revolution?

do you think its possible to make a construction game from this? i know we are not a corperation but if youve bought crysis you get the sandbox2 editor, it would require a total conversion mod, but that would be about all, then its a matter of how to impliment a stable enough environment to build in/on

Comments

• Maybe, but I doubt it. Engines like just can't do construction.
  • That looks badass! I love the water physics. :D
  • Maybe, but I doubt it. Engines like just can't do construction.
    dont be too sure, ground frames could be dug in and such, so surely it would be possible if the engine was told its being constrianed properly and in a non ragdoll/damaged fasion, which can be done since you can do seperate mission scripting in cryengine2
  • dont be too sure, ground frames could be dug in and such, so surely it would be possible if the engine was told its being constrianed properly and in a non ragdoll/damaged fasion, which can be done since you can do seperate mission scripting in cryengine2

Sure it is. Just need a simple ray-cast deployment script & some kind of script that holds our pieces in place. Or simply mod the engine to do all that.
  • oh btw i remember what the scripting is its flow graphing which anyone can just about do effortlessly, but i might recommend some basic knoweledge in c + + to understand the extent of what you are doing
  • *bumpness* XD
  • *bumpness* XD

I don't think we're going to be use this engine, even if a construction collective will be made.