We've Caught Him!

:clap: WE HAVE CAUGHT THE MAIN CONSTRUCTION MOD HACKER!! :clap:
Ok, Master, and I was the construct server, and there was that noob-tard SnowFire that has hacked admin, and he kept trying to kick me because he hated me. Well, Master kept caneling it :)
So anyways, we went to Flatdash Hallowen, tand RPG was on, I didn't get a little tag thing that said something. So I was just jetting around, and then the chat said

Rysterf|U| Bld.: I zrlwED MY SISTER AND MY DOG!
SnowFire89 Bld.: OMG RYS! I tired of you swearing, let's kick him!
Vote Inisiated to kick player Rysterf|U|.
Rysterf|U|: OMG?! I DIDN'T SAY THAT! I SWEAR TO GOD!
Rysterf|U| Bld.: zrwl skhg jglding ujfb!!!
Vote has been canceled by the Admin.

And it went on and on.... but it ends up that snow hacked my name because he was the only one with the Bld. tag on their name. So when he would hack my name

SnowFire: Rysterf|U| Bld.:
Me: Rysterf|U|:
Snowfire not hacking my name: SnowFire78 Bld.:

I also think he hacked Master's name...

WE CAUGHT SNOWFIRE HACKING!!!! :wave:
I HOPE HE GETS BANNED FOR EVER!
WE HAVE THE LOGS TO PROOVE IT!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Master for being there, knowing how to bring up the logs! :wave:
I <3 Construction

Comments

• No more name hacking me!!! :D
  • I did notice that my name was in the chat box when I was building a camp fire. That caught my attention.
  • Put this on upon Request.

