Go Back   The Construct Forums > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
31 - 11-04-2008, 01:30 PM quote
Blnukem
Pimp
 
Blnukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,362
Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryand
Darkstrand, Projectile, Nevares, and I are the only four players left in this community. The rest of you are just animals (with the exception of coders working to fix it - they actually contribute something) (there are more of us as well, but I bet you get the point).


I've played Tribes 2 since it came out, so watch your tongue on who you say are the last players. CCM and ACCM brings back competition into Construction, which is why people enjoy it so much. I enjoy competition and I enjoy the laid-back mood of construction, which is why I have taken the liberty in making sure CCM doesn't die. Some construction mods support combat/competition, but none on the level CCM and ACCM do. If it were up to me, I would be playing Classic all day long. But there are few Classic servers that are regularly filled and all I have to choose is Construction and Rebels, and I will choose Construction every time - for one simple reason. Rebels sucks.

But, all that aside... You are right on most of your points as to why T2 died, but don't making accusations on who are and aren't the last competitive players of T2.

Last edited by Blnukem : 11-04-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Typo.
 
32 - 11-04-2008, 01:49 PM quote
DUN_DUNNA
Member
 
DUN_DUNNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 43
Offline

You're problem is you are so close minded. Competition is not the life of a game... FUN is, a group of people having fun makes the game worth while whether in or out of a scrim! FUN keeps them coming back for more, the fun factor builds friendships and tightens the bonds of a community. A community is more than comp players, there are mappers, scripters, skinners, hell I knew peeps that just hung out on T2 chat just to talk all night long.

Competition is part of a vibrant community but a community can exist without it. Your attitude is what is killing T2. I applaud your efforts toward skill development but you missed out on fine tuning your attitiude. Skill is great and it's fun to own; but egotistical arrogant attitudes will cause you to get shunned! Without people that want to play with you, you will be in a very lonely server, maybe that's why you and your buddies required so many smurf accounts... just a little something to think about! And leave the animal analogies alone, you are starting to make my pets nervous!


 
33 - 11-04-2008, 01:52 PM quote
Blnukem
Pimp
 
Blnukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,362
Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUN_DUNNA
You're problem is you are so close minded. Competition is not the life of a game... FUN is.


Yeah Kryand, I suggest you take a moment to think about that. Because it is true. Tribes 2 is fun, and is still fun. Which is why I've played it for so many years. Even if competition died, I wouldn't give a damn. The construction community is a fun place.
 
34 - 11-04-2008, 03:01 PM quote
Kryand
Nuggget
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 110
Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blnukem
...
But, all that aside... You are right on most of your points as to why T2 died, but don't making accusations on who are and aren't the last competitive players of T2.


Well my statement was mostly for DUNNA, since the four of us I mentioned are shunned by the community he represents. It was an exaggeration to get the point across.

Anyway,
A) Competition is gone from the game, and fun is all that is left to be had.
B) Everyone considers this game dead.
C) Those two event coincided EXACTLY with each other.
Coincidence?

Our attitudes didn't chase anyone away - except maybe a small number into the Rebels server. Most people left because competition got repetitive and boring without anything or anyone new coming to the mix, not because they couldn't stand the attitudes. No matter what random game you name, there is always a way you can have fun playing it. That doesn't mean the game is alive. The nature of life is to progress and evolve. Competition is what forces a game to do that. Playing "just for fun" is what forces a game to NOT do that. Now by all means, play for fun, there's nothing wrong with that. I do it myself most of the time as well.

Just don't confuse a bunch of people playing a game for fun with that game being alive.


http://www.themellin.com - http://www.chaingunned.org
Former Scripter, Skinner, Modder, Mapper and Tribes 2 All-Star.
 
35 - 11-04-2008, 05:55 PM quote
Deflun
Mr.
Divine Order of the Hammer
 
Deflun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Midwest southeast
Posts: 2,484
Offline

What the fuck happened to my little thread?!



Come to the city instead!, you'll see animals the size of dogs and cats the size of dogs!

Learn how The Construct is actually Freemasonry!
 
36 - 11-04-2008, 06:01 PM quote
Kryand
Nuggget
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 110
Offline

I did.


http://www.themellin.com - http://www.chaingunned.org
Former Scripter, Skinner, Modder, Mapper and Tribes 2 All-Star.
 
