Choice

I have $200. Do I get the new Google Nexus One or a second Sapphire HD 4890 1GB so I can max out Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Crysis?

Discuss.

Comments

• I'm playing Bad Company 2 beta on one nV 9800 maxed out with just fine framerates.
  • i just got a new 220 Geforce i do not know if it would play Crysis but it may play battlefield bad company. but i do not think a ATI HD Sapphire would take the Crysis game very well i would suggest nothing more then a 295 GTX + running GDDR3 but you are looking at paying $500 for a good card like that. the CryEngine continues to supprise me visually but i have played Crysis once it was not really the best game play. it was very visually pleasing(Lets hope Mechwarrior 5 is good)
  • I don't think you really know what you're on about.

Also, he already has one of those ATI cards, he's talking about getting a second one.
  • I got a GT220, the thing is humble and powerful, IMO.
  • I'm playing Bad Company 2 beta on one nV 9800 maxed out with just fine framerates.
    Really? From the screenshots it looked like it would be more demanding than Crysis.
    Is it a good game and is the multiplayer similar to BF2?
  • I didn't play much BF2 (Not really a fan of the whole "modern shooter" thing) but I played a lot of 2142. The multiplayer is similar to any Battlefield game, really. The gameplay is so immersive though, tanks just driving through mowing down trees and shrubs and blowing out sides of buildings (whole buildings come toppling down, eventually). It feels like a real war zone. Stuff's blowing up around you, you run and duck for cover and then the cover gets blown up and you have to run and find someplace else to cover. Man, it's great.

edit: Oh, and I was playing Crysis on my nV 8800 with med-high settings with decent framerates. Things really aren't as demanding as they seem, especially if you've got the ram and cpu to back it up.
  • I didn't play much BF2 (Not really a fan of the whole "modern shooter" thing) but I played a lot of 2142..

*widening smile*
  • Why are you smiling you weasel? Because Bad Company 2 is a "modern shooter" and I like it?
  • Hes smiling about 2142
  • Nexus One ftw
  • i just got a new 220 Geforce i do not know if it would play Crysis but it may play battlefield bad company. but i do not think a ATI HD Sapphire would take the Crysis game very well i would suggest nothing more then a 295 GTX + running GDDR3 but you are looking at paying $500 for a good card like that. the CryEngine continues to supprise me visually but i have played Crysis once it was not really the best game play. it was very visually pleasing(Lets hope Mechwarrior 5 is good)

Crysis was optimised to work better with nVidia, thusly you won't need something so overkill, a 240gtx would probably suffice, and for those who have not got it yet, i urge you to do so, numb loved it, and Crysis 2 is coming oh so soon, and it looks pretty awesome
  • I have a 4850 and I love it.
  • Well I just sold my MMORPG for $300. Now I can afford them both.
  • If you get something leftover, look into M.A.G, 300+ players in one game sounds awesome *not out yet*
  • If you get something leftover, look into M.A.G, 300+ players in one game sounds awesome *not out yet*
    Nah, I've finalized my migration from PS3 to PC.
  • Nexus One goshdarnit.
  • Fuck it all
  • Fuck it all
    That's a good choice.
  • MAG was released late January.
  • There is no choice

photo_movieMatrix-quoteSpoon.jpg