SoLoFiRe's CONSTRUCTION

Well, some of you may remember me, others may not. However, I used to host a popular server back in the day.

I turned the server back on the other day. I noticed that few people play Quantium anymore. My server CURRENTLY runs Quantium XI.
Quantium XI is quantium X, but with several tweaks and new packs (by me and a few others... not Quan).

Anyway,
I think SC needs a change.
I've been out of the loop for a while and I think I should run a new mod.

POLL: What mod would you like a new server for?

Comments

• IF you want host ECM, you better to get in NOS or you can wait for publish..
  • you can get ECM with or without being in NOS
  • To further Zaxx's sentence, "You can get ECM with or without being in NOS..." when Public Beta 8 is released. Thyth is currently working on his protection scripts (known as 'Antitheft') to make sure that irresponsible people don't steal his scripts. To access the scripts, you need to be in the NOS clan.

Oh, and to get an invitation into the NOS clan, you need to raise an admission vote to one of the members. If you are accepted, Thyth will invite you. However, you usually need to impress Thyth first. Second, you need to be in good relations status with the Construction community. Third, you must be trustworthy in the eyes of all NOS members.

It's a tough order. I've been trying to think of something that would impress Thyth for just about two years now, but I've never quite found the right thing.

~Syn
  • I picked MooCon since it is pretty much the best to build in. Quantium is fun, but... The admins are n00bs when they get the Customizable Gun. Krash's version of Metallic is very good, but the regular version is horribly made. CCM is good for base-wars and combat-based construction gameplay. ACCM is still under development and is still pretty new. It's not that good for building just yet. It's basically the same as CCM except it has many more options. ECM is very good, but I need to play it more often to say more. Classic Construction is pretty much... Classic? I'd love to host it just to relive lost memories, but you can't do much in it.

And, Solofire, I used to be in your clan, and I used to join your server regularly. Although I am the Lead Developer of ACCM and would love if you hosted it, I suggest if you want to host just to build and have fun, choose ECM. MooCon is good, but Foocumber likes his backdoors... If you want to build/kill zombies, I can give you the beta to ACCM 1.3, but I have always gone to your server to build in the past, so once more, I suggest you choose ECM.
  • I don't know where you got the name "Recon". It is rather ineloquently named "Antitheft".

I've run into some bugs in the Torque Script interpreter (again!) which I'm trying to work around. Otherwise, I would have been done on Thursday, which was my projected release date.
  • That sucks... Well I bid you good luck. :)
  • (I believe known as 'Recon'?)

...Me and Naosyth were talking about an armor type for Halo 3...when we used the analogy of Absinthes and Flaming Hayubasa Heads...

Recon is a special armor only bungie employees get...so yeah, it's not called Recon.
  • That's pretty funny how that got mixed up.
  • i bet your sighing with relief?
  • So QXI is't just rumours?
  • Quantium XI has been undergoing many stages, it's release date may be never and it might release after all. I am unsure, how to as I have no ways as to contact Sun Quan whatsoever. The last time I heard of its current stage was when I threw some gun codes to Sun on AIM a while back, when he used to be on daily.

He's been working on his Fury mod more than Quantium XI though, so..

Also I would appreciate it if you did not re-name Quantium to its future self (XI) As this thread caught my eye when i saw the 'Quantium XI' in your poll. I would appreciate it if you would rename it to something else, like 'Quantium Nutotium' or something, if you get where I'm going.
  • Howz about (dead) QX?
  • Works for me.