Town Treasury

I think I have devised a way to have an in-game economy, stimulate capitalism, and give people paying jobs within the town.

I have established a Town treasury, and its currency is gold bars, as its use is limited to rail carts and show armor/weapons. Here's how it will work.

The town is wealthy, as it has 76,000 gold bars, so we wont need taxes, or to earn money for the town. We will pay players in varying amounts of gold bars depending on the job, wither it be town build contracts, guarding the town (and rank of guards), or selling supplies to the town stockpile (needs to be built). And in turn, you can use that gold to buy things from other players, or the town stockpiles itself. The town stockpile will only stock raw materials, not crafted items (including raw foods items, except milk buckets, those will be allowed even though they are iron buckets).

This system stimulates capitalism as players can either sell their goods for a flat rate to the town, or try to make more gold by selling raw/crafted items to each other. This makes for some competition in certain areas.

Players can earn gold by filling build orders for players or the town, selling raw materials to the town, selling their goods to others, or finding it in the ground as is.

CONTRACTS:
To get gold for build contracts, the contract must be issued by an Admin, or player submitted for approval.

The format used will be
Name of Building
Purpose (Residential, recreational, business, roads, terra-forming):
Land required to build (where in the town will it be):
Amount of Gold paid/received:

Examples are:

Town issued contract---
Library
Recreational
Next to thals house
150 gold paid for contract fulfillment

Player Issued---
Docks
Business
Lake outside of town
100 Gold received for project completion

Any other non-approved building is at players own will, and cannot be reimbursed by the city unless the contract is approved. Contracts will be on this thread, so post them here, or look for town contracts here.

TREASURY MISC INFO AND LOANS
Reminder: This is NOT a bank, we do not take deposits. Someone can make a bank if they choose, but the town will not be responsible to reimburse lost or missing gold. Once it is paid out, and you receive it, it is your responsibility to safeguard it. We can do small amount loans to help those that lose something due to an accident or untimely death, but loans must be repaid within 1 normal day (24 Hours) (not minecraft day). Loan maximum is 50 gold bars. you can only have one loan at a time. If repayment is not received, we will repossess items of value to the amount owed using the town stockpile value listing. So only use a loan if you need to!

MISC INFO OTHERWISE
Gold blocks used for rail ways WILL NOT BE REMOVED. Those caught stealing railway gold blocks will be subject to server rules on griefing and theft. If there is a gold block on the ground with a track over it (in a mine cart rail system fashion, not random blocks with rails on it), it is to be left alone except by the owner of the track. Unsecured gold, or non structural gold blocks are NOT protected via server rules (only thing that is not by the way), so secure your gold stash well!

Srs face admin disclaimer ahead

Admins and appointed tellers will be the only ones allowed past the stone half step teller window. The vault is indestructible and sealed with bedrock, so admin accessible only. If there are trusted tellers, we will provide them a small accessible stock of gold for their time to distribute if necessary. Any excess must be placed at the chest next to the vault. It is the Teller on duty, Admin or otherwise, to secure the treasury after you leave, for any reason. (except RL issues)

Appointed Tellers:
None at the moment

Admins:
Thal
Iplop
CMDR
TFBundy

=============================================
TOWN STOCKPILE

The Stockpile is ready to start buying and selling raw materials. Below is a flat rate exchange for gold. These prices will not change, so sometimes citizens can have better deals, sometimes the town is the way to go. As stated before, the stockpile will only stock raw materials, not crafted items. That is the citizens businesses responsibilities.

The Stockpile will only stock till Capacity, so once a certain resource is maxed out in the stockpile, we will not accept any more until some is bought.

Cobble.....................5g/Stack
Wood.......................7g/Stack
Sand........................4g/Stack
Clay.........................8g/Stack
Dirt...........................2g/Stack
Gravel.......................3g/Stack
Wool.........................15g/stack
Obsidian....................30g/Stack
Coal..........................10g/Stack
Charcoal....................7g/Stack
Redstone...................5g/Stack
Sugar.........................3g/Stack
Cacti...........................3g/Stack
Leather.......................7g/Stack
Iron.............................40g/Stack
Diamond......................50g/Ea
Flint.............................15g/Stack
Glowstone Dust...........100g/Stack
Sulphur........................50g/Stack
String...........................40g/Stack
Feathers.......................25g/Stack
Bones..........................10g/Stack
Wheat..........................15g/Stack
Eggs.............................3g/Per 16
Milk...............................2g/Ea
Fish...............................1g/Ea
Apples...........................10g/Ea
Pork...............................2g/Per 4
All Dyes.........................10g/Stack
(Except listed below)
Gray/Black Dyes............15g/Stack
Blue Dye........................30g/Stack

Comments

• 2 TOWN CONTRACTS AVAILABLE

LIBRARY
    For Recreational, visual use
    Anywhere that there's room, on a road must be at or larger than 20 x 20
    100 Gold paid

TOWN STOCKPILE
    Town Official Structure (Secure, resource stockpile for town)
    Near town, on a road, and must be 20 x 20 or larger
    150 Gold paid

Contractors must claim contract first come first serve on a reply to this thread.
  • You know, EVE Online was my funnest experience in handling a market. Playing the penny pincher away from all his merchandise gives me such a good feeling... And I've got plenty of rare/semi-rare materials to trade for.

I'll also work on a stockpile. I just need to know if it will be one for the whole town or for individual people.
  • If it is a town contract, it will be for the town. Otherwise it'll say "Personal Contract"
  • Updated Town stockpile prices. Prices are tentative (may change) for a bit till we get some fair prices standardized.

-Updated Prices again 3-6-2011. Increased Diamond value, and decreased pork value