Well, it's been a while...

...But I've come back. When I left the Construction Mod roughly two and a half years ago, it was well on its way to the great Flatland in the sky. Imagine my surprise when, upon a whim, I Google "Construction Mod" and find, not only this site, but a forum that is still alive and well.

I mean seriously guys, Don't you know when to let an old dog die? Con Mod is old news, creaking with age and falling to bits. But no, you don't know how to quit, and you don't know how to let it die.

Good thing, too. I love this game.

So, seein as it's still up, I feel like comin' back to it, for nostalgia's sake. Some of you old-timers may remember me, but most of you probably won't. It'll be nice to see how the snot-nosed noobs of yesteryear have grown into today's top talents, more than worthy of the veteran status once bestowed upon my ConModding generation by those that came before us.

One problem though, last I heard the game was mostly dead, and it took a lot of monkeying to get it working. Anyone feeling generous enough to lend a hand and help me remember just how the hell to get this mod running in a semi-playable state?

Thanks a million. I'll see you out in the field, blowin' your generators.

Comments

• Construction will never die as long as I have any say in it. :)
    Unfortunately you won't recognize very many of the players online on a day-to-day basis, the majority left are still relatively new. There are a couple of us dedicated first-generation guys that still play and build projects, as well as a good few random guys from around 2003-2005.

It doesn't really take much work at all to get working (assuming you remember your login info). You just download the T2 installer (here), download and extract the mod of your choice in gamedata if you want one, and check this thread if you're having trouble with the out of date error on the old sierraup launcher.
  • Hello Kezz, nice to have an old construction vet come back to the mod, I've been in construction since it came out. (Good ole Xenoc De|Construction brought me into it way back in the day) Anyway, I hope to see ya around the construction servers and, btw, Construction wont die as long as Krash has his muffins to persuade people to keep playing. And I wont leave either. (Even if my new computer messed up all the textures and models)
  • Hiya, nice way to break it
    creaking with age
    But were glad your here, and hope to see you start on our new mods etc whatever, just remember to get flatland/big because they're rly popular con mod maps
  • as well as a good few random guys from around 2003-2005.
    That would be me. Playing since Starsiege/Earthsiege, playing con since 2005.