Eizzy's REALLY tricky pro building challenge. Avast!

Ahoy.

I think it's time to throw down a gauntlet. :D

'Perfect' buildings is the aim - no rough edges, good symmetry, no overlapping texture glitches, and always using a good custom texture pack, not the narsty looking one that comes with con (I forget which one I used, but it had nice gold details on the pads, and the med S beams were grey - a must for viewing any of my buildings btw. :lol: ).

So.. here's the kicker. I thought up the best challenge for myself back before the community nearly died, using lots of curvy bits that it's a bugger to get perfectly smooth, tiny mosaic details, and even requiring the correct real life floor measurements in-game!

The challenge is to create this in T2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj_Mahal

I failed when I did it, because I didn't have infinite peices, so couldn't do it right .. old peicelimit was just enough to finish half of the main arch including mosaic details.

You guys have infinite peices now however; so this could be fair game for any very talented lego fans amongst you. :D

The wikipedia link contains floor plans and photos of the details, so you could copy nearly exactly. :simma:

Anyone willing to rise to the challenge? :cool:
  • 300px-Taj_Mahal_in_March_2004.jpg

Comments

• I've already got a project on my hands: A HUGE temple which will be a memorial to Con, built in Con.

Count me out
  • That would be neat to do, would certainly take some time.

Another thing that would be interesting to do sometime if we could get enough people involved is have everyone select a building to make off of UNESCO's world heritage list, and display them in a gallery on the front page.
  • You guys have infinite peices now
    No, not really. You're looking at a realistic upper limit of 30,000 or so.
  • Do we have to?
  • Well 30,000 is a lot closer to infinite than the puny limit we had to contend with before :D

No Zax, you don't have to, but if you manage it, how awesome would you be? :lol:
  • Umm, just as crap as i am now? :lol:
  • Umm, just as crap as i am now? :lol:
    Same goes for me. Creativity doesn't come naturally for me when it comes to building.
  • I usually build ships, and I have a project for now, but it would be cool if somebody made that
  • I could try, I don't think it will be very good or accurate if I did though.
  • Same goes for me. Creativity doesn't come naturally for me when it comes to building.
    Not creativity...
    in terms of awesomeness
  • I got lack of Crativity and my talents are what they are...
  • Pessimists! :lol:
  • Pessimists? Naw. You said "pro builder challenge." Honestly, I think you've only got a wide range of well-established and new builders who posted in this thread (with the exception of yourself, Krash, and Naosyth). I don't think anyone below Pro builder would even think about doing something like this.

However... all the new and well-established builders could band up to see if we can make something decent...

Edit: Oh, and don't ask what your building level is. Only you can determine your own building level. :p
  • Can i be creative and put a curry bar in mine?
  • Can i be creative and put a curry bar in mine?

OOOH OOOH ME TOO ME TOOO!!!!
  • Curry in a tomb? Might be a health code violation. :p
  • They will never find it... muahaha.... but if they do... they wont live to tell about it..
  • Sorry Eizzy, but =pirate is occupied with Pirate I project atm.
  • The taj mahal is a tomb?
    are we makin the taj mahal or a pyramid variation?
  • All the non-pro's should band together to make this. We'll have to settle for less-detailed, though.
  • If I try how many people will quit?