Dark Dragon DX's RPG

I have put off the development for a while. But I asked Blnukem if he knows anywhere to get any custom player models, he said he knows someone that can model. He/she goes by the name of 'Velo'. Velo is going to make a custom Drake model for me (With armor & without). However, he says he can't texture nor animate it. So I don't think I can do much with it unless I can find someone to texture it and animate it.

Version: 1.2.0.1 (Major.Minor.Release.Build)

Links:
Mod DataBase Page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/tribes-2-birth-of-legend-rpg
Alternate Downloads: http://www.filefront.com/user/darkdragondx/

Old Links:
Site: http://www.birthoflegend.webs.com
IRC: [URL=irc://irc.everywherechat.com:6667/]irc://irc.everywherechat.com:6667/[/URL]
IRC Powered By EveryWhere Chat

Cleaned up -- data is now obsolete.

I am currently unable to work on the mod due to a house fire an

Comments

• Velo said he might be interested in helping with the rebirth of T2. As in, updating the models. But I would also need to find people to texture and animate the models.

Shouldn't be too hard. :p
  • I have restarted from scratch and fixed it.
    How do you get the Scripts button there? I don't Have it.
  • How do you get the Scripts button there? I don't Have it.

http://www.tribaloutpost.com/tribes2/scripts/details/157
  • 123?

It does support a ton of teams (such as seen on deathmatch/duel type mods), but the default spawn selection code may not be the best to handle the setup without some tweaking.
    If they are in their proper groups and the graph is built correctly, they should be able to select it fine as it is, but it's a pretty straightforward process if you want to have a look.
  • okay, since i asked what dddx wanted for his map, i was wandering if anyone else had ideas. The request ive got is make 3 regions (because, there are drakes bioderms and humans) with their own spawn spheres, BUT (and i hope dx doesnt mind) my idea goes a slight bit further and adds a region or more accuratly, FORMER region where all races do battle, i call it the "dead zone" but for this pretty large complex to exist, is solely up to you, do you want the interesting mixture of p+bvp+bvp+b? (player drakes and bot drakes vs human players and human bots, ect) it will be a tall order, considering im hoping to make the map about 4km+ and it has to be filled with something the reason for the map being as huge ass as it is, is because its an rpg, and some of the things dx is doing with the mod made me think, "why not a whole world perhaps?".
  • Oooh, is this mod a futuristic one? :D

I kinda like that... MAD MAX STYLE!

Also, with those ToDos, i've been working on a mmorpg type thinger, (minus the massively) thats a cross between eve and wow. I can help with any of that. :)
  • okay, since i asked what dddx wanted for his map, i was wandering if anyone else had ideas. The request ive got is make 3 regions (because, there are drakes bioderms and humans) with their own spawn spheres, BUT (and i hope dx doesnt mind) my idea goes a slight bit further and adds a region or more accuratly, FORMER region where all races do battle, i call it the "dead zone" but for this pretty large complex to exist, is solely up to you, do you want the interesting mixture of p+bvp+bvp+b? (player drakes and bot drakes vs human players and human bots, ect) it will be a tall order, considering im hoping to make the map about 4km+ and it has to be filled with something the reason for the map being as huge ass as it is, is because its an rpg, and some of the things dx is doing with the mod made me think, "why not a whole world perhaps?".

A whole world CAN be done. I just simply need to remove the messaging when you leave the mission area and "show mission area" needs to be off. :D
    Oooh, is this mod a futuristic one?

I kinda like that... MAD MAX STYLE!

Also, with those ToDos, i've been working on a mmorpg type thinger, (minus the massively) thats a cross between eve and wow. I can help with any of that.

It's just like classic with RPG attachments. But I am open for ideas.

Edit:
    More than that actually.
  • it is fine, ive no ues or other nasties yet but i guess you shouldnt, just to be safe, one issue ive noticeed is its a completely different game.... its set back to instal settings which are just about as beautiful to behold as some sort of fat naked guy swinging his pride for all the ladys to see... =/ sorry, perhaps its not as bad as that, but its damn well close
  • of fat naked guy swinging his pride for all the ladys to see...

What...the....hell?
  • does anyone have any modified map editor that makes it a slight bit easyer to make maps from? if so you wouldnt mind i had it would you? ill give creditzors in the gui image =]
  • Having a bit of trouble trying to get it to work.

couldnt it just activate a command? so when you select it it summons whatever or who ever you choose to summon by macro sort of thing?
  • A whole world CAN be done. I just simply need to remove the messaging when you leave the mission area and "show mission area" needs to be off. :D
    considering it loops maps over and over it would be a nightmare to get done properly, i got to acctually find a way of just expanding the boundrys to a 4000m by 4000m size
  • rawr, quad post, sorry =/
  • considering it loops maps over and over it would be a nightmare to get done properly, i got to acctually find a way of just expanding the boundrys to a 4000m by 4000m size
    It is not a loop.
    function RPGGame::enterMissionArea(%game, %playerData, %player){}

function RPGGame::leaveMissionArea(%game, %playerData, %player){}

In RPGGame.cs and that's it.
  • And it's 11:11 PM here.

