Imperial Star Destroyer

I am thinking of starting a new project, that is... If ZipperDude doesn't delete it by saving over it like he did my carrier. :mad:

I am going to make a Star Destroyer, it will either be on the BC server or on the ClockWorks sever.

And here are some screenies I took while playing Star Wars: Warlords mod in Homeworld 2, and I will build the destroyer off these pictures.
  • ss00019.jpg
  • ss00020.jpg
  • ss00021.jpg
  • ss00022.jpg
  • ss00023.jpg
  • ss00024.jpg

Comments

• Didnt get any inside pics?
  • Sor-ry, i was actually talking about galactic conquest mod btw
  • There is no galactic conquest mod..
  • I seem to recall a star wars mod for BF1942 by that name, actually.

You could build it on the offline BC server - using the auth code would give you a guid based on your forum user since one hasn't manually been added to your account so you'd have a whole new slot and the pieces all to yourself most of the time. Of course, you'd need me to load it for you on the live server to show it off unless... I suppose I could allow your account to use the auth code on the online server so it'd be easier to tell the difference and you could have your own slot.
  • I wanna help! lettme know when your going do it.
  • I'll probably start it tommorow... Since I'm having WAY too much fun making swarms of Star Wars fighters and have them destroy eachother in Homeworld 2...
  • Hey! I never knew that u saved!

And im teh Star Wars Fan!
  • Yes, it was bf1942 mod
  • when i was in Jedi and Yak- used to play he made a pretty sick star destroyer and I helped a lil.

good times...
  • M-17 showed me that
  • Well I started the project, but dumb me made the frame about 2/3 too small of what it's supposed to be... So I'm going to make a Victory Star Destroyer Instead, since it's much smaller. I'll start the original project, an Imperator Star Destroyer after I'm done with the Victory Destroyer.

And as a general note, I am doing the project in stages, so if you join the server and see a floating Triangle and a Hangar bay, don't think I'm done... I am constructing the innards first, then I'll do the outer hull.

Here is a picture of what I am making now:
    • ss00051.jpg
  • I think that since master phailed, ima try to create a minellium falcon
    heres it...
    falcon8.jpg
  • I have a simple frame completed, here are some screenshots of it:

And I have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy filling the Hull... Since it's a triangle shape...
    • screen1.png
    • screen2.png
  • Why did u leeve like that??
  • And I have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy filling the Hull... Since it's a triangle shape...
    You suck. Filling in that type of triangle shouldn't be that hard.
  • To Zaxx: I had to go to work.

To Eolk: I am very lazy... So shuddap 'Yolk'
  • Did you just call me "Yolk?" Maybe I should start calling you insulting names from now on... oh wait... I do that anyways.
  • LOL!!! "Yolk"
    Did you just call me "Yolk?"
  • I like to scramble myself.
  • Sunny-Side up is better...
  • did you ever see yak-'s i cant remember how exactly he filled it in, but im pretty sure he used crates and then scaled them. it ended up looking really good, i wish that i had pics of it =(
  • I wonder where m-17 went. he could reload it
  • I knew someone would post that some day.
  • I think it looks like pizza.
  • why? because i threw some tomatoes at it?
  • Weird eyes, arent they? :p

Lol, i found them at some forum i was browsing.
  • I found them off Wikipedia.
  • Find a girlfriend on wiki too
  • Blnukem I was going to say the starter frame looks good. Not sure the exact scale you are using but trust me when I say make sure it is big you will have more fun with the design overall the more realistic you can get the scale. The outer hull you have to fill it in with the brown crates. It has been years since I have been building but you can fill in triangles with it. Overall you will get a headache from the angles and sizing still. I build a Imperial Class Star Destroyer 2 years ago as my final project before I left T2 for good. Anyways if you are not building it in your own server I suggest you do so for many reasons. The fact you can hang on to your own design and always have the entire server for your own construction purposes and can control the environment. Also if you use the editor to do the hull you can save yourself alot of agony. It might be semi cheap but trust me for all the detail needed you need to bring out the big guns. So yes other than that you should be ok. I suggest you don't put in the generators or start wiring doors until most of the frame and hull is complete to where you can build your compartments. If you need a consult email be at kyleyakubisin to gmail. I think I have my Star Destroyer archived somewhere and if need to I could dig it out. Trouble is it was done on Quantium but I've had bigger problems.