Construction isn't the same

I went to the construct server to try construction out, and thought it was great. So I tried installing it, but it's just plain weird... I start with this super chaingun, details aren't shown in the box at the bottom-left, and multiple objects won't line up properly! Also none of the commands like /hover work. I downloaded v0.70 from this site, is that the latest version?

Comments

• You probably want to download Metallic, but the version the-construct runs isn't available for download.
  • I thought this thread was going to be very nostalgic.
  • You probably want to download Metallic, but the version the-construct runs isn't available for download.

well previous versions have been technically :eek:
  • I thought this thread was going to be very nostalgic.
    Yeah, TC isnt the same without Vazolyth, Papabear, nosadb4 and Shane.

Thats almost a sixth of TC afk (afT2?).
  • Hey, don't feel so bad. After all, you got me!
    Ok yeah too many people left
  • well previous versions have been technically :eek:
    Well where could I get them? I can't even merge with without it blowing up.
    edit: ok i figured out the merging thing... but still i can't do anything without the chat commands!
  • Mess around with the different servers until you find one you like. The one The-Construct uses is not available for download. You could try and ask for it, but I doubt you will have any luck.
  • The chat commands for .70 and metallic are probably completely different.

Actually, i think the chat commands in the different metallic versions are different too, so im not really sure what to tell you there. Maybe someone that played more the early construction mods can help you with a chat command list.
  • ok... well I'll probably do most of my construction on the servers cause I don't want to learn two ways of doing everything. Thanks anyway everyone.
  • They have v0.69 and v0.68 here: http://dl.rawr32.net/mods/
  • ECM is a good mod that you can download, not sure where the download is, ask Thyth for it.
  • if chat commands arent working, you may have deleted vital .dso's that need to remain there, sorry matey, try a fresh download but just dont remove the dso's
  • if chat commands arent working, you may have deleted vital .dso's that need to remain there, sorry matey, try a fresh download but just dont remove the dso's

What deathborn means is don't delete the folder called "DO_NOT_DELETE"
  • ECM is a good mod that you can download, not sure where the download is, ask Thyth for it.

Latest public version of my construction mod: http://absolous.wavegap.com/files/ECM_Pub_0.8b_r4.rar

I've had some DNS changes, but for the most part, old links will work if you replace no-ip with wavegap.
  • What deathborn means is don't delete the folder called "DO_NOT_DELETE"

... or its contents
  • I did, and I never looked back. I just gave up, I use TX and BC anyways. Not to mention the fact that you dont get helpful admins on a Demonserver.

Made spherical or triangular pieces yet?
  • i never see you online demon. get online and we can build a tank demolition course and then duel.
  • What deathborn means is don't delete the folder called "DO_NOT_DELETE"
    For the sauce.

91008681_5ab958f8f0_o.gif
  • Lol wich movie is that from?
  • i never see you online demon. get online and we can build a tank demolition course and then duel.
    If I ever get on, then sure, I'll spare a minute to school you.

And no, you cant use anything from FF7.
    That means:
    No Octaslash.
    No Black Materia.
    No Cait Sith.
    No Chocobo.

Do we have a deal?
  • If I ever get on, then sure, I'll spare a minute to school you.

And no, you cant use anything from FF7.
    That means:
    No Octaslash.
    No Black Materia.
    No Cait Sith.
    No Chocobo.

Do we have a deal?

Omnislash*

Get your FF7 straight, bro.
  • I didn't delete DO_NOT_DELETE, the 2 files were still there. I used the DSO remover. I'll try some of those links now.
  • OK, now almost everything gives me an unhandled exception error, even .70. Weird. Well, I tried.
  • Try removing your construction folder entirely, then replacing it with a brand new construction installation, run construction using the shortcuts inside the folder and things SHOULD work just fine.
  • I believe that's what I did before, though I haven't tried again since...
  • I believe that's what I did before, though I haven't tried again since...

After you delete DSO's you have some fair chances it will actually work.

Just make sure you delete them BEFORE you reinstall construction.
  • I think one of the DSO removers deletes the DO_NOT_DELETE stuff.
  • I think one of the DSO removers deletes the DO_NOT_DELETE stuff.

Not if they're read-only.
  • Just reinstall T2