So I Got an RC Helicopter Recently

--and I have to say, It's freakin Awesome! :D
It can go 20-25mph and do flips!
(Pics are from a carbon fiber flybar mod I was working on awhile ago)
attachment.php?attachmentid=3931&stc=1
attachment.php?attachmentid=3932&stc=1
Here's a video of me doing rolls with it:

lol, trying to do rolls/flips after only having it for 3 days was probably a bad idea. ;D

Something else I've been working on recently:
attachment.php?attachmentid=3933&stc=1
lol, I'm building the "Ultimate Machine."
Otherwise featureless, the box possessed a single switch on its side. When the switch was flipped, the lid of the box opened and a mechanical hand reached out, flipped off the switch, then retracted back inside the box.

So what new hobbies, etc. are the people of The Construct up to?
  • DSC00190.JPG
  • DSC00191.JPG
  • asdasd.jpg

Comments

• I've been doing shit on gmod (check my constructive thread)

Nice chopper.

And what kind of ultimate things does the ultimate machine do?
  • Dude, you live in a swamp.
  • No, idiot, that's america :cool:
  • My hobby is finding and collecting old games and retro stuff ( as you might have seen on the RL thread)
    My newest console is the old but not forgotten Atari 2600.

Excuse my shitty camera, I'm holding Space Invanders and the game thats in the system is Pac-Man.
    • Photo 522.jpg
  • Dude, you live in a swamp.
    I just happened to be near a swamp when I decided to try doing flips/rolls. ;D
  • Dude that helicopter is sweet.

The only thing I've been doing as a recent hobby is reading the Dune series.

Other than that, just longboarding like I've got mad cow.
  • Dude that helicopter is sweet.

The only thing I've been doing as a recent hobby is reading the Dune series.

Other than that, just longboarding like I've got mad cow.

I freakin love flying it around my townhouse!

My longboard's mostly just been a means to get to my classes lately.
    I ended up in the hospital 6 months or so ago and my longboarding buddies decided to quit. : /
    If you fall off a horse and get back on you're courageous but if you fall off a longboard and get back on you're stupid? I still love longboarding. :D

I take it the longboarding in CA is a heck of a lot better than in Florida. ;D
  • I freakin love flying it around my townhouse!

My longboard's mostly just been a means to get to my classes lately.
    I ended up in the hospital 6 months or so ago and my longboarding buddies decided to quit. : /
    If you fall off a horse and get back on you're courageous but if you fall off a longboard and get back on you're stupid? I still love longboarding. :D

I take it the longboarding in CA is a heck of a lot better than in Florida. ;D
    I would guess so, there's a lot of good spots but it's fairly flat around here. There's a golf course behind my house I want to longboard but I got to find a time where no people are on it.

I took a pretty bad fall once, but luckily had my leather jacket on and slid on my stomach like a penguin for like 10 feet. Came out of it without a scratch. Took another fall when I was in Alaska, tried to run it out but it was too fast for my feet to keep up so I rolled once, got back to my feet and finished running it out. It's amazing how much a quick roll can save you. I'm really gonna eat it one of these days though, I'm sure.
  • I have tried numerous times to longboard and I just can't get the hang of it at all. As for the RC helicopter, how much was it? I have been looking into one for a while now and they all seem the same now.
  • I would guess so, there's a lot of good spots but it's fairly flat around here. There's a golf course behind my house I want to longboard but I got to find a time where no people are on it.

I took a pretty bad fall once, but luckily had my leather jacket on and slid on my stomach like a penguin for like 10 feet. Came out of it without a scratch. Took another fall when I was in Alaska, tried to run it out but it was too fast for my feet to keep up so I rolled once, got back to my feet and finished running it out. It's amazing how much a quick roll can save you. I'm really gonna eat it one of these days though, I'm sure.

Where I live is the hilliest part of Florida I've seen. :)
    (lol, maybe it's similar to where you live) The fastest I've been downhill is 36mph. That's about the size of the biggest hills.

I've been in two somewhat major accidents.
    1)
    I was cruising down a hill on campus (my gps said I was going 27) and a car pulled out of a parking lot directly behind me. He proceeded to tailgate me at a 1 foot distance. I didn't think I could slow down to go around the roundabout without him hitting me so I decided to ditch my board and jump into the roundabout's center.

lol, I managed 2 steps before I had to dive for a roll.
    Luckily, the only damage was a minor bruise on my leg and some tattered jeans.

2)
    This is the one that landed me in the hospital. :|
    I was out longboarding with some buddies (I was videoing) when at the very bottom of the hill I decided to slide off some speed (something I do all the time).

Inexplicably the board flow out from under me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZnad1ZEzxA
    The only thing I could really do in the awkward position that the board left me in was to 'slap off'. 17mph to 0mph in 1 foot is a very bad thing.
    I didn't hit hard on any of my joints but the majority of the impact went directly into my side.
    I stood up afterwards, passed out, woke up, went into shock, lost hearing/vision, and then I asked my friends to take me to the hospital.

My major concern was that I had damaged my spleen (I landed on that side) but the hour long wait to see a doctor ruled that one out.
    They ended up prescribing me Vicodin for internal bruising but that was about it. In retrospect, I also had a broken rib (I should've gotten x-rays).
    (ibuprofen works a hell of allot better than Vicodin)
    I took a pretty bad fall once, but luckily had my leather jacket on and slid on my stomach like a penguin for like 10 feet.
    I don't mean to be an ass but that's awesome!

Edit_1:
    I have tried numerous times to longboard and I just can't get the hang of it at all. As for the RC helicopter, how much was it? I have been looking into one for a while now and they all seem the same now.
    longboarding just takes a few falls to get used to. :p

The heli I have is $149 if you already have a controller and $179 for it bundled with a controller .
    Have you had any sort of experience flying an RC heli before?

Do Not buy a 2 or 3ch heli! Those are junk. :)
  • i was looking at a couple 50 dollar 3ch helis because ive never really done it before. but right now im pretty broke anyways haha
  • (ibuprofen works a hell of allot better than Vicodin)

I agree fully.

Vicodin useless garbage. They gave me it when I had E.Coli and it didn't do anything for me at all.
  • I agree fully.

Vicodin useless garbage. They gave me it when I had E.Coli and it didn't do anything for me at all.
    Quoted for truth!

I just got back from a night of longboarding. Pure Awesomeness!!!
  • And that's why you use Methadone :)