Was it worth it?

Alright, I was talking to Zephyr Zen on the TX server tonight about computer stuff.
He said he has a $1,500 gaming PC. After hearing that, I recalled that he recently bought a X-BOX 360. To me, this is a waste of money since any gaming PC can pretty much kick the 360's ass. (My 2005 HP Pavilion before the upgrades can perform with a better FPS and higher settings on Fallout 3 and GTA IV)
I then asked him why he bought his X-BOX Elite system pack which costs around $500, correct?). His reply was "So I can play Halo 3". This is why I am starting a quick poll. Was it worth paying $500 for a X-BOX (which is worse than his gaming PC) just to play Halo 3?

Comments

• It was worth it because of a Game called Fable 2 And now i have my Xbox360 i'am going to buy a New 1080P LCD computer monitor with HDMI interface proberly going to cost $350 *starts saving *
  • And this is my Xbox360 package

Elite - Black Console

HDD - 120Gb

2 Wireless Black controlers

2 Black plug and play kits So 2 rechargeable Batterys

3 Games Halo 3 + Fable 2 + Assassins creed

I hate assassins creed
    Total cost $742 Way better then the old Pro VIP Console package
  • You do realize you can buy the best processor, motherboard, and RAM with a 1 TB HDD and and a good graphics card on newegg.com for ~750, right?
    You have ripped yourself off by buying that 360.
  • I disagree, I have a gaming computer and a 360. Sometimes it is more fun (and convenient) to just hop on the 360 and not worry about drivers, bugs, and other things that come with PCs. Also, 4 player split screen and LAN parties are more fun with consoles.
  • yeah thats true and even better is Xbox LIve
  • Im gonna get Xbox 360 too, because i want to play halo 3 so badly.
  • I prefer CoD4 on PC, its just much more playable even if the fps is down a slight touch.
  • Yeah the only down side with Xbox360, is you have to buy microsoft points to pay for the map downloads and mods ect, i think the xbox360 has better lighting the only thing i use my computer for is graphics design ,playing Oblivion on full graphics Plus Xbox360 is cool with a game called Fable 2 and i love halo 3 oh and

Halo 3 ODST the new halo is out soon i'am not sure of the story line but i think the master chiefs armour has been upgraded
  • Heads up, this is a large post. (I must of been bored right?)
    -He said he has a $1,500 gaming PC. After hearing that, I recalled that he recently bought a X-BOX 360. To me, this is a waste of money since any gaming PC can pretty much kick the 360's ass. (My 2005 HP Pavilion before the upgrades can perform with a better FPS and higher settings on Fallout 3 and GTA IV)
    I then asked him why he bought his X-BOX Elite system pack which costs around $500, correct?). His reply was "So I can play Halo 3". This is why I am starting a quick poll. Was it worth paying $500 for a X-BOX (which is worse than his gaming PC) just to play Halo 3?

Well, frankly the PC and Xbox 360 both are good with different things, in my oppinion, for many, the Xbox is worth its cost, I've enjoyed many days of play time with my 360 and I generally prefer the Xbox 360 for gaming over the PC for many reasons, one of them is it has lots of excellent original games for the console such as The Halo series, Forza, Rockband, Fable, (Bla Bla Bla) Also, unlike the PC, you are enabled to play with your friends locally, without the use of another Console/PC, And from my experience, I've found games to generally run much smoother and with less error on the console over the PC (Even with an incredibly powerful $1,500 gaming computer), likely because of how much PC's may very for example. I enjoy Xbox Live quite a bit and I also find the controllers comfortable for gaming.

The PC also has reasons why it's better, but in different areas, for one thing, the PC has more potential for graphics and quality (Although this varies with budget), and the PC has some good games such as MMO's that the Xbox just isn't enabled for, Such as EVE Online, (For some WoW) Tribes 2, and many other games. The PC also has many features that the Xbox just doesn't have. Personally, I don't see why not have both, if you can afford a $1,500 computer, you can afford an Xbox 360, and for those that can't afford a $1,500 computer, the Xbox is generally the cheaper option for quality gaming.

I've actually spent around $1000+ on my Xbox, including games, controllers, Xbox Live and stuff though, but that's just me, I buy a lot of games/controllers. (2 extra controllers, ($40-$50 each) 3 Rockband guitars and 1 Drum set was expensive) (3 guitars because 1 of the 3 was abused XD)

Simplified: In my oppion, a good gaming PC is great, and an Xbox 360 console for many, is worth it.