[07:24:35 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. mc, y do i have tribe?
    [07:24:40 PM] rysterf|U|: Thanks.~wvoice/Male1/gbl.thanks.wav
    [07:24:40 PM] Gorre: dark prince tried to chage mission to flatdash
    [07:24:41 PM] Master-Chief-=pirate: a what?
    [07:24:44 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. oh.
    [07:24:46 PM] Gorre: now back on the REAL subject!
    [07:24:49 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. tribe at the end of my name
    [07:24:53 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. yes!
    [07:24:53 PM] rysterf|U|: OMG...
    [07:24:58 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. im tired of his language!
    [07:25:00 PM] Master-Chief-=pirate: cmon guys
    [07:25:02 PM] Gorre: so am i
    [07:25:02 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. ...
    [07:25:03 PM] Master-Chief-=pirate: give him another chance
    [07:25:04 PM] Gorre: master
    [07:25:05 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. fine.
    [07:25:05 PM] rysterf|U|: I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING!
    [07:25:07 PM] Gorre: thing of it this way
    [07:25:09 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. ONE MORE chance.
    [07:25:12 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. gorre
    [07:25:15 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. just one more chance.
    [07:25:17 PM] Gorre: IF HE DOESNT LEARN THE LESSON NOW HE WILL NEVER LEARN IT
    [07:25:18 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. if he screws up
    [07:25:23 PM] :
    [07:25:24 PM] Gorre: alright you know what
    [07:25:34 PM] Gorre: my fiancees given me 100 chances, so ill give him 1 more chance
    [07:25:37 PM] rysterf|U|: I swear to god that wasn't me that said that one thing
    [07:26:00 PM] rysterf|U|: I can get Krash to prove it
    [07:26:14 PM] Master-Chief-=pirate: mm
    [07:26:17 PM] Master-Chief-=pirate: this fire needs to be smaller
    [07:26:40 PM] rysterf|U|: Tribe. 1snow HAHA YOU MOTHERqrztING nkwts, I FOOLED THEM HAHA YOU STUPID lqnrING C|_|NT JUST GO lkzwING DIE IN UR MOMS PUSYS
    [07:26:43 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. o.O
    [07:26:45 PM] rysterf|U|: WTF?
    [07:26:46 PM] Master-Chief-=pirate: WTF?
    [07:26:47 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. KICK HIS qtznING ASS
    [07:26:50 PM] rysterf|U|: I DONT HAVE THE TRIBE TAG!
    [07:26:51 PM] :
    [07:26:52 PM] rysterf|U|: I DONT HAVE THE TRIBE TAG!
    [07:26:58 PM] rysterf|U|: I DONT HAVE THE TRIBE TAG!
    [07:26:59 PM] Master-Chief-=pirate: ............
    [07:27:01 PM] :
    [07:27:01 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. KCIK HIM!
    [07:27:02 PM] dark prince 10|U|: yes u do
    [07:27:02 PM] Master-Chief-=pirate: WTF is GOING ON
    [07:27:04 PM] rysterf|U|: THERES TWO PEOPLE
    [07:27:06 PM] :
    [07:27:09 PM] {|TDC|}metal-teddy: Hunt. woot
    [07:27:11 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. ADMIN KICK HIM!!!
    [07:27:14 PM] Gorre: kick him!
    [07:27:15 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. Thanks.~wvoice/Male1/gbl.thanks.wav
    [07:27:18 PM] rysterf|U|: One is rysterf|U|, and the other one is rysterf|U|Tribe.
    [07:27:20 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. KICK HIM FOR CUSSING!
    [07:27:24 PM] rysterf|U|: One is rysterf|U|, and the other one is rysterf|U|Tribe.
    [07:27:24 PM] Gorre: master look up in the chat at what ry said!
    [07:27:24 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. wtf!
    [07:27:31 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. KICK HIM!!!!
    [07:27:34 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. KICK HIM DAMN IT!
    [07:27:44 PM] :
    [07:27:48 PM] Master-Chief-=pirate: ysterf|U|: Tribe. 1snow HAHA YOU MOTHERqrztING nkwts, I FOOLED THEM HAHA YOU STUPID lqnrING C|_|NT JUST GO lkzwING DIE
    [07:27:50 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. incredable sever language!
    [07:27:53 PM] Gorre: LOOK AT WHAT HE SAID IN THE srwlING CHAT
    [07:27:56 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. YEA
    [07:27:58 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. KICK HIM!!!!!
    [07:28:04 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. we shouldnt have to tolerate that kind of thing guys!
    [07:28:06 PM] Master-Chief-=pirate: Wow.
    [07:28:08 PM] SnowFire789: Tribe. seriously!
    [07:28:16 PM] Master-Chief-=pirate: I'm not going to kick.
    [07:28:19 PM] Master-Chief-=pirate: I'm speechless.
    [07:28:21 PM] Master-Chief-=pirate: ffs
    [07:28:22 PM] rysterf|U|: WTF did Master say? O_o
  • LMAO! Thank you sooo much Master, and by the way, Shadow spelled pussies wrong when he hacked he to say it XD
  • Seriously, Who the Hell is Shadow?
  • I hope you get banned, snow

Oh yea, I said shadow because of this older server I would always play on:
    Shadow Fire
  • lol. of course krash will ban poor me as soon as he hears of this. -.^
  • THE' SHADOW FIRE?
    Sounds very familiar, I think I've seen him on Construction once before.
    Anyways, As soon as Krash gets whats going on, all 4 of us can discuss it.
  • of course. we will see who gets banned? if anyone?
  • I hope you enjoyed your last day on construction mod!
  • oooohhh the drama!

....I feel like I'm in high school again...
  • lol, Krash probably said that 'cuz he talks like a genius to me (Maybe he is one), and I never understand. :D
  • Or that your grammar is incomprehensible, and your sentences do not convey any understandable information.

I, for one, have no idea what you are talking about. All I got was something about name changing, and how you think that somehow makes some other player into a hacker.
  • What ever Thyth...
  • Or that your grammar is incomprehensible, and your sentences do not convey any understandable information.