37 - 11-04-2008, 06:38 PM quote
Blnukem
Pimp
 
Blnukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,362
Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryand
Well my statement was mostly for DUNNA, since the four of us I mentioned are shunned by the community he represents. It was an exaggeration to get the point across.

Anyway,
A) Competition is gone from the game, and fun is all that is left to be had.
B) Everyone considers this game dead.
C) Those two event coincided EXACTLY with each other.
Coincidence?

Our attitudes didn't chase anyone away - except maybe a small number into the Rebels server. Most people left because competition got repetitive and boring without anything or anyone new coming to the mix, not because they couldn't stand the attitudes. No matter what random game you name, there is always a way you can have fun playing it. That doesn't mean the game is alive. The nature of life is to progress and evolve. Competition is what forces a game to do that. Playing "just for fun" is what forces a game to NOT do that. Now by all means, play for fun, there's nothing wrong with that. I do it myself most of the time as well.

Just don't confuse a bunch of people playing a game for fun with that game being alive.


You obviously don't understand what I'm saying. T2 died long ago with being "competitive" and that much is obvious. And "shunned" for the community DUNNA represents? If you don't like this community, then leave the forum. I personally don't give a damn. Unlike you, this community plays T2 for fun, and that keeps this community as a whole alive. If you want competition, go play Call of Duty 4.

Just don't confuse a bunch of people playing a game for competition with that of a bunch of people who are playing it for fun.
 
38 - 11-04-2008, 06:46 PM quote
Kryand
Nuggget
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 110
Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blnukem
You obviously don't understand what I'm saying. T2 died long ago with being "competitive" and that much is obvious. And "shunned" for the community DUNNA represents? If you don't like this community, then leave the forum. I personally don't give a damn. Unlike you, this community plays T2 for fun, and that keeps this community as a whole alive. If you want competition, go play Call of Duty 4.

Just don't confuse a bunch of people playing a game for competition with that of a bunch of people who are playing it for fun.


You obviously got lost somewhere. DUNNA is a V2 player. I have said nothing about construction. Other than that, I don't understand how you could make this post if you actually read mine. Try again?


http://www.themellin.com - http://www.chaingunned.org
Former Scripter, Skinner, Modder, Mapper and Tribes 2 All-Star.
 
39 - 11-04-2008, 07:04 PM quote
Blnukem
Pimp
 
Blnukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,362
Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryand
You obviously got lost somewhere. DUNNA is a V2 player. I have said nothing about construction. Other than that, I don't understand how you could make this post if you actually read mine. Try again?


I've seen DUNNA often in Construction servers, and never on V2 servers. What do you expect me to think? Back to one of your first posts, yeah, this community doesn't have much drama. Just look at how I jumped at the chance to be in an argument as stupid as this one.
 
40 - 11-05-2008, 12:08 AM quote
DUN_DUNNA
Member
 
DUN_DUNNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 43
Offline

I have played all mods, except TR2... I tried it and never really got the hang of it because I play where my friends are. Rebeldawgs is primarily a base tribe, but I play where ever the action is. I can't list all the servers I have played on but I have had a lot of fun in base, classic, v2, construction, arena, lka only... like I stated where ever the action is.

My comments weren't solely directed to you, or to your friends. You took my comments personally because you suffer from tunnelvision. My comments are based on what I have witnessed over the last 5 years. As the servers went off-line and community websites shutdown.

If you and your friends love T2 and want it to flourish, we need growth, this amazing game needs to attract and hold on to new players. Thyth's efforts aren't solely for the vestiges of a dead competition community but to place T2 on a respirator for those players that have hope, vision and the desire to instill new growth into a dying game.

It is possible that competition may occur during the T2 rebirth, but for that to happen veteran players must be more than bullies in noob friendly servers or they will find themselves muted, shunned, kicked on sight and lastly banned... for you do more harm than good! If your social skills matched your T2 skillset, you and your friends would have realised that by now!


 
41 - 11-05-2008, 06:53 AM quote
Kryand
Nuggget
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 110
Offline

Umm, my comments were all in regard to the community in general over the last 5+ years as well... where in my response did I say anything to imply I was taking it personally?

