Tribes Omega

tribesomegalogo.png

Hey, for anyone who has seen Tribes: Vengeance, what do you think? Awesome? I'd rather play Pacman than that game, so Im here to see if anyone is interested in helping me make a Tribes Fangame in Torque Game Engine Advanced, which is a more advanced version used to build T2. We need some general coders, mappers, animators, moddelers and beta testers. Anyone who wants to help, just PM me and send a message, everyone who takes part in this project gets a copy of TGEA free so just give me your email so I can send it. Also, not many programmers will be needed since Tribes 2 uses Torque Script so we could port old code into the project and refine it.

Team Members:
Me (Mapper, Programmer, Spriter)
Tricon 2 Elf (Programmer)
F9Alexander (Mapper)
Ukillme (Beta Tester)
RedFalco (Beta Tester)
Bigbaddragonguy (Mapper, Beta Tester)
-Rellik- (General Helper)
Erog46 (Debugger, Spriter)
NinN (Coder, Mapper, Beta Tester, Moddeler(interiors) )
Kaidolyth=Pirate (General helper, Modeller)

And thats it really...

Comments

• Hey, for anyone who has seen Tribes: Vengeance, what do you think? Awesome? I'd rather play Pacman than that game, so Im here to see if anyone is interested in helping me make a Tribes Fangame in Torque Game Engine Advanced, which is a more advanced version used to build T2. We need some general coders, mappers, animators, moddelers and beta testers. Anyone who wants to help, just PM me and send a message, everyone who takes part in this project gets a copy of TGEA free so just give me your email so I can send it. Also, not many programmers will be needed since Tribes 2 uses Torque Script so we could port old code into the project and refine it.

Concept Art (I was bored) :

conceptd.png

Team Members:
    F9Alexander (Mapper)
    Ukillme (Beta Tester)
    Naosyth (Actually, i dont know... he said he would advise coding...)
    RedFalco (Beta Tester)

And thats it really...

I could help if I didn't need to work on my house 24/7 as a coder. (fire)
    I could however, offer the attached file.
    Not much in it, but hopefully it aids you in your journey to create "Tribes: Omega".
  • I just said I would offer the same help/advice I offer to anyone.. so.. yeah.
  • Thanks, and thanks again lol (Update: -Rellik- is part of the team)
  • Good luck, I would help if I could, but.. I can't. =P
  • Made a icon for this mod.
    EDIT: Icon seemingly useless due to name change.
  • I could be the debugger. Also I can Spriter.
  • Tribes Fangame
    How about you guys just redo the graphics so it looks realistic? :wave:
  • lol......

Good luck with the UE Engine. You're going to need it.
  • Lol. It will be fun to see if this actually works.. XD
  • I'm too noob to be messing with that.
  • ROFL, look at the team working on it. It's all of TC's 11-year-olds.
  • And so it starts...
  • ...Again...
  • OK, Rys, thats what we are doing... basically remaking T2 with Realistic graphics, and who said we would use the Unreal Engine? We will be using TGEA, and thanks alot and thats a good icon
  • Hey, for anyone who has seen Tribes: Vengeance, what do you think? Awesome? I'd rather play Pacman than that game, so Im here to see if anyone is interested in helping me make a Tribes Fangame in Torque Game Engine Advanced, which is a more advanced version used to build T2. We need some general coders, mappers, animators, moddelers and beta testers. Anyone who wants to help, just PM me and send a message, everyone who takes part in this project gets a copy of TGEA free so just give me your email so I can send it. Also, not many programmers will be needed since Tribes 2 uses Torque Script so we could port old code into the project and refine it.

Concept Art (I was bored) :

conceptd.png

Team Members:
    F9Alexander (Mapper)
    Ukillme (Beta Tester)
    Naosyth (Actually, i dont know... he said he would advise coding...)
    RedFalco (Beta Tester)
    -Rellik- (General Helper)
    Erog46 (Debugger, Spriter)

And thats it really...

I can make music, general audio, maps, textures, scripts, and I'm a great bug hunter and I'm full of ideas. However, I'll need more info on what you want to do.

EDIT:
    ROFL, look at the team working on it. It's all of TC's 11-year-olds.

lol... Now I actually looked at it... Now I don't think I want to help, I can see this as something that wont ever get finished. I'll help with music if you need it, maybe some textures, scripts, and maps if I actually see real progress.
  • OK, Rys, thats what we are doing... basically remaking T2 with Realistic graphics, and who said we would use the Unreal Engine? We will be using TGEA, and thanks alot and thats a good icon

O_O.... Good luck with that.

He could've meant the "Unhandled Exception" engine.
    But then again, TGE is our official UE engine, so who knows. :D

Suggestions (Was bored, but some are actually good):
    1. Tribes: Next
    2. Tribes: Advanced
    3. Tribes: The Rebirth (referring to T2 itself)
    4. Tribes: Alpha Omega (not much better than the original :D)
    5. Tribes: (4,Four,Phour)
    6. Tribal Rebirth
    7. Tribes: The New Millennium (Or Whatever you want instead of "Millennium")
  • i'd like to see this work (as unlikely as it is). Am i part of the Omega team? :D
  • Sorry to play devils advocate here guys, but you do realise that this has been attempted by at least 4 groups in last last year or so alone; a couple using the Torque engine, one using the Unreal engine and one attempting to use the Crytek engine. As far as I'm aware all have kinda dwindled into nothingness.

Though I wish you guys the best of luck, you must realise the sheer scale of what you're trying to accomplish and that the others probably stopped for a reason...
  • OK, I understand the massive scale of the project. I know I have a noobish team, I understand that were probably not going to be able to do this very easily but theres nothing stopping us from trying I mean, with enough help Im sure we can at least accomplish a decent playable game
  • Mad props to Shinobi.
  • OK, the project is official called Tribes Rebirth, heres a quick mock up logo tell me what you think of it:

tribestest001.png

Although its not that great it did take time to rip it off that blurry log in screen...
  • So my icon is useless, and I just made the 16pix one better D: (uploaded anyway at first post)
  • No your icon could still work really well with the game and thanks for making it you rock man
  • OK, the project is official called Tribes Rebirth, heres a quick mock up logo tell me what you think of it:

tribestest001.png

Although its not that great it did take time to rip it off that blurry log in screen...

"Tribal Rebirth", got the from that? I'd just like to know.
  • Tribal rebirth? never heard of it, I actually used the name that you suggested
  • This has failed to gain my support, first of all, brought up, contains 11 year olds, secondly, the scripters/coders you have listed don't know jack, when it comes to advanced torque script which will be needed when making a TGEA game. It took me 3 weeks, just to get the FPS Demo inside the TGEA to a stage where modeling and weapon development were mostly the main remaining aspects.

Not to mention, you do not have the T2 projectile type C++ code, nor do any of those people know C++.

We have TN, I suggest waiting for a future relase where custom API and zips can be sent to clients to allow players to advance the current game we have.
  • I actually used the name that you suggested

That's what I meant.
  • Ok phantom, you don't think it'll work? fine, thats your opinion but we still have a right to try
  • Ok phantom, you don't think it'll work? fine, thats your opinion but we still have a right to try

I actually like the idea, I just wanted to know.
    And no, I'm not Phantom139.
    Sorry if I somehow offended you.