What's the deal with...

With people asking for admin.
I come in today around 4 hours ago, I start building another bridge on Rasplands, and already I have someone asking me "How do I get admin?".
A few days ago too, twice.
I would just like to point out that Krash has around 12 or 13 admins on his server, and has no needs for more unless stated by himself.

Comments

• Yea, lol, JoeKick Ass keeps asking everyone. Just tell him that there is a new rule for asking for admin ^_^
    Krash already has too many admins.
    Even tough I want admin, like everyone else, I don't ask every time I see an admin.
  • People like to think that admin is something that's given out for some reason. An eye is always out for nice people, but these days it's mostly guys from the old crew added to the list or given temporary admin.
    I think the actual count of people on the admin list is somewhere around 25. A few of the old ones who haven't been on since 2003 were trimmed off a few months ago. I suppose I'll make a list of the current admins...

SuperAdmins: EEK, Pikace, Triclore, Captn Power, Shane, Dracneir, godboy, Plutonium, Zonkman, CMDRBOB, GiBBeR, PapaBear

Admins
    : Construct, Vazolyth, Fujisawa, Naosyth, BlitzTorque, UltraCon, Dead_Wrong, Rellik, Electricutioner, Emperors Champ, SuperDoe, Master Chief, Thanatos
  • Wow, the only Super Admins I've seen on where Krash & Shane
    And the only admins I really see on are Master-Cheif [He's leaveing to boot camp :( ], Dead_Wrong, and SuperDoe.
    Krash & Master are the only ones that are on almost daily.

Oh yeah, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO BLITZTRORQUE??? I think he quit after I took that 3/4 year break! :'(
  • Hey... I'm on that list! :)

And what's wrong Ry, you never see me? :(
  • Opps, I've seen you, but not as often as Master
  • You've seen me, and I'm an admin :P
  • you've seen me, and im not an admin =P

actually you probably havent seen me :)
  • He was asking me what your ingame name was the other day. Don't think he believed it was Humans. :p
  • oh its humans, i just dont have time to play much. been busy with college n stuff
  • Where you a good builder? Where you as good as Krash, master, me, or a noob? =p
  • oh its humans, i just dont have time to play much. been busy with college n stuff
    I feel you there. Next week I have a large thermodynamics lab presentation due on monday, some study sessions to attend for my thermodynamics test on tuesday, need to do a long homework assignment for materials that's due on tuesday, a 6 page lab write up due on tuesday, wednesday I need to do a bunch of homework and studying, as on thursday I have a materials test, 5 sections in differential equations due, and some aerodynamics homework to do.

Needless to say, that friday night i'm getting hammered.

Yay for being an Aerospace Engineering major!
  • 0_o right now i am in the new engineering program here but i think i'm going to switch to a criminal justice major. i havent actually been anywhere near as busy as you seem now. that's just my excuse =P
  • and i am a pretty good builder, better than some of the people that hang out on the servers now (as in this summer) but i'm not very creative.
  • Had you declared a certain type of engineering? I know for a fact that the stuff aero's do is like 3 times the workload of the mech's, and they're the next closest in terms of workload :(

At least later in life I get to take the trophy wives, vacation cruises, and drive a fancy car. After paying off my insane amount of student loan debt, of course. Until then though, I don't have time to go party on the weekends. Hell, next friday when I'm getting sloshed I'm probably going to be doing something homework related while sloshed

:(
  • :( that's too bad, just keep thinking of the awards, and no i havent officially declared a major yet. I am in some very basic engineering and some other things. When I say busy with college it's not all classes.
  • Ahh. Yeah, if I wasn't so busy with classes I'd be out having fun as well.
    well, not too much, as I'm broke and have about $60 to last me until next year. and food has to come out of that :(

well, that's unless my dad never pays up the thousand dollars he owes me. But until then, I've got 60 bucks :(

for those of you not in college yet:
    SAVE YOUR MONEY, YOU WON'T REGRET IT
    Trust me on this. I'm sure your parents probably set you up with a savings account or something, or just a piggy-bank sort of deal. Try putting back a little each month from your allowance/job ($15 or so) and don't spend it until you get to college. You'll be so glad you did, as you'll be able to afford to party and to eat out every now and then.
  • i second that. i figured i could save about a thousand dollars the summer before college... couldnt find a job :(

I got really lucky and my parents found a bunch of savings bonds that my grandma had given to me back in the day. that's going fast too =P
  • ugh... spent 7 hours today trying to finish up a lab and make the powerpoint for the presentation. Still need to meet again tomorrow :( Right now I'm working on some materials' homework that's due on Tuesday, on top of all the other shit we have to do. God, I hate that professor. Her face lit up like a child opening a present on Christmas day and finding everything he's ever wanted when someone asked if she knew about everything else we had due that day, and if she still wanted to have it due, and she was able to tell him that yes, we are indeed being raped mercilessly and without any hope of lube. :(
  • Moral of the thread kids: don't join aerospace engineering if you want a life in college.

Although, while we were in the engineering center, there were some tour groups going around, and from the signs they guides were holding, we determined them to be prospective aero kids

so being the smart-ass that I am, on one of the monitors in the computer lab we were in (there were large windows the groups would walk back and forth in front of, so we saw each group 2 or 3 times, and we were right next to the window) I typed up "DON'T JOIN AEROSPACE! YOU'LL SPEND YOUR WEEKENDS LIKE US" in size 85 font and left it on display for them to read. Got a few good reactions from people :) My favorite was this one guy who walked past, then about 5 seconds later appeared suddenly in the window again to read my sign, all cartoon style too, just appearing leaning in the side of the window, it was the most we laughed all day :lol:

I'm going in again tomorrow at 10AM (it's 2AM now) and spending from 10 till probably 4 or 5 again :(