Metallic No Worky :(

So, I can join the existing servers just fine. No problem there. However, I want to dick around on my LAN server, or host my own with a password.

Now I've got it downloaded and use the links to launch (or just add -mod construction, whatever). I see 'Construction' and pick a map (let's say Flatland for old time's sake) and launch.

I get in-game just fine. Only it's not constructionmod. It's base. What gives?

Also, when I try to host Flatdash, it just instantly UEs.

Comments

• Did you use one of the included .DSO removers?
  • Yes, removing DSOs should fix that problem right up. Do keep in mind though that the version of the mod on the site is from 2004, so... it's a bit behind the times.

Maybe it's finally time to try to get a release together...
  • You should think about finding a way to make a clientside-building manager possible as well.
    That would be almost as great as SI.
  • =O a building manager thats compatible with all mods
    now THATS SI quality!
  • =O a building manager thats compatible with all mods
    now THATS SI quality!
    esSeye!
    idk. :)
  • Dur, forgot about the .dso's.

At any rate, the game crashes, constantly, when I try to host my own. And I found out why.

Turns out the mod is stupidly incompatible with 90% of scripts. Why you would make a mod that doesn't even run with half of PanamaJack's scripts is beyond me.
  • You have to think that PJ probably made them without construction in mind.

Yeah well they work fine with normal ConMod. In fact I only had to remove one script to get vanilla to run. I attempted to do it one-at-a-time to figure out the violating script with Metallic and it turns out it's at least six or seven. Too many to be worth my effort.
  • uranium - 235 .. like THE uranium - 235 .. or the one without the space?
  • Yeah I thought that name sounded very familier. I'm sure I remember you from back in the MPM days...

more than likely, I never saw him playing cons. back in the old days.