MD2-Construction-Classic-CCM Backstory Compilation!

Yeah yeah, feel free to call it a waste but I knew that the moment I created it!

It is an attempt to create a community based story completely engrossing all the best and most popular mods on Tribes. Keep in mind that on average I spend 15 mins. to an hour on each entry that is split up in ten minute periods usually during the end of a class at school. If I wanted to add details and make it look book-like it would take a year and half of it would be my first publication. :D

http://forum.radiantage.com/index.php?topic=1081.0

May I ask who is part of that 'Council of the Four' (Five sorry) and may I have your permission to use your names?

Comments

• That entire thread makes me cringe. I can't bring myself to read it. Looks good though but......nneeeaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhh!
  • Sunnysteps wrote a construction story about 7 years ago... I'll see if I can find where I saved it.
  • Do I have an awesome story coming Krash?

BTW Posted the first two days of my RPing experience on the T2-RP- thread. Read up and join in! (If spots are open of course...I occasionally leave and have to wait an hour. Popular server...)
  • Mmmmmmmmmmeh...
  • That entire thread makes me cringe. I can't bring myself to read it. Looks good though but......nneeeaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhh!
    I agree, your story is way too monotone, dull, and lacks detail. You need to vary your sentences a bit and take out some chunky words that disrupt the sentence flow. I haven't read the whole thing, same reason as quoted above. Try to touch it up a bit and I may read it.
  • Oh, it's not the grammatical content; it's the circle-jerky and painfull cheesiness.

With that said I've never really been into role-playing so my views are kinda redundant.
  • I think it is awesome, and I also think if Dayuppy only comes on to post stuff like that he can gtfo :P
  • I wanna know how CCM integrates into this?...
  • Well at the current time Mighty and Humans (In the Tribal space) is developing something and has tested it on Xlthuathopec. If you read my last post you should get an idea. The third invasion will soon start. Or try to.

But yeah, this is my first writing venture and adding in details to a story is something I find as tedious as making small things in BC. Maybe I'll write a short showoff section and add color to it.
  • NICE. You should incorparte me in thar Somewhere
  • Whatever

Said the disgruntled teen... :p
  • Said the disgruntled teen... :p
    Said the ironically equally disgruntled teen... O_o
  • The Construction - by Sunnysteps, circa ~2003.
    Loading Katabatic
    Chapter 1
    The Newbie
    “Get over here” Bark bellowed, he’s the over abusive admin and leader.
    “I’m coming, just give me a second to...”
    “Forget it! I’ll find someone else who can build my factory.”
    Before I could respond he jetted up to the top of a mountain, the coldest place I think there is on the whole planet. Once before I had trudged up there without any jetpack, I thought my feet had froze. My friends urged me to try something that I thought was completely ridiculous. Bark flew in the entryway and stared at me, energy pack on both feet, and fell over laughing hysterically.
    I flew up to the mountain to look too, in hopes no one is out there. But I knew that if there was one thing that was common around here, there’s always the Newbie...
    “Ha! Looks like you’re out of a job Iceman!”
    “Oh come on, I need a job!”
    “No, no you don’t” Bark muttered aiming his spinfusor at me. “Go or I’ll shoot you.” Bark’s eyes narrowed, he had killed many an uncooperative soul before. One of the most recent was some poor guy, Bark had customized his spinfusor to cut, not explode. The guy was a slave, a Derm. He carried some MSB (medium support beams) up to the base. He walked right past me and I could swear he was saying the slave “untrust, kill now” statement, “No Pay, No Stay.” I really think that only the Derms are dumb enough to announce when they leave. My buddy, Dark, knocked on the top of the ceiling to warn Bark who always stayed up there with his spinfusor ready to disembowel some poor soul who wants to run. The Derm leaped without success and fell on his face, he rolled over and I heard Bark scream, and then a disc flew down for each of the Derms limbs. Everytime I walk past that spot I try to cover the blood and get that out of my mind. I promise to myself that I will kill Bark one day.
    I flew down to the base before I got chopped up. Waiting for me, in heavy armor, was the Newbie. Yes, that’s his name, Newbie. I thought I could scare him away, I fired a blaster at his helmet, which he moved away from. Suddenly he reeled about and fell to his back, stupidly confused. A small ice creature had gotten into his helmet. I would’ve laughed if I didn’t think the mortar aimed at my crotch wouldn’t be fired.
    I ran into the base where Dark stood, scratching days into the wall.
    “How’s it going?” He said grinning at me.
    “I’m fired and we have a Newbie on our hands.” I plopped onto the floor.
    “Where should we go?”
    “You should stay here Dark, you have a job working for...”
    My words were cut off as a woman walked through the base, winked at us and took some LSB (light support beams) from the inventory. I knew at first sight I had fallen in love, along with Dark, Bark and the god forsaken Newbie.
    Soon it would be nightfall and the large ice creatures would come out. They had digested many a man, working on a midnight shift. It’s mandatory that some people stay out there and work in the freezing cold all night, while some poor fool, 1 Mile out stands there waiting to be eaten by some big wall of frozen fur. I always remembered that shift, not because people get eaten on it, because they leave their pda at home base because it beeps, and then some how you get lost in a blizzard fall on your face and accidently swallow a disc. The only time I remember something funny about one of them is the time Bark was on nightshift, before he was an admin. He was being chased by one, he led it right through the LSB of our base and he ran up to the very same mountain he almost killed me on today, and rather than using a gun, being himself he took off his bottom armor, unzipped and let go on the monster’s head. Whenever some one said, “ice creature” or “Bark” we all fell over laughing.
    “Dark, you going to go warn her?”
    “uh... yeah” He nudged my arm, oh my god he’s gonna try her...

