The Construction mod needs a turorial!

I think we should make a Con mod tutorial.
otherwise people will not know how to build and will not understand the meaning of the mod. people like Ronan Zero spam Cause they simply dont know how to build or anything. Try and Build a Tutorial into the Mod, That automatically pops up when a new person comes into the server.
its hard starting without knowing what to do.

MAKE A TUTORIAL :P

Comments

• Well, I am currently in the process of making construction tutorials on a website, but making a website in HTML is being a real pain in the ass.

And spamming is completely normal in most cases, if they spam piece by piece slowly, trying to create a structure, ignore them. You, and I, and the people you see in this community were exactly like that. I used to create a base full of pads, yet no one cared back then.

As for an ingame tutorial, Krash might be able to script in a list of things you can build and how to do it in the F2 tab.
  • I was thinking about making a little training mission for it. It'd probably cause more trouble than it's worth, though.
  • I do believe there have been several attempts at tutorials for Con...though most have probably fallen off the face of the net by now :(

I was thinking about making a little training mission for it. It'd probably cause more trouble than it's worth, though.
    With you coding, of course it would be! :p

making a website in HTML is being a real pain in the ass.
    How is HTML difficult? If you can't manage it directly, there are plenty of (craptastic) WSIWYG editors.
  • With you coding, of course it would be! :p
    Shut up. I hate you. :(
  • Yeah, good idea.
  • hey umm mc why dont u add another link on homepage ther could be genral discussion the-construct accm and what ever the last one is and a new one called tutriols and put all kinds of turtiols on it
  • my bad i that quote was to who ever made website or whatever
  • You cant have a Tutorial on how to play construction mod. You can have a help page to tell you what the normal keys used are (grenade, Mine etc) but thats about it. Construction mod is learned by trial and error, and practice at building new things.
  • Which is sort of what was in my video.
    CMDR, I'm thinking about starting some sort of admin-group project, (I've done a bit too many projects with some players, though it's always good to build with others).
    I have yet to see a full project filled with admins working on it.

I was thinking sometime this week we could decide (If you guys want to), on a project we could do ingame on TX. It would be pretty fun.
  • Eh, Eolk, you should toss in a training range for ACCM 1.3.2, to help run newbies through. I.e. what you made when we had those newbs show up on X2 (where did that server go, anyways?) Naturally a veteran will be needed, but it'd help out quite a bit.