I updated my To-Do list TXT.
    --November 20, 2008--
    1.) Implement a way for people to trade with each other.
    2.) Get the new flyer's skin to work.
    3.) Implement a money system.
    4.) Fix up the purchasing of variable objects.
    5.) Implement a way to buy land.
    6.) Make a loadscreen.
    7.) Acquire a mapper.
    8.) Find someone to re-do the account creation GUI.
    9.) Get the Drake AI to function properly.
    10.) Think of a cool name for the mod.
    11.) Package the 3 for's in server.cs on line 1092 to line 1107 into one for:
    %h = $Map::Humans;
    %b = $Map::Bioderms;
    %d = $Map::-D-rakes;
    %n = $Map::NPCs;
    for (%i = 0; %i < %h; %i++)
    {
    aiconnectbyname(0,1);
    }
    for (%i = 0; %i < %b; %i++)
    {
    aiconnectbyname(1,1);
    }
    for (%i = 0; %i < %d; %i++)
    {
    aiconnectbyname(2,1);
    }

The "D" in Drakes is only in between -'s because it showed as :D .
    • test.jpg
  • I made a loadscreen, sorta.
    • load.jpg
  • lemme do the land buying thing. >:|
  • lemme do the land buying thing. >:|

Sure. :cool:

And I did a new test map. The spawn spheres work perfectly, however, the AI graph does not.
  • My To-Do slightly changed today.
    --November 21, 2008--
    1.) Implement a way for people to trade with each other.
    2.) Get the new flyer's skin to work. (E-Mailed one of the WIGO mod devs to use of their models)
    3.) Implement a money system.
    4.) Fix up the purchasing of variable objects.
    5.) Implement a way to buy land. (EmperorsChamp is handling this)
    6.) Make a loadscreen. (Uhhh..)
    7.) Acquire a mapper.
    8.) Find someone to re-do the account creation GUI.
    10.) Think of a cool name for the mod. - In Progress
    11.) Allow the fire from the Draakan flame breath to spread. (I.E: Someone that's on fire touches someone that isn't, the person that isn't on fire ignites)
    12.) Package the 3 for's in server.cs on line 1092 to line 1107 into one for:
    %h = $Map::Humans;
    %b = $Map::Bioderms;
    %d = $Map::-D-rakes;
    %n = $Map::NPCs;
    for (%i = 0; %i < %h; %i++)
    {
    aiconnectbyname(0,1);
    }
    for (%i = 0; %i < %b; %i++)
    {
    aiconnectbyname(1,1);
    }
    for (%i = 0; %i < %d; %i++)
    {
    aiconnectbyname(2,1);
    }
  • ai graphs are for chumps. make dynamic ai.
  • ai graphs are for chumps. make dynamic ai.

I'm trying to use T2's default AI because they follow orders fairly well, and I'm not too sure how to make my own AI that does the same.
  • Shazbot! I tried starting on interior purchasing and it didn't work so well..
    Aside from that, I have decided to write my own AI for the bots..
    • lol.jpg
    lol.jpg 91.7K
  • dddx do you have a coding referance for t2's script engine?
    id like to learn how to code, and i think my dad would also be interested if i showed it to him
    =]
  • dddx do you have a coding referance for t2's script engine?
    id like to learn how to code, and i think my dad would also be interested if i showed it to him
    =]

http://absolous.no-ip.com/files/T2ScriptFunctionList.txt

And you can't really make your own games from it, unless you own and compiled the TGE engine.
  • I'm been trying to upgrade the AI lately with a new system. The system figures out what player poses the biggest threat from the max armor he/she has and the damage level. This is figured out by subtracting the damage level from the max armor.
    function AIEngageTask::monitor(%task, %client)
    {
    if (%client.tobj !$="" && %client.tobj.getstate() !$="dead") //I'm already fighting someone..
    return;

if ( %client.tobj !$="" && %client.tobj.getstate() $="dead") //My current target is dead, I need a new one
    %client.tobj = "";

//We're building a group of possible targets.
    %rounds = 0;
    InitContainerRadiusSearch(%client.player.getPosition(),$Host::AI::ViewDistance,$TypeMasks::PlayerObjectType);
    while ((%Target = ContainerSearchNext()) != 0)
    {
    if (%target != %client.player && %target.getstate() !$="dead" && %target.team != %client.player.team)
    {
    %target[%rounds] = %target; //Ok, time to build the threat score for this player.
    %threat[%rounds] = %target.calculatethreatlevel();
    %rounds++;
    }
    }

//The threat array has been built, time to build the threat matrix that will be used to figure out the biggest threat

%m1 = "";
    %m2 = "";
    for (%i = 0; %i < %rounds; %i++)
    {
    %m1 = %m1 SPC %target[%i];
    %m2 = %m2 SPC %threat[%i];
    }
    echo(%m1);
    echo(%m2);

}

function player::calculatethreatlevel(%this)
    {
    %dmg = %this.getdamagelevel();
    %arm = %this.getdatablock().maxdamage;
    return %arm - %dmg;
    }

The echo's are only there for development purposes.
  • --November 21, 2008--
    6.) Make a loadscreen. (Uhhh..)
    7.) Acquire a mapper.
    10.) Think of a cool name for the mod. - In Progress

/me looks around for Blnukem to do these.

Shit... WHERE IS HE?!?!
    That bastard...
  • --Update--
    Velo's friend has made a concept sketch of the Drake (With Armor).

a75d4c6856578e6b1ffc0d23b2a1aaa45g.jpg

Note:
    Velo says it's quite cartoony, but he'll try to phase it out when modelling. However, it'll be awhile before he actually starts on the model.

Lol... I just noticed this...
  • :rolleyes:

GO LIZARD GO LIZARD GO!!
This discussion has been closed.