The problem with your argument is you assume that if we are nice to V2 players, they will come out of V2. While a few might, most of them are far too nurtured there to ever brave another mod. I have a feeling we wouldn't get any more V2 players from being nice then we already did at the Classic PUs we had. Now, the problem with this is V2 can't be competitive. GG NO RE (Classic team) proved that when they joined the OSL and annihilated every team without even paying attention. So you'll have a ton of people just running around "for fun", and competition won't come back, because competitive players won't play V2 for very long. Now, most gamers are competitive. In this scenario, T2 gets left with the extremely few players who aren't, and it stays dead (a scenario we have been playing out for a while now).

I don't think you are seeing the true atrocity here. Tribes (1 and 2) is reveled as the most intensely competitive game the world has ever seen. A real Tribes fan could not possibly be OK with the the status of Tribes competition being dead.

Yes I realize you don't give a shit, and you are only in it for the "fun"... and I guess the most blunt thing I can say at this point is: have "fun" running around with 50 other people, then, because that's all you're going to get.


http://www.themellin.com - http://www.chaingunned.org
Former Scripter, Skinner, Modder, Mapper and Tribes 2 All-Star.
 
42 - 11-05-2008, 07:37 AM quote
DEATHBORN
Reborn from death...!
 
DEATHBORN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: HELL!
Posts: 1,155
Offline

do you think being negative will change things?
i dont, in fact i think that all these arguements are worthless we cannot be sure what will happen when the master servers are up, the only way to tell is to move on and await what happens in t2's time line now

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorsChamp
DEATHBORN wins the thread.


I have been dead for 0 days if you see this signature. Lulz.
 
43 - 11-05-2008, 07:49 AM quote
Kryand
Nuggget
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 110
Offline

But if we don't argue about it, how will we pass the time while we wait?


http://www.themellin.com - http://www.chaingunned.org
Former Scripter, Skinner, Modder, Mapper and Tribes 2 All-Star.
 
44 - 11-05-2008, 08:07 AM quote
DEATHBORN
Reborn from death...!
 
DEATHBORN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: HELL!
Posts: 1,155
Offline

you pass the time by shuting the hell up and biulding like the rest of us XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorsChamp
DEATHBORN wins the thread.


I have been dead for 0 days if you see this signature. Lulz.
 
45 - 11-05-2008, 08:46 AM quote
DUN_DUNNA
Member
 
DUN_DUNNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 43
Offline

Kryand,

You took it personal when you named yourself and your buddies; no where did I mention you, I said competitive vets team stacking in pubs.

The same activity occured in EWO's server, MV, HV, Agents/ATF before they went down (well EWO didn't go down , but activity slowed down a lot). By the way, these were Base servers. So who named you... not me. So unless you and your classic buddies are responsible for driving out noobs in every T2 server then yeah, I'm talking to just you.

As for the V2 controversy and you and your friends... what are you smoking? Nobody really cares; I gave my views on that thread in that forum so don't drag your BS here. I hate to see skilled players get banned but you didn't help yourself in those forum threads. So if your still banned and Hybrids arguments didn'yt help ya out... pat yourself on the back for making an ass out of yourself.... again, in this forum too.

Now before you pigeon hole me in a catagory, I like competition! I would love to see competition come back to T2; but un-like you I recognise the difference between cordial activity and making an ass out of yourself. Comp in T2 would be the greatest, but I'm gonna be very honest with you. I don't care what you do in Warlovr's server, I'm not an admin, and I haven't provided cash to support that server... you act up, he spanks ur ass, you pay the price.

Server admins/ server providers aren't bound by law to be impartial. They are peeps putting out their own hard earned cash to provide a place for their friends or interested players to hangout in a server. If they kick or ban you simply because they don't like you, whose fault is that! Soooo please continue your efforts to make a tiny community conform to your small viewpoint, see how far that gets you. Ya know I can forsee the day that several servers will remain locked just for you and others like you... and that would be a dayum shame, but free free to continue on your current course of action.


 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The-Construct Master Server Krash The Construct 218 06-08-2012 06:36 PM
Suprise!!! Phantom139 Construction Creations 165 04-16-2011 02:02 AM
TWM2 Weapon Challenges/Upgrades List Phantom139 The Construct 1 01-23-2010 05:09 PM
Master server Zap General Discussion 6 08-07-2009 08:19 PM
Master Server is UP!!! Blnukem General Discussion 12 07-28-2009 05:59 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:00 PM.
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.