Anybody and everybody who knows lots about tribes 2 and/or computers read this!!!

My tribes 2 game is not running properly, I know i have activex8 installed and my computer has enough RAM to run tribes 2 anyone have any ideas on what stops me from running tribes 2? Whenever I try to run T2 it says: unhandled exception: c000000 5
at address: 00000000

Please HELP!!!

i miss the construct and i have been playing construction lan servers at my school
because the school network does not allow me to play tribes 2 classic only online.

sincerely,
`You're friendly neighborhood Bandit

Comments

• Make sure all of your drivers are up-to-date.
  • Well lets see. Are you running on a Vista Operating System? IF yes, then theres your problem.
  • DX gets tribes 2 to work on Vista. All he needed to do was update his drivers.
  • I run it on Vista Ultimate too.
  • First thing you'll want to do if it's crashing on startup is see if disabling the intro movie helps. To do this, open up prefs/ClientPrefs.cs in notepad or your favourite text editor and add the following line to the bottom of the file:
    $pref::SkipIntro = 1;

As they've mentioned, update your drivers. If you haven't updated your video card drivers, you're likely still on the default windows display drivers.
    If you have an AMD/ATI card:
    http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

If you have an nVidia card:
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If you're unsure, click on your start menu, click run, type "dxdiag" and hit OK. Wait for it to load and then click "Save All Information" to save the results to a file, then upload that file here.

The game does only need directx 8, but if your video card supports it I'd recommend updating to the latest version of directx 9.

By the way: Tribes 2 does run fine on Vista as long as your drivers are up-to-date from the manufacturer's website.
  • Hmmm. I'm pretty sure that's a video card error...you may need to set your display settings to 16 or 32 bit display, I'm not sure which, but I recall the error, I had it when I first had tribes. Give us an exact discription of how it crashes if these tips don't work.
  • Well lets see. Are you running on a Vista Operating System? IF yes, then theres your problem.

Lol... So true.