Help! Can't Host Construction Server

Hey, so I've been trying to host a construction server for a few days now and I cant seem to get it to work. I've deleted dso's with like 4 different programs but the mod options just dont show up. (purebuild, expert mode, ect..) I've tried dedicated and just plain online but neither will work. Any ideas?

Comments

• Are you sure you've got the directory structure set up correctly? The mod should be found in Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\Construction to run properly. Also make sure you don't run any other mod between deleting DSOs and running the server.
    When you ran the dso remover, did you do a quick check to make certain they had actually been deleted?
  • Directory structure is as you said, Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\Construction. I didn't check to make sure dso's were deleted because I don't know where to check and I've tried a few different mods but never had them in the gamedata folder at the same time. Where would I find the dso's? Any other things I should fix?
  • Look in any folders really. Try your base folder and your Construction/Scripts folder.
  • DSO removers never work for me, i use windows' standard searching tool, I select the construction folder and I enter *.dso as search string. That way it will show every DSO in the construction folder and I can delete them all except the two DSO's in the "do not delete" folder.
    :D
    That way I can aswell delete every DSO in the entire tribes directory!
  • This problem, with mod-specific feature not showing up, may also occur if you have too many customscripts plugged in.
  • ugh, this is so aggravating. I manually removed all dso's from t2 accept the 2 in do not delete folder. I only have one mod trying to run. Hosted dedicated server and it still doesn't recognize the mod. It doesn't show the mod description on the load screen or display the mod options in game. I feel like I'm running in circles! Maybe I should reinstall T2 and try? I donno.
  • Hmm.. I remember solving this problem several times with Tricon2, I installed the Tricon2 server scripts packs (Server v303 Lite, Server v303 Expansion Pack and Server v303 Crap Pack Beta), the when I ran my server, I had a bunch of new admin functions when I pressed ESC in game. One of them was called "Build/compile DSO's", or something like that. I clicked that one, and the computer made a few scratching noises, along with some short hang/loading time in the game. When it was done, it popped up and message asking me to restart Tribes2. I did that, and when I ran my server again, all the mod stuff was there. You may want to give this a try.

http://tricon.rosenberry.net/t2download.html
  • I cant seem to get tricon2 to connect. Do i use my computers IP or the ip that shows up in the dedicated server window?
  • when i use my IP it says cannot connect to ip, when i use what shows up in the dedicated server window it says:

socket opened
    socket connecting
    socket connected
    live IP, no server
    socket closed
  • I think the way he wanted you to use it was from ingame through the lobby menu. If you're trying to connect through the tricon client, try using your loopback address and make sure the port you put in is the telnet port you put in the config.
    If you are going to use tricon to try and fix it though, I wouldn't recommend keeping it on the server afterwards, as it's not exactly... beneficial to construction servers.

Long ago on the construction forums of old we had a mantra that went something like "Tribes 2 reinstalled can really get things solved."
    If you stick construction on a clean install without any client scripts or anything messing with it, there won't be any DSOs for it to get past in the first place.
  • good call, and nice mantra. that was my last resort if no one had any other ideas. thanks for all your help guys, ill just reinstall.
  • I said, only the server packs, not the client thing or the stand-alone thing.