Strange

In my patchpack, I made a script for the command circuit. It checks if you can use the command circuit without UE'ing by checking if the terrain exists. But this scares me. If I call the function that checks for the terrain manually, it works fine. But if I use the key it's bound to, it gives me that error I set for when the terrain doesn't exist. I don't see why it's doing this... :(

Comments

• I'll take a look...

Why don't you just overwrite the old bind, instead of make a new one?
  • I'll take a look...

Why don't you just overwrite the old bind, instead of make a new one?

I tried modding ToggleCommanderMap(%val), it broke when I tried, so I made a new bind.
  • Hint: if(%val) %ID = :)
  • Hint: if(%val) %ID = :)

Hint: That's what I did?
  • You bet. %ID will equal 0 if %val equals 0. %val equals zero when you try to turn the commander map off (in your bind). So, with %ID being 0, it will certainly fail your check.
  • You bet. %ID will equal 0 if %val equals 0. %val equals zero when you try to turn the commander map off (in your bind). So, with %ID being 0, it will certainly fail your check.

%val has nothing to do with %ID. %ID is the ID of the terrain..
  • %val has nothing to do with %ID. %ID is the ID of the terrain..
    It has everything to do with %ID. That's what I was trying to point out to you.
  • It has everything to do with %ID. That's what I was trying to point out to you.

...I truly feel like a dumbass.
  • Don't worry about it, anybody could've made that mistake, and you'd be surprised how many people actually have. ;)
  • Don't worry about it, anybody could've made that mistake, and you'd be surprised how many people actually have. ;)
    You bet. I make mistakes like that all the time.
  • ORDER OF THE HAMMER? What is that?

Anyway, I fixed it. I think.
  • ORDER OF THE HAMMER? What is that?
    Going off-topic before we're finished with one is a bit annoying. But, I think it's for people who have donated money to The-Construct.
  • Nah, it's the clan of poeple that wield teh ban hammers. =o
This discussion has been closed.