWiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 38
Offline

Here's my Remote Base. I can make it more accessible with Force Fields if you'd like. Any other small modifications can be done as well. It's 29 pieces.

I've added a Remote Outpost as well. It's 15 pieces. Having the Remote Outpost slightly elevated prevents too much interruption from hillsides coming into the base and covering inventory stations. Ramps are provided for this elevation change and extend a little farther in attempt to reach the ground from hillside deployment (there you go, Daishis). I might have the ramps steeper in the final version because there's some hills where some just won't meet the ground because of equal or higher slope.

Ceiling, floor, and roofing textures can be changed, along with basically anything else if desired.

Edit: I've added a better inside view of the first Remote Base I made. Also, I've made simpler versions of both designs from comments pertaining to the bases not fitting the Meltdown environment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  RemoteBase1.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  66.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  RemoteBase2.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  82.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  RemoteBase3.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  140.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  RemoteBase4.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  116.1 KB  

Click image for larger version

Name:  RemoteBase5.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  93.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  RemoteOutpost3.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  104.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  RemoteOutpost2.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  163.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  RemoteOutpost1.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  79.8 KB  

Click image for larger version

Name:  RemoteOutpost4.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  56.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  RemoteBase6.png
Views: 154
Size:  182.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  SimpleBase1.png
Views: 157
Size:  130.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  SimpleBase2.png
Views: 161
Size:  147.3 KB  

Click image for larger version

Name:  SimpleOutpost2.png
Views: 149
Size:  132.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  SimpleOutpost1.png
Views: 158
Size:  145.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  SimpleBase3.png
Views: 155
Size:  128.8 KB  


Last edited by BierWiser : 07-27-2009 at 01:45 PM.
 
15 - 07-27-2009, 01:18 PM quote
BierWiser
Member
 
BierWiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 38
Offline

This is where I'm gonna post new designs for each. Right now I just have a new design for the Remote Outpost, with variations, for consideration. If I come up with an idea for a Remote Base, I'll make it, but so far I like my first design. This one is also friendly with hillsides. The main part of the base is elevated and there is a step to get up to it. The corner poles reach far into the ground to create a realistic support during deployment.

If anyone wants a preview of how any of these designs will look with different textures or small modifications, lemme know and I will post them after applying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  RemoteOutpostAgain1.png
Views: 503
Size:  158.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  RemoteOutpostAgain2.png
Views: 178
Size:  155.9 KB  


Last edited by BierWiser : 07-27-2009 at 07:00 PM.
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Construction Mod for Unreal? Rimski The Construct 93 10-07-2010 08:50 AM
a cool idea. maybe? DeadWrong The Construct 69 06-19-2010 10:38 AM
MD2-Construction-Classic-CCM Backstory Compilation! FURB The Construct 15 05-14-2010 12:06 PM
Building Contest. SuperDoe Construction Creations 64 04-19-2010 12:35 AM
Pro-builders: A Contest CMDRBOB The Construct 69 04-27-2008 07:42 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 PM.
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.