Nostalgic memories on The-Construct/Tribes 2 servers

I've been playin Tribes 2 for some years, and I was just wondering what's your fond memories of the past of the game? Mostly mine is getting my ass handing to me on Goons. :D

Comments

• In no particular order:

-First time I made a decent building (UNSC Pelican from Halo that Nao helped a lot with)
    -Good ol' days of MooCon and Quantium X
    -When I got into {NOS}
    -First time I could understand the basics of the Logic Pack
    -When everyone started making giant kitchen appliances
    -New years where Thyth made a clock that set fire to the server at Midnight
    -First time I made a Tribe and good-looking browser (Nao helped again)

Good times...how I miss them :<
  • I also remember playing on the old construction server. Long ago. Mostly I'd go there to see the bitchin buildings that people would make. :p
  • - First time I got admin :)
    - First time I reached rank 4 in a tribe
    - My first script (A chat command to admin people)
    - My first spaceship
    - My first good spaceship
    - Getting in to NOS
    - Role-playing on CMDRBOB's server
    - Dark Tiger's old QX server
    - Building really bad buildings that seemed great at the time
    - Countless hours of AFK time with friends
  • There's too many memories for me, I don't think I can name one that's my favorite.
  • -Role play in Nao's space ship i mean that really old one with self made tank inside
    -my first space ship on $olid $nake's server
    -First time hosting public QX server
    -Metallic tribe RPs on my server
    -Building "Undercity" on my metallic server(yes, i got name from wow, but it didn't look like undercoty in wow)
    -Underground Nuclear Reactor i made on my metallic server
    -Epic board to board battle on Clockworks (there is video about it on youtube, it has retarded song at background)
    there is plenty of more but im too lazy to write...
  • Joining the construction community.
  • My favorite memory is how I met my best friend from Tribes 2. I joined Xenoc|de's modified .69a Construction server and made a small base which was simply a box consisting of an LSB frame and FF walls. I think it may have had a switch to activate a grid of FFs to kill players inside my base. Anyways, I forgot what was said between me and Gr|m Reaper-Gen, but it ended up with him disabling invincible deployables, destroying my generator, trapping me inside by walling up my base with LSB pads, and then nuking me. Eventually, we somehow became friends and the others from the server became my admins for my hosted Quantium server. That was fun.
  • My favorite memory is how I met my best friend from Tribes 2. I joined Xenoc|de's modified .69a Construction server and made a small base which was simply a box consisting of an LSB frame and FF walls. I think it may have had a switch to activate a grid of FFs to kill players inside my base. Anyways, I forgot what was said between me and Gr|m Reaper-Gen, but it ended up with him disabling invincible deployables, destroying my generator, trapping me inside by walling up my base with LSB pads, and then nuking me. Eventually, we somehow became friends and the others from the server became my admins for my hosted Quantium server. That was fun.

His server was where I first learned how to build. Good times. :)
  • Ok...

Boxing Shane, while he was online (he kept changing me to a human).
    Building a giant forcefield box.
    Building the moon with Shrimp.
  • Linker's con server was always fun. :)
  • Ahh memories!

-Learning to build on the original Construct .67a server
    -Building a massive castle which looked awesome at the time but looking back i realise I didn't learn how to merge until a year ago...
    -Starting my construction clan, Atomik Construction Corps and attempting to build our own mod, but getting side tracked and writing about 30 different interesting ways of nuking people ^_^
  • - Running dricon out
    - MTC's when they were introduced.
    - Hazard mode when it was introduced.
    - Being stunned when rotate came out.
    - v48 :<
  • Tried to keep this as chronological as possible

- Learning to build back in .37
    - joining my first tribe
    - making my first tribe
    - becoming admin on quan's main server
    - learning to code with dricon
    - starting Phantom Construction
    - starting CCMA
    - a series of multiple name changes
    - finishing CCMA, starting TWM
    - Starting C&C
    - Now we are here, with TWM 2 starting :p
  • playing icarusdrenn's wicked ccm scenarios but for some reason NOBODY i talk to seems to know him at all
  • That name sounds familiar. I guess my best memories are:

-Learning to build on Quantium back in 06, first building was some big warehouse I think
    -Returning to T2 last year
    -Finding this community
    -Making my own skin :D
  • So much T2 means i cant remember what happened 5 minutes ago
  • Sunnysteps, dricon, Yuna, Cybor39, Iplop, Warlordx, cheesed_off; -)TPC(-; Meltdown 2 with ma boys; -Linker-'s, Elect's, Genoc|de's, and JackTL's servers; publicly mocking Gannondorf and then making a really cool castle with him; IronSphere (T2RPG); so many more.

My favorite by far is going to have to be t3o. This thread brought a tear to my eye irl.
  • Playing tribes 2 for 8 years now...
  • Discovering how the fuck to play Con and CCM.
    Realizing I'm one of the better CCM players.
    Making all the friends here, and all the ROFL times. <3
  • joining back in 06 officially, i seem to have vague memorys of visiting a con server before when i used the no login shortcut, but it never showed again, after a few years (refer to beginning year) i re-discovered construct, struggling at first, but then becoming one of the pro builders, but only in terms of making race tracks ;) i never looked back since, and i hope that i can continue to look forward in terms of t2's future, lets face it, the old ones were always the best, and they deserve the life support machines and zimmer frames :p