New Tribes Like Game ...

I really love tribes, the huge landscapes, the many different ways you can fight, all the different equipment, and the fact that tribes involves a lot of strategy, its not just a twitch shooter.

My question is... Is there a modern multiplayer game that is comprable to tribes ??? I have tried several others, quake, Call Of Duty, etc. etc. and they are all arcade like compared to tribes. I figure if anyone knows a fairly recent tribes like game it would be you guys.

JetPilot

Comments

• The only recent commercial Tribes-like project I can think of at the moment is Legions, which you can find at instantaction.com.

Other than that, there's currently Tribes mods in development for Crysis and Quake Wars that you might want to keep track of.
  • I tried legions beta, and the flying, the landscapes and weapons seem like they were taken directly from tribes, just fancied up a bit :) But its just not the same without the inventory stations, MPB's and all the other neat stuff that made tribes such a great game. I just cant figure out why they never modernized tribes and continued with the game... Or why somone else did not make a good modern copy ???

JetPilot
  • I just cant figure out why they never modernized tribes and continued with the game... Or why somone else did not make a good modern copy ???

JetPilot

The most plausible explanation I have heard come up from time to time is that the learning curve for all the factors that make Tribes so appealing... to us anyway... is fairly long. Making Tribes a game that requires a bit more investment in skills over twitching for your common FPS. But, being an FPS style, it does not appeal as well to the RPG crowd who are more inclined to invest time into skill development for a game. It's a niche market/demographic.

And the BEST GAME EVER I might add! :> (I did rather enjoy Shogo though.)
  • lol this reminds me of something stupid i tryed on cod4 once... i tryed to ski on it, it backfired and acctually slowed you down, even when jumping down hill in a ski fasion XD
  • I agree, Tribes2 was the best game ever made. Since tribes started to decline, every game that I have bought to replace Tribes2 has been a huge dissapointment... And I am one that always welcomes change and advances in technology.

JetPilot
  • I'm definately going to be playing Tribal Wars once it's done, it looked awesome.

Recently, I've been playing regular ET:QW.
    It's a pretty good game
  • been sniffing around some sites, there are more, but since i had forgotten about this thread, i didnt take note of them, and now ive forgotten >_<
  • Play UNREAL 4
    it is a great game
  • Play UNREAL 4
    it is a great game
    Is it tribes 2 like?
  • Is it tribes 2 like?
    It hasn't even been released yet.
  • Play UNREAL 4
    it is a great game

err... im probably in... if its t2-ish :p
  • its not t2 like until sierra shut down its master server.