Let's-a Go!

Alright kiddies, let's take a step back in time and kick it 2-D 8-bit style.

I present to you:
super_mario_bros_nes.png

World 1-1.

After constructing the main aesthetic, I've come to realize, Mario can jump friggin high. Ridiculously high. We can barely make the tallest pipes from the ground-level with super-jumps on. Also, I have good ideas on how to make the blocks actually turn the empty-brown after jumping into them. Coins, I'll figure out, and as for mushrooms and enemies...we'll see.

But you'll definitely be able to grab onto that end flag and ride that sucker to the base.

Anyways, enough introduction, go check the screenshots if you haven't already.

Also, I might find a way to feature it in a comic.
  • screen3.png
  • screen1.png
  • screen2.png
  • screen4.png
  • screen5.png

Comments

• Oh dear lord

:clap: :clap: :clap:
  • Great building!!! :D
    Do you plan to add deathfalls for the gaps?

If only Transpads could be triggered by packs/power change, then you could use trans pads of death for the monsters!
  • Transpads can't be triggered by power changes, unfortunately. As for the deathfalls, I just plan to shut off jets when people are playing. I also think I found a way to make coins work.
  • you could have the falls make you fly using jump pads, into a transpad, which then jolts and kills you this should solve your problem, and it would looks sort of like how you jump then fall to your doom when you die XD
  • Oh good lord, thats badass.
  • all I can say... is wow...

would definitely be interested to see where this goes.
  • you could have the falls make you fly using jump pads, into a transpad, which then jolts and kills you this should solve your problem, and it would looks sort of like how you jump then fall to your doom when you die XD
    Or a switch that turns on a forcefield that kills you.
  • I dont think that works right (si) its pretty close to the limit i believe, so it would break if someone loaded something.
  • Doors are already broken in BC :< They load so strangely. So I may have to import it to ECM.
  • lol Someone should make the -1 world.
  • lol Someone should make the -1 world.

that bugged water world which just loops continuosly until either you die or the console rusts? naw man not cool =/
  • I played on this for a good couple of minutes while waiting because i loaded the wrong thing but freaken awesome man