Absinthes

Good day,

Most of you know what "Absinthes" are. I'm trying (once again) to recreate them. First though, I need to know how to mount a particle emitter to an object.

I know that most of you will say "go look at _____ code". However, I've looked time and time again, but I always seem to fail in getting it just right.

Thanks ahead of time!

~Syn~

Comments

• Good day,

Most of you know what "Absinthes" are. I'm trying (once again) to recreate them. First though, I need to know how to mount a particle emitter to an object.

I know that most of you will say "go look at _____ code". However, I've looked time and time again, but I always seem to fail in getting it just right.

Thanks ahead of time!

~Syn~

Go look at the particle emitter code. :p
  • But if you still don't find it, here is an example from my Purge Shield Generator.
    function DeployedShield::onGainPowerEnabled(%data,%obj) {
       Parent::onGainPowerEnabled(%data,%obj);

if (!IsObject(%obj.shield))
       %obj.shield = createemitter(%obj.getposition(),ShieldBarrierSM,"0 0 0 0");
       if (!IsObject(%obj.emission))
       %obj.emission = createemitter(%obj.getposition(),ShieldEmission,"0 0 0 0");
    }

• Thanks Nukem, I'm working diligently. Trying to sort out what I do and don't need from the emitter code. After that, I'll need to figure out how to make an invisible object.

~Syn~
  • First off, do you understand anything about sinusoidal waveforms?
  • Emp, Thyth has explained to me what he used for his absinthes' movement. No, I don't understand any of it. Right now, I'm only worried about getting the particles attached to the object and the object spawned.

~Syn~