Go Back   The Construct Forums > Gaming > The Jungle
User Name
Password

16 - 03-13-2011, 04:30 PM quote
Humans
yes i built that
Divine Order of the Hammer

I don't plan on playing Universe really, but the idea of Ascend is hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezalyth
why does the o face look like an arrogant twit...

17 - 03-13-2011, 05:19 PM quote
DEATHBORN
Reborn from death...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by {dggs}Demoncard
Its safe to assume that because Universe will be an FPS-RPG hybrid, the community will be made of hardcore preschool CoD fans and FF13 fangirls.

Maybe they'll mate and produce the next generation of Castigers? Only time will tell.

THAT is a scary fookin thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorsChamp
DEATHBORN wins the thread.

I have been dead for 0 days if you see this signature. Lulz.

18 - 03-24-2011, 10:29 AM quote
Sion Sheevok
Ancient Veteran

I thought I'd mention that a certain someone will be starting employment at a certain studio on a recently announced project that may be relevant to the title of this thread. This person is under NDA, as all employees of game development studios are, of course, and can't disclose any information. Said person may have been known, once upon a time, as Sion Delta, and hosted a slightly customized version of Construction mod. Suffice to say, there are true fans of the series involved and dedicated in some very direct manners.

19 - 03-24-2011, 10:45 AM quote
{dggs}Demoncard
Juggernaught

Who told you?

20 - 03-24-2011, 10:53 AM quote
Krash
Neptune Sleeps

Hypothetically speaking, one might hope this person formerly known as Sion Delta will be a big supporter of having mod tools ready out the gate, and might suggest having plenty of extra shapes and decorative art included with the game.

Also,

21 - 03-24-2011, 11:02 AM quote
Humans
yes i built that

This thread keeps making me happier and happier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezalyth
why does the o face look like an arrogant twit...

22 - 03-24-2011, 11:24 AM quote
Sion Sheevok
Ancient Veteran

Well, I'll say that, again, as any employee of a game development studio under an NDA, one must be very careful with what they disclose, promise, say, state, suggest, etc. etc. etc...

As it is, I only *think* I'm safe saying that I am working on a specific project. Even that might be pushing it. Even if I were to say something like "The direction of the project is in line with Tribes 1 and 2." (most may consider that a positive statement), that's not for me to decide and I do not represent the entirety of the studio or the team working on the project. I am a new employee, not a veteran or senior resident. I'm still in the process of relocating so I can start April 1st, 2011.

I was around way back in the day, involved in T2CC (Tribes 2 Coding Community) and a very active Construction mod host for quite some time before Planetside stole me away.

All I think I can really say is that I'm ridiculously psyched and excited for the project and I will do everything within my power to make it the most amazing, awesome, epic title in the universe, as I would for anything that I have the honor of putting my name in the credits of. Working on this project is coming full circle from being 12 - 14 playing with Tribes 2 script to being a fully fledged, professional game developer on Tribes Ascend/Tribes Universe.

23 - 03-24-2011, 11:33 AM quote
{dggs}Demoncard
Juggernaught

If you get fired for violation of your NDA, you can blame me.

24 - 03-24-2011, 03:53 PM quote
Fast_Fire
Killercowzz

No reason to get fired if you're only being that general.

But since you're "involved" in the matter, can you throw in some suggestions for "mod-friendliness"?

25 - 03-24-2011, 07:35 PM quote
Mezalyth
Hybrid Volt

This thread wins.

26 - 03-24-2011, 07:37 PM quote
SnowFire789
Yeah, sure...Wait, WHAT!?

Toss in Zombie AI, and an NDA might appear under your desk. With lube.

Utter chaos is what truly shows who's fit to survive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbuh178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deflun (to SnowFire)
Hey look its Captain Irunatzombiesandlivewhileyouall die

27 - 03-24-2011, 07:45 PM quote
DEATHBORN
Reborn from death...!

dont mean to be a downer, but how do we know this isnt some hoax in an attempt to troll us, reason being that very few outside of t2 even remotely know of these forums if at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorsChamp
DEATHBORN wins the thread.

I have been dead for 0 days if you see this signature. Lulz.

28 - 03-24-2011, 08:24 PM quote
Iplop
*witty slogan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sion Sheevok
Well, I'll say that, again, as any employee of a game development studio under an NDA, one must be very careful with what they disclose, promise, say, state, suggest, etc. etc. etc...

As it is, I only *think* I'm safe saying that I am working on a specific project. Even that might be pushing it. Even if I were to say something like "The direction of the project is in line with Tribes 1 and 2." (most may consider that a positive statement), that's not for me to decide and I do not represent the entirety of the studio or the team working on the project. I am a new employee, not a veteran or senior resident. I'm still in the process of relocating so I can start April 1st, 2011.

I was around way back in the day, involved in T2CC (Tribes 2 Coding Community) and a very active Construction mod host for quite some time before Planetside stole me away.

All I think I can really say is that I'm ridiculously psyched and excited for the project and I will do everything within my power to make it the most amazing, awesome, epic title in the universe, as I would for anything that I have the honor of putting my name in the credits of. Working on this project is coming full circle from being 12 - 14 playing with Tribes 2 script to being a fully fledged, professional game developer on Tribes Ascend/Tribes Universe.

April 1st?

I hope this isn't an April fools day joke.

29 - 03-24-2011, 08:29 PM quote
Thalagyrt

Quote:

Quote:
Even if I were to say something like "The direction of the project is in line with Tribes 1 and 2." (most may consider that a positive statement), that's not for me to decide and I do not represent the entirety of the studio or the team working on the project. I am a new employee, not a veteran or senior resident. I'm still in the process of relocating so I can start April 1st, 2011.

Quote:
I am a new employee, not a veteran or senior resident. I'm still in the process of relocating so I can start April 1st, 2011.

Quote:
April 1st, 2011.

...Huge coincidence?

30 - 03-24-2011, 09:31 PM quote
Krash
Neptune Sleeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHBORN
dont mean to be a downer, but how do we know this isnt some hoax in an attempt to troll us, reason being that very few outside of t2 even remotely know of these forums if at all.

Sion is part of the construction crew from the old days, not some random nugget looking to troll you. Besides which, he did say he couldn't tell you anything about the game anyway, so if it were an April fool's joke it'd be a bit of a dud; "Haha, got you guys! I'm not actually working for them at all! Suckers!"