Chapter 2
    The Meteor Storm
    I had just gone to sleep when our radio started to send in messages. It was my duty no matter how lazy or tired I was. The message printed out and the first thing I noticed was on the top it had INCOMING METEORS dashed across the top. After grabbing the sheet I jetted out of the base, Bark and the Newbie had joined together and looked at Me, Dark, and the Girl in disgust.
    Despite that I could not tell them about the meteors and let them get demolished, I had the urge to let it be me who dispatches of them.
    I walked over and handed the sheet to Bark. He eyed me over.
    "I don't fall for tricks Iceman." He was having a tough time deciding whether or not I had played a trick on him.
    "Bark, you will die if you don't take that message sincerely." I replied.
    Bark threw the message to the ground and looked at his base made of pure LSB. I could've bet that when he walked into it he started to cry. After about 5 minutes of that he came back out.
    "We have to reinforce the Pound"
    Dark snatched up the paper and showed me something, WE HAVE 5 MINUTES UNTIL WE FRY!!!!
    We all were scattered about, the Newbie and Bark immediately ran off to the Pound, where we keep the slave Derms. Me, Dark, and his friend all ran to some flat ground and began building. The small bunker would hold about 8 people, the top floor was strictly forbidden to be tampered with, it was our only chance to survive. 10 layers of blast walls should do it.
    As we had spent 4 minutes building we looked over at Bark and the Newbie, we saw that they hadn't finished reinforcing the Pound.
    One meteor crashed into a icy hill and turned it into a flowing avalanche. Bark took off towards us, the Newbie did the same, but a little delayed. Bark cruised through our FF door and crashed into the wall behind it. The Newbie got some shrapnel wounds when a meteor cut through the back of his armor and smashed to the ground, his armor was back on his back again, a little bloodier though. The Newbie made it in, just as well I thought about shooting the bastard for living.
    The FF's on the Pound began to fade, on and off. The gens were getting hit, but not put down for good. The meteor storm stopped and we took some deep breathes, sighed a bit. Another meteor, larger than the rest, came into view the second we walked out. We all watched as it cruised right into our gen room. Looking closer, we noticed the fireball had been a havoc guided by some rebelling Derms.

Chapter 3
    Bioderm Rebellion
    As all the hope left from us we activated our red alert, sending out signals to planets everywhere to help us.
    "Activate full shields." Bark ordered.
    "Generators damaged. No comply." The computers response made Bark slam his fists to the keyboard.
    "d**nit! Newbie, go check out the base's condition for yourself." Bark's fury was growing, irrational mistakes are inevitable. Bark looked out the window and his eyes grew wide. Hundreds of our slaves Derms were breaking for our armory, or at least headed that way. Luckily it would take them at least five hours to get there, and probably ten to get back. If we were lucky they'd run into the large ice creature's den.
    The Newbie came back with the news that our base was completely unlivable. So whenever we had to sleep, it was in our four room bunker. That night was full of anxiety. Mostly because we thought the whole bioderm force was going to come down and chop off our noses and ears.
    I remember one time when I was a newbie. Me, my friend Knox, and some other guys came in on Archipelago. We knew it was around one the working times, we thought that the Pounds FF's should be down to help regenerate some power, but like today, something had gone terribly wrong. The sticks on top of the base looked like some sort of holiday decoration, but as we flew right over we saw that arms, noses, ears, and even heads consisted among the decoration. Our two fighters did a search on the area, the one who landed never came back. Bioderms are quite a force to reckon with, without many personell. Anyway, we ran out of fuel. Me knox and the rest of the guys split up looking for A. A new vehicle or B. Some gas. I found some almost immediately. When I got back to the Havoc the pilot was missing. Everyone came back except for two guys, Me and Knox jumped in waiting for the pilot to get back. Knox looked back in the seat and slapped my arm.
    "What the hell is that?" Knox quivered.
    Blood was streaming down the seat. We looked up to see the pilots body had been speared into the roof. A couple of the other survivors hopped in and we got out of there as quick as we could. Knox was killed in the second landing where we got ambushed by submerged shrikes. I'll tell you one thing, the worst thing wasn't seeing the pilot, it was my friend, getting his head shot off by some grinning Derm who won't ever pay for it.
    I apparently had gone to sleep during this time of reminiscing. Becuase I was outside, where I had been on night shift, this time to watch out for Derms. Suddenly my memory came back. I remember that I saw the V-Pad light up for a couple of times, thinking it was a messed up fuse or something I ignored it, but when a MPB. Came out of nowhere I started to run like hell. I made it up a mountain, and then it hit me. I slid down the mountain rolling like a rag doll. Three Derms came vaguely into view.
    "Ah, I say we run him over again, until this snow is red with blood!" One Derm said as he patted the mpb.
    "Forget him, all he has is a blaster, he'll freeze before he gets up." The second Derm said inspecting the damage they had done.
    "Yes, let's go get the make-shift base down that way." The third one said happily as the others nodded their heads.
    I opened my eyes to see the pureness of a nice, yet painful sun. To my side was my blaster. In front of me was the tracks of the MPB that ran me down. I followed them up to the top of the hill. Looking down I could see the base and in all it's glory, smoke raised into the air from it. I tumbled down the mountain, blaster in hand. Once at the bottom I inspected the base, the people who had died were not anyone I knew, probably someone attempting to save us. Among the dead was some one named Jack who had video taped the whole assualt, I grabbed the tape, I'd worry bout that for later.
    I walked over to the radio which had a message sitting in the tray. I looked in amazement to a conversation.
    "This is Flatland, do you read?"
    "I read you, we need assisstance."
    "What is the situation?"
    "We have Derms on the loose everywhere."
    "We are sending in a recon force."
    You are always supposed to respond until the time 'over and out' is stated. I was guessing that my friends had ran away and saught shelter somewhere else. After looking over the rest of the attempts to get a reply I knew they weren't killed, here.

