Retards

Well, we were building in The-Construct.BC when I called a vote to change the map. Everybody voted 'yes', the map changed, and people started crying at me and smiting me because they lost their buildings due to me not warning them before calling the map vote?

First of all, it is their own responsibility to save their progress regularly to avoid losing too much building progress in ANY situation where the map is cleared. If they did not save their buildings for hours, well, that is not my concern.

Secondly, THEY are the ones that voted yes for changing the map. If they had at least a little intelligence in their little skulls, they wouldn't have voted yes on a map change vote if they hadn't saved their pieces for hours.

So they continued to cry, blaming me for their own dumb errors. They started to spam giant LSB's to enclose my building and eventually decided to gang up against me by calling a kick vote on me.

Seriously, what is up with that?

Comments

• The moment you said they whined after voting yes to a map change, you explained the rock-botton kind of retards these retards are, I can't do anything besides grief for you :(
  • Story of my life Shimpeh, I sympathise with you.
  • Shrimp got a bit of Great News at least buddy:
    I FOUND THE TREE HUT SAVE!!! TIKI HUT IS RECOVERED! Wooot Wooot

~PapaBear =pirate
  • Hey, Life is full of Retards. Learn to live with it.
  • Who's up for another round of purging the pests?

I do recall retard season is coming up, so grab your trusty Winchesters and ride your steeds to the hunt once more, gentlemen.
  • Do we have to bring our white robes again?, last time I had a hard time riding my horse and the pointy cap was susceptible to catching fire..
  • Yeah, I've gotten that out of people too. A simple to implement solution to this would be an auto-save when a change mission vote is called.
  • Shrimp got a bit of Great News at least buddy:
    I FOUND THE TREE HUT SAVE!!! TIKI HUT IS RECOVERED! Wooot Wooot

~PapaBear =pirate

Yeah! Woot woot!
  • Actually, Phantom MIGHT HAVE A GOOD IDEA.

Krash could create another building manager slot that will save all of a player's pieces to when the map changes. When the next map is loaded, those pieces can be loaded and saved to a different slot, and since the pieces are saved by position, it won't matter that they're loaded and saved on a different map, they'll still appear in the right position on the right map.

In order to avoid huge amounts of saved buildings, as soon as the map changes again this save slot is overwritten, with some fail safes. I.e. If player building a base on map C, and goes afk, and other players vote to change the map to map B. This works, and the base on map C is saved. The players decide they don't wanta be on map B and goto map A, the player should still have map C's pieces saved to the slot, since he/she didn't deploy anything. This will keep afk players from losing their pieces by being afk. :p

Another fail safe, if the map is changed more than once in a half hour, to create more than one save slot. I.e. Say the base is on Map C, and the map is changed to map B, and then as soon as it's loaded, the player accidently deploys a piece, and the admin is "lolwrongmap" or something, and the map is changed to Map A. Since the player deployed a piece on map B, it'd technically overwrite the base save for Map C, and pretty much screw him/her over. So have more than one slot for a half hour. After the half hour, it gets deleted, since a half hour is time enough for anything, like a shower or something, and plenty of time to re-load and properly save your building.

Just a quick thought.
  • :(
    You stole my words there, Bln!
  • It's more for Krash/other hosters to consider.
  • Yeah but if the pieces are saved in a universal place how would they register back to the original player, BC would need 10 universal slots.
  • No, it'd make the player auto-save to their one slot on THEIR building manager. And auto-delete and what not.
  • It's more for Krash/other hosters to consider.
    That's a bit bitchy. :lol:
  • No, it's fact and truth. Not like either you or I could implement it. If it comes across as bitchy, I really don't care.
  • I've gone drooling on the news of a possible n0Obhunt... Must get my Blitzwing commands running again!

I'm looking forward to flying with you all against the non-forum-goers-or-complete-retards-not-like-Blnukem.
  • I've gone drooling on the news of a possible n0Obhunt... Must get my Blitzwing commands running again!

I'm looking forward to flying with you all against the non-forum-goers-or-complete-retards-not-like-Blnukem.
    Welcome back, SSgt FURB.

I trust your time since the last hunt hasn't made you rusty?
  • Senior Sergeant FURB of the (Left blank by user request) ... Ah, the good ole days. Reminds me of today.
  • Yeah but if the pieces are saved in a universal place how would they register back to the original player, BC would need 10 universal slots.

an autosave function already exists, and it works exactly how Snow's idea was, it would be a simple matter to just invoke it on every client just before the map changes. :P

That's a bit bitchy. :lol:

Oh, i see you're just now meeting Snowfire.
  • This has already probably been said but its generally nice to give people 3-5 minutes warning before voting to change the map. ;D
  • This has already probably been said but its generally nice to give people 3-5 minutes warning before voting to change the map. ;D
    Read the third paragraph of the first post, that's the essence of this thread.
  • while you guys were talking i was grilling and killing retards on sloiks server... where they seem to be multiplying... alot... and the worst thing is i swear i saw them sniffing around bc a few days back O_o'