this thread can barely contain the win within...

http://www.filefront.com/17314364/UDK-UC.zip/

its here, the udk ut con... click the link and nerd-gasm... NOW!

Comments

(2 days later)

/me3 died of starvation.
  • Holy god... 4 minutes to download 200mb... I miss my old internet... This shit is too slow. :(
  • I get a max of 180 KB/s. Feels badman.
  • :o neither of those are that slow, i remember dial up :D ill definitely have to try this out tonight!
  • Buggy. As. Hell.

And it's still not as fun as T2.

Also needs settings... The lack of video or control settings disturbs me.

I hope this is just a beta or something. Crashed me when I tried to spawn a vehicle. It also took me 10 minutes just to make a basic box because stuff wasn't even aligning properly or even appearing where I was trying to place things. For example, I shoot at a beam and the beam I was trying to place ended up behind me or in some other random location.
  • I hope this is just a beta or something.

... :lol:
  • I don't follow the unreal construction stuff, so please elaborate the lulz, Doofy. (Honestly I only downloaded it to see how well my computer would handle the graphics)
  • I just thought that it wasn't really hard to deduce this is a rushed tech demo more than an actual game, just be patient until they release something other than "udk unreal construction" lol
  • I just thought that it wasn't really hard to deduce this is a rushed tech demo more than an actual game, just be patient until they release something other than "udk unreal construction" lol
    I don't follow the unreal construction stuff.

Just hope you see the important part there.

I thought it was just 1 person working on it... Oh well. Personally, I could care less what they release. Whoever they is. Tribes is where construction is meant to be, it feels weird playing it in another game.
  • Just hope you see the important part there.

I thought it was just 1 person working on it... Oh well. Personally, I could care less what they release. Whoever they is. Tribes is where construction is meant to be, it feels weird playing it in another game.

Your argument is compelling, but my lol came before your personal statement so therefor I have the technical win >=)
  • Your argument is compelling, but my lol came before your personal statement so therefor I have the technical win >=)

^ This
  • Also, if none of you have noticed, you can change resolutions, just incase any of you DONT read the readme's.
  • this is like, pre-alpha :p
  • Edit:
    Server down :p
  • I wouldn't like to test the pre-alpha, however I'd love to see some screenshots of you guys doing it :D (testing pre-alpha..)
  • aww, No vehicles in the UDK version yet. :'C
  • I'm a sadddddd panda.

Admittedly it was rushed as I have university starting next week (technically today =p). And as I am the only one working on this project, time is therefore a really major factor.

The port is nowhere near as stable as the UT3 version I admit but then, as stated in my first ever post, I never ever meant to compete with my original love - Tribes 2 Construction. Its main purpose was to help build my portfolio and raise awareness of the original mod, being able to share my creation with the construction community as well was a bonus.

In hindsite taking on the port to UDK was really biting off more than I could chew, considering the time-frame. But as there was demand for it I thought I'd at least give it a go. So love it/hate it - it's up to you. Even if I get just one more person into the construction community then it's a mission success.

With all that said, I thank you for all your support. I do check the forums regularly and your comments/suggestions have been inspiring. Please do keep them coming =)

See you around guys,
    Rimski out.
  • I'm a sadddddd panda.

Admittedly it was rushed as I have university starting next week (technically today =p). And as I am the only one working on this project, time is therefore a really major factor.

The port is nowhere near as stable as the UT3 version I admit but then, as stated in my first ever post, I never ever meant to compete with my original love - Tribes 2 Construction. Its main purpose was to help build my portfolio and raise awareness of the original mod, being able to share my creation with the construction community as well was a bonus.

In hindsite taking on the port to UDK was really biting off more than I could chew, considering the time-frame. But as there was demand for it I thought I'd at least give it a go. So love it/hate it - it's up to you. Even if I get just one more person into the construction community then it's a mission success.

With all that said, I thank you for all your support. I do check the forums regularly and your comments/suggestions have been inspiring. Please do keep them coming =)

See you around guys,
    Rimski out.

definately need some graphics settings if thats do able, also some people seem to be getting a missing file error, i forget which it is but numb had that error so he should be able to say more on it
  • grrr i installed directx9 and in hopes that directx11 (sdk) wuld contain directx11 also i installed that too and rebooted 50 times and i still get D3DCompiler_43.dll is missing when i try to launch unreal construction :mad:
  • grrr i installed directx9 and in hopes that directx11 (sdk) wuld contain directx11 also i installed that too and rebooted 50 times and i still get D3DCompiler_43.dll is missing when i try to launch unreal construction :mad:

Downloading the latest version of Direct X using the web installer worked for me. I got it here
    definately need some graphics settings if thats do able, also some people seem to be getting a missing file error, i forget which it is but numb had that error so he should be able to say more on it

Numb is also probably referring to the D3DCompiler_43.dll error. In which case he should follow the advice above.

The graphics settings would be a nice feature to add. It is certainly doable. For now the graphics have to be changed in the config file, you can even turn on dynamic shadows from there (although I wouldn't recommend it).
  • now it just for no reason when i try to launch it it just says udk.exe has stopped working no other messages just it's not working-Yes i tried reinstalling it
  • Rimski, you'll always have a soft spot in The Construct hall of the mighty carpenter and in our hearts :heart:

even nukem's, and he's very cranky
  • Downloading the latest version of Direct X using the web installer worked for me. I got it here

Numb is also probably referring to the D3DCompiler_43.dll error. In which case he should follow the advice above.

The graphics settings would be a nice feature to add. It is certainly doable. For now the graphics have to be changed in the config file, you can even turn on dynamic shadows from there (although I wouldn't recommend it).

and about competing with the t2 con mod, to be honest, i wouldnt mind it really, utilising con mod on udk would be in-fecking-credible, but t2 will always have a spot for most of us, its how we all met after all..

Rimski, you'll always have a soft spot in The Construct hall of the mighty carpenter and in our hearts :heart:

even nukem's, and he's very cranky

Amen?
  • ok i made it work but then my sound stopped working when i installed directx 9.0 so i uninstalled it and my sound came back meaning directx corrupts my sound drivers
  • ok i made it work but then my sound stopped working when i installed directx 9.0 so i uninstalled it and my sound came back meaning directx corrupts my sound drivers

that cant be possible its grahpical driver (is that the right term?, i think it is... anyway...) how the hell does it screw up sound drivers?
  • I cant get Unreal construction working (UDK one). When I launch it, it displays UDK splash and goes into black screen, I have to restart computer after that.
    I included log file.
  • I cant get Unreal construction working (UDK one). When I launch it, it displays UDK splash and goes into black screen, I have to restart computer after that.
    I included log file.
    uuuh..
    About that text file. It's my MC server's IP. ;D
    71.229.22.176:25565 Iplop's survival server
    Upload the wrong file?
  • Lol fail. Wrong frigging txt file. :lol:
    Here's the real deal.
  • I'm a sadddddd panda.

See you around guys,
    Rimski out.

His surname is Cox.