ACCM Dogfights

A new video series in development by myself from various dogfights from the reign of Advanced Combat Construction Mod. Here is the trailer:

• ACCM_Eagle-HD.png

Comments

• A new video series in development by myself from various dogfights from the reign of Advanced Combat Construction Mod. Here is the trailer:

I think I sent you my side of the recording for that.

And you can see in me in heavy armor at 0:12. :lol:
  • Send me the recording, I never got it.
  • Send me the recording, I never got it.

I don't have it now, I thought you got it. :confused:
  • All the people who are in that video are all inept at piloting compared to Blnukem.
  • Good video but who exactly were piloting those Aircraft? (The ones getting shot)
  • I should get on when i get back and have a boss dogfight with him, with me in my new air superiority fighter :)

LRAAMS for the win! (long range anti aircraft missile system) they lock on after launch so you dont need a lock, just a little bit of a lead.
  • Good video but who exactly were piloting those Aircraft? (The ones getting shot)

It says the names of the pilots being shot right before each clip. And I am the one shooting everyone, in case you didn't already know that.
    All the people who are in that video are all inept at piloting compared to Blnukem.

Everyone is inept at piloting compared to me, except maybe Dondelium.
  • enjoys air superiority fighter.

loadout:
    1: 1x heavy auto tracking forward cannon (I need to make it aim better)
    2: 6x interceptor class sidewinders
    3: 4x LRAAMS

yes, do except me from that, or ill show you what inept means

Actually im debating on the auto tracking on the gun. Its good, when your target flys straight, otherwise it tends to miss when the targets turning, which in a player on player dogfight dosent happen much. Which means it would almost be better not added in... -_-.

The sidewinders, are well sidewinders. Typical close range missile systems, good when theres multiple planes, friend and foe, but only useful at oppritune moments.

The LRAAMS initial testing has proven extremely proficient in combat, when used properly. They have a high speed and their "after launch" tracking ability make them extremely useful on targets in the distance. Though due to their high acceleration and room requiring tracking computers they only hold enough fuel for about 10 seconds of flight, which makes them only truely useful as a 1 pass weapon, meaning their not very effective in at close range, because their not likely to "come about" on their target.
  • Everyone is inept at piloting compared to me, except maybe Dondelium.
    Alviss, CMDRBOB, FalconBlade? Orly?
  • Alviss, CMDRBOB, FalconBlade? Orly?

Alviss isn't much of a challenge, I have easily outmaneuvered him before. CMDRBOB normally uses the Whitehorse, and there isn't any skill in that as it is a flying missile platform with flares that's easily pwnd with chainguns, and I never fought FalconBlade or even seen him fly a fighter, so I can't judge him. To be honest, I've never fought Dond either. But I have seen his skills to maneuver out of tough situations then pwn the enemy, and they are almost identical to mine. So my only true challenge would be Dond, since we are at the same level of piloting.
  • Yay... Double Post...
    air superiority fighter.

loadout:
    1: 1x heavy auto tracking forward cannon (I need to make it aim better)
    2: 6x interceptor class sidewinders
    3: 4x LRAAMS

Actually im debating on the auto tracking on the gun. Its good, when your target flys straight, otherwise it tends to miss when the targets turning, which in a player on player dogfight dosent happen much. Which means it would almost be better not added in... -_-.

The sidewinders, are well sidewinders. Typical close range missile systems, good when theres multiple planes, friend and foe, but only useful at oppritune moments.

The LRAAMS initial testing has proven extremely proficient in combat, when used properly. They have a high speed and their "after launch" tracking ability make them extremely useful on targets in the distance. Though due to their high acceleration and room requiring tracking computers they only hold enough fuel for about 10 seconds of flight, which makes them only truely useful as a 1 pass weapon, meaning their not very effective in at close range, because their not likely to "come about" on their target.

I would hope something like that would be strictly limited per team..

To be honest... I think you should leave the auto-targeting gun out. I for one NEVER fly straight when in a dogfight... Unless if I know the person chasing me can't shoot at a mountain without missing. *cough* Zaxxman *cough* And sure it's more realistic, it's just not as fun. Now if you added the idea to something like a gunship, it would be sexy. Maybe if you added it to something like the transport chopper? But that's just what I would do.
  • well ive been field testing it on drones, not people, due to the fact my connection is shit balls.

The auto tracking has come in useful when doing hit and run strikes on enemy figher squadrons. Usually flying in, and then blindly launching LRAAMS into the general direction of them, hoping for the best, and then taking out one or 2 with side winders and a quick cannon strafe. Afterward I utilize the super sonic speed of its thruster to haul ass before they can come about on me.

over powered, possible, but maybe a human pilot would be able to adapt better to the attack style :) only one way to find out.

oh BTW Falcon blade bests me on a frequent occasion, when we duel, so yea you have 2.
  • well ive been field testing it on drones, not people, due to the fact my connection is shit balls.

The auto tracking has come in useful when doing hit and run strikes on enemy figher squadrons. Usually flying in, and then blindly launching LRAAMS into the general direction of them, hoping for the best, and then taking out one or 2 with side winders and a quick cannon strafe. Afterward I utilize the super sonic speed of its thruster to haul ass before they can come about on me.

over powered, possible, but maybe a human pilot would be able to adapt better to the attack style :) only one way to find out.

oh BTW Falcon blade bests me on a frequent occasion, when we duel, so yea you have 2.

Sound perfect for, as you said, hit and run strikes. Since it just sounds so uber, keep the auto-tracking guns. But tight restrictions on it are something to keep in mind.
  • Oh theres tight restrictions, First off you have to have a lock onto the target, meaning you need to be within 800 meters of the target. Also it need to be rather close to the targets correct aiming path anyway. Meaning you still need to lead the target, but it will just aim it for you.

Though i think im getting rid of it. At least temporarily, it dosent do a particularly good job in a real combat scenario.