I'm seriously mad now...

Some of you may remember when I was complainig about me not having reticules anymore on ACCM. Well my problem has spread from ACCM to my favorite mod Triumph. I have lost all my reticules for all weapons EXECPT the normal tribes weapons(shocklance, missle launcher, spinfusor, ect). This is seriouly pissing me off. I hate blind firing Its bull please give me ideas :mad:

Comments

• Some of you may remember when I was complainig about me not having reticules anymore on ACCM. Well my problem has spread from ACCM to my favorite mod Triumph. I have lost all my reticules for all weapons EXECPT the normal tribes weapons(shocklance, missle launcher, spinfusor, ect). This is seriouly pissing me off. I hate blind firing Its bull please give me ideas :mad:

ACCM shouldn't affect it.
  • if you have a custom hud, break it, most custom weaponry working with a custom hud do not show rets, i had to do this problem too, remove all components from that hud untill youve got the original one back, it should be fine after that, and other rets should show
  • I never said ACCM did, I just said that that's where my problems started.
  • ACCM shouldn't affect it.

the one i had didnt interface with accm that nicely, ive since reason to believe that other huds dont either, which is why im very adamant in keeping my hud default
  • note that my last post doesnt really just apply to accm, its in every single mod with custom type weapons
  • nope no custom H.U.D's THIS SUCKS SOOOOOOO BAD!!!!
  • ..... BALLS then i suggest a reinstall, back up everything you want to keep first though, thats a mistake i made :eek:
  • I did down load a ret pack but i don't know where I put it so it works the url is

http://www.tribaloutpost.com/tribes2/styles/category/reticles

if that has any thing to do with it.
  • how do you keep posting ahead of me?
  • i use mah ubar 1337 typing-ness to reply real fast XD btw, the rets tend to be extracted in textures/gui as far as i know =/ though i could be wrong, some vl2's have readme's in them so you could find out if you unzipped it...
  • ok i tried the gui foler no dice no what?
  • as i said, change the .vl2 to .zip see if there is a .txt file that tells you where they go

other than that, i am unsure how to fix it... damn... wheres krash when your in need of him... i guess it what he gets for being known around here as an uber :P
  • Get a marker and make a dot on the center of your screen
  • Get a marker and make a dot on the center of your screen

I was gonna suggest duct tape.

But your idea is even better.
  • Do you play through a mod or through classic mode? If you play through a mod, try playing through classic in stead, or a different mod.
    I've had the same problem and this was the solution for me.
  • i did itbut its at the wrong spot litle up/rightish ummm yea how do i get it off?
  • i play through classic i cant play through normal

i was thinking about putting reticules in classic floder but *gaspies* its gone
  • Files distributed in VL2 archives are meant to stay in the VL2 archives and stored in the root base directory or the mod directory you want them to take precedence in. If you have accidentally (or otherwise) saved the file as a ZIP, you should be trying to get it back to VL2 format. If absolutely necessary, the files can be extracted into those directories as long as the structure is kept in-tact.