X360 to PC screen with HDMI cable HALP!

What you need:
Xbox 360 :p
DVI to HDMI cable
x360 vga cable

What you want to archieve:
Xbox connected to my pc screen with hdmi to dvi cable with audio.

Problem:
Cant get audio working w/o microsoft expensive audio cable. (about 40€ :eek: )

Reason for problem:
1. HDMI to DVI cable doesnt transfer audio.
2. Vga cable's xbox end is too large to have dmi and vga cable connected at the same time.

Solutions(yay!):
take xbox 360 rca cable that came with xbox 360 arcade, remove that plastic "shell" from the xbox end of the cable (i hope you understand this), then plug it into console and take rca to 3.5mm adapter (has 2 rca inputs) and plug it into pc screen (one that has speaker of course) or any other audio output device (couldn't make up any better word) and then connect hdmi to dvi cable to screen and xbox.

Hopefully you understand this stuff :wave:
Btw my first tutorial on the internet. :D

Comments

• HDMI to DVI cable apparently doesnt transfer audio. :mad:
    :lol:

So you did get it working then?
  • Yeah. But i din't really see any difference compared to VGA cable, but oh well DVI to HDMI cable only cost about 5 €. :D
  • make sure your Screen can take 1080P/780P some games on xbox360 require these resolutions, but depends i found out with hdmi for PC the HDMI port is alot more compact it could be a class A cable or a class B the standard one is class B.
  • I used to plug my computer to my pc using some svideo cable and played snes with some friends, it was awesome, we beat super mario world in three sittings.

Too bad my new card doesn't has an svideo output.

make sure your Screen can take 1080P/780P some games on xbox360 require these resolutions, but depends i found out with hdmi for PC the HDMI port is alot more compact it could be a class A cable or a class B the standard one is class B.

Zeph, please stop, you'll just get rysterf to get more threads closed.

Please talk like someone your age (Because you have the knowledge of someone your age)
  • Not exactly, Class B HDMI is the one that connects your Xbox360/PS3 to your TV but the HDMI cable that connects a computer screen is a class A different in size, and i talk like this in real life i do not talk for my age sorry it is just how my mind works.
  • And that is correct DVI only transfers high end analog signals a HDMI cable transfers Audio considering HDMI is rated for a 3Gb/s Transfer rate i am not supprised you get such clear signal with HDMI
  • Shut The Fuck Up
  • Shut The Fuck Up
    :lol:
  • Zephyr please do not post in threads.
  • Zephyr please do not post in threads.

Nicely said.
  • Shut The Fuck Up
    I_LIKE_WHERE_THIS_THREAD_IS_GOING.jpg
    Sorry I just plug my xbox to my tv. :(
  • Oops double post. sorry bout that. :(
  • That picture would be awesome with a troll under the rails
  • I smell thread jacking.
  • You know what?, I feel sorry for Zephyr, he's just trying to impress us.

What makes him an idiot is that he never stops trying to, even when we all tell him he's not getting anywhere.