Gaming PC or Xbox?: (Generally, both are great and necessary for different reasons and depends on the user's perference) (PC gaming experience varies depending on the consumers budget and affordablility)
  • Plus i love the Xbox360, Controllers they are really comfortable and a console is good as well as a PC an Xbox360 can find you're friends in what server they are in, and connect you to them, plus the Xbox360 is really good if you have a 1080P LCD HD Tv

HDMI is the best

PC is better in some ways like you can do web surfing while doing something else but hey my PC cost $1,500 and the Xbox360 $742 and with Xbox360 i can use removable drives and take my Screen shots and movies from the Xbox360, and edit them on my computer Via the Ethernet cable.

all and all the Xbox360 and the Computer are good.
  • Forza

I :heart: you.
  • Alright, I was talking to Zephyr Zen on the TX server tonight about computer stuff.
    He said he has a $1,500 gaming PC. After hearing that, I recalled that he recently bought a X-BOX 360. To me, this is a waste of money since any gaming PC can pretty much kick the 360's ass. (My 2005 HP Pavilion before the upgrades can perform with a better FPS and higher settings on Fallout 3 and GTA IV)

To play Halo 3 was the reason I got my 360, it was around $500 when it came out. It was so worth it. <3
  • I disagree, I have a gaming computer and a 360. Sometimes it is more fun (and convenient) to just hop on the 360 and not worry about drivers, bugs, and other things that come with PCs. Also, 4 player split screen and LAN parties are more fun with consoles.

fail, computer games may be buggy, but at least patches get released whereas consoles dont get the same treatment, this then further degrades online gameplay via glitch abuse thus, no it wasnt worth it
  • fail, computer games may be buggy, but at least patches get released whereas consoles dont get the same treatment

Yes they do.
  • Deathborn, do you have any consoles?
  • Obviously not. :(
  • tankz0r death?

Consoles suck, the wii is a knockoff of the p5 glove, and you only get the 360 for Halo 3.

I claim this thread in the name of The Smurfs!
  • tankz0r death?

Consoles suck, the wii is a knockoff of the p5 glove, and you only get the 360 for Halo 3.

Could you please say shit that makes sense?
  • I play Halo 3, CoD, GoW, and more on XBox Live. It was indeed worth it.
  • I play Wii, 360, and computer.

PS3 sucks.

And this thread should have been a PM. Stop being drama queens.
  • tankz0r death?

Could you please say shit that makes sense?

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that... lol
  • i didnt notice until you pointed it out
  • Consoles suck, the wii is a knockoff of the p5 glove, and you only get the 360 for Halo 3.
    That makes sense, the rest was for me to get a cheap thrill of making an erog post.
  • I play Wii, 360, and computer.

PS3 sucks.

And this thread should have been a PM. Stop being drama queens.
    +1
    +1
    +1
  • Gaming PC or Xbox?: "In my oppion, a good gaming PC is great, and an Xbox 360 console for many, is worth it."
    "Forza"
    I :heart: you.
    :)
    To play Halo 3 was the reason I got my 360, it was around $500 when it came out. It was so worth it. <3
    Yeah, I'm a Halo fan, incase you didn't notice my signature. I think the Xbox 360 was actually worth buying even just for the Halo games, Halo 3 is what finally got me to buy the console, I still enjoy playing on Xbox Live Matchmaking every now and then, and I look forward to playing Halo 3: ODST and Reach. :)
  • 4 player split screen and LAN parties are more fun with consoles.

Only reason i have one.

Meza... king of hilarious sigs. :D
  • i only have 1 joystick, and i love it :D
  • Okay, seriously, how can you say that the Wii is better than the PS3? I actually have to say that the PS3 is better in a lot of aspects than the 360.
  • Okay, seriously, how can you say that the Wii is better than the PS3? I actually have to say that the PS3 is better in a lot of aspects than the 360.

The only thing PS3 has going for it is graphics. And obviously, using Tribes 2 as an example, graphics mean nothing when relating to great gameplay. I haven't seen any good games for that console. New PS2 games are coming out, even when the next-gen console is out there in the market, so I'm guessing game-devs are terrified that a game for the PS3 will stop short on sales.

Wii has interactivity, a wide variety of fun games, and as revealed by E3, a large amount of high-quality games coming out exclusively for that console. Nevermind the Wi-Fi, wireless controllers, motion sensing, or the epic backwards compatability, but the Wii just delivers. Yes, there have been shortcomings, but those are often ignored by the actual gamers.

And it's affordable.
  • Uh, it plays Blu-Rays and Linux.

Also, these are PS3 only games that are really good:
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
    inFamous
    MLB 09: The Show
    Killzone 2
    Resistance 2
    Little Big Planet
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Warhawk
    Motorstorm
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    SOCOM
    Grand Turismo 5
    ...and then there are a bunch of shitty games.

Let me mention MAG is coming out. It's a 256 player FPS.

You don't have to name all the 360 games... I already know that there's a ton.