I, for one, have no idea what you are talking about. All I got was something about name changing, and how you think that somehow makes some other player into a hacker.

lol Thyth. try concentrating hard and thinking like a druggie. that may help?
    But you are right, someone getting a name change does not constitute that they are a hacker.

although i may well be ;)
  • Thyth is right.
  • Why don't I enumerate the things that I would consider "hacking" (which really, in this context is cracking)?

1) Brute forcing the sad() admin password on a server and getting SA. You are cracking and determining a password placed there for access control. Some servers have protections against multiple password entry attempts, but most do not.

2) Emulating the 3-way handshake performed by the game during the client connection process to spawn tons of fake player connections. This requires some knowledge of a packet sniffer, and the ability to make sense of some data. This allows you to fill up a (non-protected) server and prevent anyone else from joining. This falls more under denial of service attacks rather than a useful crack.

3) Emulating the master server requests to make a server non-responsive. With the right data, someone on a dialup modem could raise pings on a server to 18,000 ms. This also falls under denial of service.

4) Using a modified game client to connect to servers with GUIDs of known admins/super admins. The server thinks your unique game identification number is the same as that of an admin on the server, so it gives you admin. It has no way to tell the difference. This can also be applied to leverage console back-doors built into various mods.

5) Exploiting a flaw in the game script to execute arbitrary code, or change data in the server state. There are several flaws in Tricon2, for example, that allow gaining admin on the server without cracking passwords, and a couple of ways to inject code straight into the console.

Certainly there are other examples and variations of the above, but I provide those as standards of things I've done that you shouldn't be able to do. Changing a name of a person is something that any current administrator could do on those servers. Some servers even let you do it without admin. It isn't particularly interesting, sophisticated, or useful (unless you want to make fun of people that think it is some serious wizardry).

I'd also like to point out an incredibly obvious inconsistency in your (rysterf's) story. If a person has "hacked admin", they would be able to kick you instantly. There would be no vote required, thus nothing that another admin could cancel.

All you are doing here is making a fool of yourself -- to our amusement, which means we take you even less seriously... thus, we might choose to do these sorts of tricks for further amusement.

You obviously took the bait when Etabob "hacked" admin and blamed it on you. You were clearly affected when Dead_Wrong/Thong (whatever he calls himself now) was randomly changing names on the server. Now, you once again prove that people can screw with your head and get results worth laughing about.

That's 3 times already that you've decided to waste space on the forum with your rambling. If I wasn't sick of the incomprehensible postings, and I wasn't a "responsible" admin on The-Construct servers, I might have joined in the fun.
  • lol i thought i was the only person that noticed that Rysterf attracted all of the drama with "evil" admins.
  • lol. acutally Thyth is right, it is jsut a simple trick. and it IS immensly amusing to mess with his mind. oops?
  • The only reason that I don'y like name hacking is because I get kicked because it gets me kicked, and then bye-bye fun for me. Even the admins thought I was saying what Snow
    "Hacked" me to say.

The meaning of hack is to get into something or somewhere that you're not disposed to be in.
  • If you want to get pedantic about the definition of "hacking", I'll reference the Oxford English Dictionary: hacking, vbl. n.1 -- d. The use of a computer for the satisfaction it gives; the activity of a hacker (HACKER n. 3). colloq. (orig. U.S.).

The use of "hacking" to mean "cracking" is the fault of inept journalists for the Times in 1984. They had no idea what they were talking about. Unfortunately, brainless people are abound, and said brainless people continue to misuse "hack" in the place of "crack".

Rest assured that SnowFire is using a known mechanism for switching his name. If it was something that Krash wanted to stop he could have. It doesn't involve creative breaking of the system, despite what you want to believe.

You need to make it harder to push your buttons, and get a clue about what is going on, or this sort of stuff will continue.
  • Thyth is The Construct's own psychologist. :)
  • And what he said is true. He's no fun =P lol.
  • If you don't want me to blow your psychological fun, let me in on it before I post an analysis.
  • Lol, will keep that in mind.
  • Wow this thread hasn't died yet?