Building Contest.

Yep. Haven't had a building contest for a while.

Its one of those build whatever you want ones. The contest will run from today (March 30th) to April 9th Ending at 6pm Pacific time. Voting begins right after
Post your entry here with either a video(T2 recording should be fine) or screenshots (Or both!) There are not any prizes (may change) other then fame for winning the contest :cool:

Rules:
No using scripts to build your building ;)
Try and make a new building for this - theres lots of time to do this in a week.
Note: Try to only use things available on the The-Construct.net servers if you are using a different mod to build (ex. No using logic packs or stuff like that)

Just give some basic info about the building and some extra info if theres anything special about it.

NOTE: The buildings are not going be rated by me. They will be rated by the community.

Comments

• Did somebody say... "Building Contest"?!?!
    Rules:
    Naosyth, that means you.
  • Criticscary.png

A building contest?! Sign me up! Although I don't know how long it will take when I am able to go to Tribes 2 to build for this competition.

*also, is there a specific server I need to go to for this competition or it doesn't matter just as long as you have the screenshots of your place?
    And I was planning on making a dungeon sort of thing (since I was already building it a few weeks ago on TX) so I can just work with that and that will be entered?
  • Alright.. Im in.

• *also, is there a specific server I need to go to for this competition or it doesn't matter just as long as you have the screenshots of your place?
    And I was planning on making a dungeon sort of thing (since I was already building it a few weeks ago on TX) so I can just work with that and that will be entered?

Any server, just make sure you stick to packs that are on BC (liek no Logic packs if you are on ECM etc.)

I think I'ma make it so you can use saves - but I think it should new
  • MORTAL COMBAT!!!

*dun dun dun duun dun... etc*
  • Mwahaha, giant TX metallic peen time!
  • Rules:
    That disqualifies any building built in T2 construction mod. All of the deployables are scripts, all of the chat commands are scripts, and all of the tools are scripts.

I'd turn in a blank save file, but save files are scripts too.
  • Sorry to say Thyth. But you Missed the Point.
  • That disqualifies any building built in T2 construction mod. All of the deployables are scripts, all of the chat commands are scripts, and all of the tools are scripts.

He means to not use a standalone script to make a building as an entry instead of using the provided scripted tools to build with in-game.
  • So far I've got Ment and IronOxide to join the contest. :)

lol, I may look around my townhouse for a random item to put in the prize pool.
    (I'm too lazy to enter)
  • That disqualifies any building built in T2 construction mod. All of the deployables are scripts, all of the chat commands are scripts, and all of the tools are scripts.

Lets not get technical, most of us knows what he means, no need to be formal.

(It was intended to be a more casual post.)
    Sorry to say Thyth. But you Missed the Point.
  • With that being true...I present

Rate, review!
  • So far I've got Ment and IronOxide to join the contest. :)

lol, I may look around my townhouse for a random item to put in the prize pool.
    (I'm too lazy to enter)

You should definitely make something! I will try to also, I have an idea, its just depending on whether or not I have time for it. I had a lot of time earlier this week, but for pretty much the whole next week I have work and/or have exam days. We will see how much I get done :)
  • lol, I found 2 surprise items lying around my house to give away to the winner. They've both never been used and their total value is around $13 USD. (They're nothing too strange.)
    I don't plan to enter the contest. :p

Edit:
    is Superdoe entering the contest?
  • Edit:
    is Superdoe entering the contest?
    I think so.
  • im still deciding if i should or not... refer to humans sig as to why
  • im still deciding if i should or not... refer to humans sig as to why
    They won't all be loaded at once. :)
    You'll submit a T2 video/screenshots of your building.

Lag doesn't matter.
  • lol, I found 2 surprise items lying around my house to give away to the winner. They've both never been used and their total value is around $13 USD. (They're nothing too strange.)
    Ive always wanted a toaster and a microwave.
  • Mmm, a building contest you say? I know of a certain newly built night club thats almost complete that would stand a good chance of winning. :lol:

Maybe i could just finish it really quick?
  • I have something in the works for this contest.
  • They won't all be loaded at once. :)
    You'll submit a T2 video/screenshots of your building.

Lag doesn't matter.

8fps, if i use a screen recorder on top of that... blarg lol
  • 8fps, if i use a screen recorder on top of that... blarg lol
    If you made a video, it could be going through your tube, its not too laggy when you're in it.
  • Ive always wanted a toaster and a microwave.
    dsc00363h.jpg
    You know you want 'em. :p

(thought I'd re-gift some unused Christmas presents ;D )
  • dsc00363h.jpg
    You know you want 'em. :p

(thought I'd re-gift some unused Christmas presents ;D )
    I don't know. How about a FULL JUGGERNAUT COSTUME CLONED FROM TRIBES 2?!

You think about it.
  • It better have jets in the boots and come with a fusion mortar.
  • If you made a video, it could be going through your tube, its not too laggy when you're in it.

:rolleyes: i think i may be too late to enter, i got some coursework to do, but ill try hard and finish it... also, it will take a few attempts to acctually complete a lap to show you, it'll eat my hard drives soul alive, but so what ^^ i guess im finally in!
  • Requesting the deadline to be bumped to 6 pm Friday, April 9th. Seems no one's got their entries completed and submitted and may not be able to within the next 4 and a half hours.
  • I agree with Fast_Fire, we could use some more time! :simma:
  • Yeah, I haven't actually started yet ;p