[*] TribesNext Beta Release

Comments

• I UE when I I try to finish account creation. :(

Perhaps the hat wants you to go to Slytherin.

:( same
  • i created my account yesterday, and now i cant log in with the same password...
  • Well, I loaded T2 for the first time in 7 months and didn't find anyone on :(

I'm disappointed.

- Vazo
  • If you can't log in, you should download the latest version of the patch. If you're getting a UE creating an account, you should try patching a fresh install, and if that doesn't work, hop on IRC.

Vazo... :rolleyes:
    TX went offline so most of the construction guys who were on dropped into the offroad mpb or md2 server. Not to mention the patch barely just come out, and very few people know about it yet.
  • Well, I loaded T2 for the first time in 7 months and didn't find anyone on :(

I'm disappointed.

- Vazo
    Well, the patch was released about a day ago, we should get an increasing number of players over time.
  • If you're getting a UE creating an account, you should try patching a fresh install, and if that doesn't work, hop on IRC.
    Yeah that is what I was going to try and do when it finished downloading. I will let you know how it goes.
    TX went offline so most of the construction guys who were on dropped into the offroad mpb or md2 server.

Yay md2 ^-^

*Edit*

It works now :lol:
  • Yay! More people are playing! XD
  • The response has been overwhelming. I've done a quick and dirty plot of the number of accounts over time, and it looks like we're only hitting the tip of the iceberg, in terms of player registrations.

I'm getting roughly one new account every 2 minutes on the server.

X axis is in Unix Epoch timestamp (milliseconds).

Edit: The amount of time (in more human terms) between the major slices on the X axis is 13 hours, 53 minutes, and 20 seconds. When I make a prettier graph, I'll try to make the timescale more human readable.
    • pvt_plot.png
  • it seems your work here is done thyth, and in the process you've become a legend, as has krash who made the gui's (if im right), gratz
  • The response has been overwhelming. I've done a quick and dirty plot of the number of accounts over time, and it looks like we're only hitting the tip of the iceberg, in terms of player registrations.

I'm getting roughly one new account every 2 minutes on the server.

X axis is in Unix Epoch timestamp (milliseconds).

Edit: The amount of time (in more human terms) between the major slices on the X axis is 13 hours, 53 minutes, and 20 seconds. When I make a prettier graph, I'll try to make the timescale more human readable.

Very Nice. We'll hit probably hit thousands within a few more days, but how many of those accounts do you think are made by different people? Is there anything stopping people from just creating as many accounts as they please? I remember hearing something about only being able to create one per day or something... Nevertheless, this is still quite good. I think if we could get some more advertising done (maybe even on popular forums or something) those numbers could surpass the T2 population of a few years ago when we still had the original master servers. Now that people don't have to deal with the corporate mess, the game would probably seem more inviting to many others.
  • Could do a count to see how many X.Y.*.* matches there are among all the IPs. Pretend that any two accounts with the same X and Y are the same person. It'll obviously be a really low-ball number, but if it's still like 600 or so than that is a definite 600 different people, which is damn impressive.
  • 600 users in 16 hours?

That's fucking amazing.

Who the FUCK said T2 was dead.. AHA
  • 600 users in 16 hours?

That's fucking amazing.

Who the FUCK said T2 was dead.. AHA

o_o...
  • /me spasms
  • yaga.

when will all the voices+other add ons be compatable with tribesnext?
  • i created my account yesterday, and now i cant log in with the same password...

That still wasn't answered... Well, I do have the latest patch anyways.

Tried the same password i used to create my account with twelve different times, and decided to make a new account, however, I get this error upon completing step 3, "The server understood your request, but chose not to fulfill it" or something....
  • About you not being able to log in, I don't know whats wrong, and you can only make one account per week per IP address.
  • "The server understood your request, but chose not to fulfill it" or something....
    Thats the One account per week message. :P
    Go try to do it on a diffrent network.
  • when will comunity thingy be back up?
  • Yes Ment it seems you need the microTCMS, now i'm seeing all the servers again. In addition to that I installed the lobbytab and debriefstartup. However I still cannot connect to any Construction Server at all, no error no loading just nothing.

wow... you solved your own issue? holy hell, i like how somehow you dont know then suddenly do! that in-fecking-credible!!! :eek:
  • Poop just reinstalled T2 on me new PC (one with a mouse!!!1!!11!11!!!one!!1) and was like "ZOMG!!1 Tribes Next is out! w000t!" And the server is down :( Can't make a damn account! I want my money back!!! ...oh, wait..
  • Poop just reinstalled T2 on me new PC (one with a mouse!!!1!!11!11!!!one!!1) and was like "ZOMG!!1 Tribes Next is out! w000t!" And the server is down :( Can't make a damn account! I want my money back!!! ...oh, wait..

congrats on PC

should I rip T2 to ps3?
    bluray disks have plenty of space for an emu;its possible to get keyboard and mouse for Ps3 yes? also if disk doesnt work, I could package in an eboot.pbp file on Ps3's memory.
  • That could be fun. Not a great deal of point unless you're planning on playing it through a big screen or have a shit computer.
  • OK so I've installed the patch and made an account but I can't see any servers. What am I doing wrong? I've tried deleting the TCMS.vl2 file and that didn't do anything either. Any ideas?

EDIT: Turned out AVG didn't like Tribes2. Works now :)
  • congrats on PC

should I rip T2 to ps3?
    bluray disks have plenty of space for an emu;its possible to get keyboard and mouse for Ps3 yes? also if disk doesnt work, I could package in an eboot.pbp file on Ps3's memory.

interesting idea, but atm, you'd need Ubuntu for the ps3 and that is a bitch to install corectly (if you didnt know Ubuntu is linux so i think you will get some of the issues that are listed on the patch atm)
  • interesting idea, but atm, you'd need Ubuntu for the ps3 and that is a bitch to install corectly (if you didnt know Ubuntu is linux so i think you will get some of the issues that are listed on the patch atm)
    :wave:

T2 works OK on an XBOX (you can buy ripped versions from ebay), but some of the maps are dodgy.
    so far, most settings have been disabled, theres really no point of changing them on bluray.
    also, ive added a skin mod; this enables you to save player skins onto the memory card and load them normally. :o

ETA for completion: next year. :cool:

how the f*** am i going to deliver this to you guys??? :confused:
  • I don't have a PS3.
  • Hoorah for PlayStation. No XBox fanboys, please.