Ue

I had to wipe my hard drive recently. I needed to reinstall T2. When I installed from Tribes2_GSI.exe on [url]Http://www.rawr32.net[/url], it seemed to work fine. But when I try running Tribes 2, it seems to launch into full screen then UE's. No actual Tribes 2 window. Just that little UE Window. I tried running it in compatibility mode, "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)". That didn't work though. I also tried running it as an admin program too. :(

Info:
Unhandled exception: c0000005
At Address: 000000
Executable used: Tribes2.exe
Mod: None
Operating System = Windows Vista
DirectX Installed = True
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.10 GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 430 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
Memory(RAM): 1982 MB
Compatibility Mode: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Run Program As Administrator: True

If more info is needed, just ask me.

Comments

• that happened to my friend when the got windows vista. but then he put a CD in which he said had "something to do with the graphics", although he might have been wrong. As soon as he ran the CD tribes2 and alot of other games that didnt work previously worked.

even if you didnt get a CD when you got your computer, mabey when you wiped the disk whatever was on your computer to make it work is not there.
  • Strange, my computer didn't wipe fully. All custom stuff for Tribes 2 is still here. I'll try deleting Dynamix/ and reinstalling.

Edit:
    Nope, even a fresh copy UE's. Even the dedicated launcher isn't working right. Infinite Spawn had 27 restarts in less than 2 minutes. :D
  • I ran defence turret to see if I can run on that. But no luck. I ran it as administrator, and got this error. :D
    =========================================================
    Tribes2 - DefenseTurret Exception Parachute
    Date : Sat Jun 07 06:30:39 2008
    Unknown exception ocurred...
    Registers:
    EAX:0030002E
    EBX:00310066
    ECX:0036005F
    EDX:00660064
    ESI:00630063
    EDI:00340034
    CS:EIP:12FF40:00300030
    SS:ESP:122DDC:00380033 EBP:0036002E
    DS:310034 ES:360062 FS:350039 GS:350036
    Flags:00130000
    Failed On IMAGEHLP:SymInitialize
    IMAGEHLP:SymInitialize returned error : 57
    Call stack:
    Address Frame Logical addr Module
    00300030 0036002E 0000:00000000
    No IMAGEHLP.DLL. Symbol trace not done.
  • that happened to my friend when the got windows vista. but then he put a CD in which he said had "something to do with the graphics", although he might have been wrong. As soon as he ran the CD tribes2 and alot of other games that didnt work previously worked.

even if you didnt get a CD when you got your computer, mabey when you wiped the disk whatever was on your computer to make it work is not there.

Could be. Windows Vista keeps bothering me about updates anyway. x_X
  • Try disabling the intro.
  • Try disabling the intro.

That didn't work either.
  • Tribes 2 crashes on startup, but the demo of the Torque Game Engine works fine. :(
  • Tribes 2 crashes on startup, but the demo of the Torque Game Engine works fine. :(

They're not the same.

When you reinstalled, did you re-add your client side scripts? If so, remove them and then try to start the game.
  • They're not the same.

When you reinstalled, did you re-add your client side scripts? If so, remove them and then try to start the game.

I know they're not the same. I'm just saying they're both Torque. The demo works fine. And yes, I did remove all addons. (I.E: FRESH Copy). If Tribes 2 died on me, I could try to make a "Tribes 2" client for the Torque Demo. I just need a server IP to see if I can even connect to a Tribes 2 server.

Edit
    I really doubt that would work though. :D
    Even with the shapes, interiors, and textures in place, I don't think I can stay in a server too long.
  • Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date from the nvidia website. The default Vista drivers will not run the game.
  • I warned you not to replace those .dll's. =-P
  • I warned you not to replace those .dll's. =-P

It's not the DLL's.
  • I was being sarcastic. =-p
  • Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date from the nvidia website. The default Vista drivers will not run the game.

I see. Wiping the hard drive wiped out NVidia's drivers. :D
  • could the CD i mentioned fix that?
  • Thanks Krash, T2 now works. :D

Edit:
    Well, sorta. Tribes 2 won't work in windowed mode. :mad:
  • Help with fullscreen problem?
  • Have you tried opening up prefs/clientPrefs.cs and setting:
    $pref::Video::fullScreen = "0";
    $pref::Video::resolution = "1152 864 32";

You may need to disable visual themes on the executable and set it in compatibility mode if you haven't already. What exactly is the error you get?
  • Have you tried opening up prefs/clientPrefs.cs and setting:
    $pref::Video::fullScreen = "0";
    $pref::Video::resolution = "1152 864 32";

...Nevermind, I had to uncheck "Run In 640X280". It just looks quite weird though.

Edit:
    I toyed with settings < resolution for a bit, and I got it to be more "comfortable", but it still doesn't look right. :D
    • T2Stretch.jpg
    • ListingStretch.jpg
  • Looks fine to me.
  • Looks fine to me.

I'm just used to it almost taking up the whole screen. Not stretching across the screen.
  • Can't you set it to 800 x 600?
  • Can't you set it to 800 x 600?

It's already there. It's a box in the center of the screen.
  • Can you go any lower?
  • Can you go any lower?

640X480 is full screen for me. :D
  • Do you keep your Windows Resolution low?
  • Do you keep your Windows Resolution low?

Actually, my windows resolution is 1024X768 pixels.
  • Oh well. :D

Deal with it, son. :p
  • Oh well. :D

Deal with it, son. :p

Meh, I'll get used to it. Eventually.
This discussion has been closed.