Flyable Ships and Other Fun Things

So, I was bored today and started mounting stuff on people, and eventually ended up making flyable ships. Tomorrow I'll be making chatcommands to do this easily (A feature of CDM).
  • NaoShip1.png
  • GravBike1.png
  • Helmet1.png
  • NaoShip2.png
  • RonShip1.png
  • RonShip2.png
  • Shoes1.png
  • Skis1.png
  • Skis2.png
  • UltraShip1.png
  • UltraShip2.png
  • UltraShip3.png
  • UltraShip4.png
  • UltraShip5.png

Comments

• Wow, That was something that i did not expected, kinda nice.
  • Someone direct me to what the hell Ultracon is. I don't honestly care about this feature, but I'd like to see what has been done to improve the builder's experience. I assume a lot has been done in regard to building if you've moved into useless, but fun, features :o
  • UltraCon is a person who hangs around the scripters of CDM.
  • UltraCon (UltraCorn) is an admin on the-construct servers. :)
  • UltraCorn
    I like corn. :rolleyes:
  • So, I was bored today and started mounting stuff on people, and eventually ended up making flyable ships. Tomorrow I'll be making chatcommands to do this easily (A feature of CDM).

You could make someone control packs too, but you can't do anything as a pack/weapon. Blnukem found this out. I saw Blnukem do this. :D
  • To foo:
    This mod is still very new, and could use some more packs and such, but I'm just adding this because it is fun, and I think many people will like it. Also, it should only take a few minutes to script it, so why not add it?
  • I agree, I was just wondering about the important stuff <3. I try to leave fun until after I've gotten the basics solid ^_^.
  • And, for you, what are the basics?
  • MPB Launchers, Developer backdoors, etc... :p
  • It's wicked fun smashing vehicles with a super grav cycle.
  • No, it's not...
  • I'm guilty of doing everything backwards all the time, too turkeh ;).
  • I thought CDM was a combat mod, but apparently it has sandbox like features.
    MPB Launchers, Developer backdoors, etc... :p

That goes without saying.
  • It is a combat mod. You just happen to be able to fight with custom vehicles.
  • So, we could make whole fleets of our own?
  • I'm not crazy... The images fell off the ship.
    • screen1.png
  • That happens to the special vehicles on The-Construct sometimes.
  • That happens when the vehicle leaves scope. There are some simple script adjustments that could correct that.

The bigger issue right now is the UE on load these vehicles cause when multiple objects are mounted to the same mountpoint.
  • Why do i keep having UE's while in Nao's serv? :confused:
  • If you look hard enough, you'll see it in the post above yours.
  • I'm trying to fix that
  • Ok, UE bug is fixed. It was related to SI and objects mounted in a certain way.
    Elec came up with how to fix it.

Next, i need to make the grab tool mount to vehicles correctly. It can be used to add to the vehicle, and possibly remove from it (If i figure out how to shoot hidden objects effectively).

Also, saving and loading of custom vehicles works.

Custom projectiles to come soon.
  • Make Owl torpedos. If you need a reference, look up Bones mod.
  • Make Owl torpedos. If you need a reference, look up Bones mod.

For you people that don't want to look, or don't know how:

Bones Mod Site
  • oh, a link, yay once more for DX