Chapter 4
    Flatland
    I trudged along wearily. Paranioa running through my blood. After about four or five hours of endless walking I spotted hope at last, two figures who looked like they were fixing up a Havoc. Once I got close enough, I fell over in front of them.
    "Aspri, help me get him up" The man said.
    "Who do you think it is?" Aspri questioned as she lifted my arms.
    "I don't know, maybe he knows where some more survivors are." The man said as I struggled to sit up right in the Havoc's seat.
    "Falton, let's go, i'm detecting movement just north of us." Aspri stated impatiently.
    "Shut up, he's pointing toward the destroyed base." I nodded yes, then he asked if there were more survivors and I nodded no. Lifting up my pda, I pointed to the red movement dots.
    "Let's check out this movement. He thinks it's survivors."
    Falton jumped into the pilots seat and Aspri got in the position behind me. They bothed seemed like gold to me, i'm sure they were a little scared of me. All I did was look at them the whole trip, I noticed while looking at their armor it said Flatland across the middle.
    "There!" Shouted as we came to a stop above two half snow covered people. I crawled out and saw that it was Dark, and the girl. Falton picked up the girl and I carried Dark back and put him a seat.
    Out of the corner of my eye I saw the fat-armored Newbie tripping and falling and tumbling down a wall of ice. Soon Falton and Aspri saw him too. I motioned for them to shoot him, but instead they let the Newbie on the Havoc.
    "Are you the last one?" Falton asked.
    I looked at the Newbie with firefull eyes and he knew what I was getting at.
    "Yes, i'm the only one left." The Newbie developed the shakes. As we flew off the planet of Katabatic, everyone swore they heard a scream that hit head on with our Havoc.
    "Must've been those Derms." The Newbie nervously laughed.
    As we neared the planet I imagined a nice forest with flattened out ground. But when we hit the ground, it was a barren desert without anything but a MSB hut that would keep you safe from the heat, meteors and anything else.
    "Where is everyone?" Aspri wondered.
    "I don't know, we were the last ones that were scheduled to come back." Falton's face went from a smile to a flat out line. I put the tape on the Havoc. I pointed at it.
    We went inside the base and waited for Aspri and Falton to gather up the nerve to play the tape.
    "You know a Jack?" I coughed.
    They just looked at eachother and put the tape in the player as fast as they could.
    The tape flickered on:
    It showed a group of people, including Aspri and Falton sitting around a table. It seemed to be a party of some kind. A lot of drinking and smoking was going on, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
    Jack stood up.
    "To our first battle with the bioderms!"
    Lots of cheering followed.
    Suddenly they all stopped partying. A man came into the room.
    "It's time to go, they need us now" The man said.
    More cheering. As they walked out of the base the man asked if they knew their schedule, and then what was it. The screen went to the normal fuzz.
    A pop up asked if they'd like to watch the next section, they hit yes and once more the voice of Jack reminded us of the casualties down there.
    "E.T.A. is 5 minutes, we're all locked and loaded and ready to kick some Dermy butt!!!" He yelled.
    He looked at the rest of the crew for more of the same kind of ideas, and found that it was alike throughout. Except for the pilot. He was in a heavy sweat. I think he must've known that going on the ground when Derms were out there wasn't a good idea.
    Once again they hit the yes on the section pop up. This time they were grounded right next to the base, I watched as they all took the positions of where I remembered the bodies being. To my horror I noticed what had happened. I rewound the tape to an exact spot and pointed at the screen's corner. Jack and the crew were walking in the base when right through a green FF window you could see some Derms Highjack the Havoc. They hit play again and the Havoc slammed into the top of the Base. There was immediate terror, and screaming. As the screen shook I saw a heavy Derm walk in the door and then the tape stopped.
  • Whoa. epic.