Cant connect to T2CM Master

Hey all, heard that tribes 2 was actually free but there were no CD-keys left, yet there were servers that didn't need it. Freind told me about the con mod for T2, which got me interested, specially after playing ModX on the original tribes so much.

Downloaded and installed tribes, downloaded the .vl2 file thingy and put it in base, set up the shortcut, and while it finds the server it reports 0 out of 0 players, and while it gets a ping, the request for whatever times out. If I try to join, it also bugs out. Anyone have any solutions?

Note, I also downloaded the mod, and SI just incase one of them was needed... no dice D:

Comments

• You download TCMS or microTCMS? Try re-installing the vl2, also.
  • TCMS.
    Tryed that aswell
  • Try removing any client-scripts you have that may inferfere with TCMS (such as Dreaded Script Pack, PJ's scripts, Halide's scripts, etc). If that doesn't work, remove all client scripts.
  • Uhhh, this was on a fresh install of the game o.o I have no clue what client scripts are.
  • I don't think there are any active servers running in the offline mode, so the issue isn't with the script.
  • So I would need a CD-key/account to play? If so I'm screwed :(
  • I have been working on a new system to replace the official account/listing servers. The system is being designed to be as decentralized as possible so there are no super-critical points of failure. Account creation will be centralized, but the actual login process will be decentralized.

Most of the account creation/verification system is done, but the integration with T2 has some serious stability issues (many changes are being made to the Tribes2.exe). I'm the only person working on it so, progress will be slow.

Server listing is still up in the air. I want to do it in a distributed manner, but not require any additional firewall configurations. There are some ways to do that, but implementation hasn't been started.
  • There is a solitary server running the script, and it is functioning properly as 2 or 3 people a week join it for a few minutes. However, without inviting people to hop on it, you'd be playing by yourself anyway, so you'd be just as well playing offline.

As far as the server query not going through, it could be a firewall issue.
  • K, thanks for the help guys.