Tribes 2 Ironsphere RPG 2

I am going to be reviving the clientside mod for Tribes 2, Ironsphere RPG, and am in need of more people to join the team. The big goal is to revive what was, and should have been, a fun client side mod for Tribes 2. Anyone is welcome to join, especially test, because we are working off of what was at best a partially completed mod, therefore any kind of help would be awesome. For example, if you think your poor at something, but you know that you'd be of help, please feel free to say something. Also, lets say that you're a scripter, but you can also make music or artwork, you can play multiple roles, so long as the whole team is informed. All credit that one does for the mod will be appropriately listed.

READ REPLY @ PAGE 3

Who says Tribes 2 wasn't made for RPG?

- 4 Main classes, each with 2 subclasses, for a total of 8 different character types.

- ~200 items, from swords and shields, bows and arrows to armors and spells.

- 35 Monster types, from Goblins to Elementals, or Ogres to Minotaurs.

- 6 Damage types; Earth, Water, Wind, Fire, Energy, Gravity.

- Guilds and guild territory wars (Large scale PVP).

- Crafting/Smithing skill, create items & upgrade prefixes and suffixes.

- Merchants and banker NPCs, as well as quest NPCs.

- Custom vehicles (Currently only boat, horse planned in future)

READ REPLY @ PAGE 3

Server stats:
8 Core Nehalem
12 GB RAM
1GB/sec Bandwidth
Dallas, Texas, USA.

Project Leads:
Shinji
Thalagyrt

Co-Project Leads:
Signal360/Keyboardcat
-

Scripters:
Signal360/Keyboardcat
Shinji
Thalagyrt
Tricon2elf
Alviss

Artists: (modelling, textures, ect)
Gadget44
Zaxxman
Tricon2elf
Alviss

Musicians:
Shinji
Thalagyrt

Mappers:
Shinji

Testers: (And anyone else I forgot)
Casttiger
Chuckconnors
Chutriel
Damaso
Drakethesly
FURB
Iplop
LLJKH
m31ster
MightyZuex
Noodude
Zipperdude

NEED(at least)
Artists +1
Mappers +1
>9000

If you would like to participate, contact me at:
Xfire: shinji144
Email: [email protected]
WLM: [email protected]

If you can't reach me, contact Thalagyrt
WLM: [email protected]

Or fill out an application form on our website.
http://ironsphererpg2.webs.com/applytothedevteam.htm
Please register at the website AND forums, the forums are external.
============================
Download link + Guide
http://ironsphererpg2.webs.com/apps/links/

Current patch+vers
https://tribes.betaforce.com/trac/T2RPG/timeline

For a roadmap, refer to here.
https://tribes.betaforce.com/trac/T2RPG/roadmap

READ REPLY @ PAGE 3

Comments

• Ohh, I knew there was something going on about you.
    You have my thumbs up
  • Quoting Keen from the RadiantAge community-->
    http://forum.radiantage.com/index.php?topic=1495.0

It's a clientside mod for Tribes 2, called Ironsphere RPG.

It its a classic style RPG, with swords, shields, bows and arrows & with quests, guilds, and territory wars and then some.

What do you mean by "technology/script are you leveraging here?"

Vision is to be a well known mod for Tribes 2, and possibly not only revive the mod, but the T2 community.
  • wow, So this will be a total conversion mod?

Best of luck!

I'd be willing to sign on as a tester.
  • Yes, it is a total conversion mod, if you would like to join, contact me at:
    Xfire: shinji144
    So I can work stuff out.
  • Quoting Keen from the RadiantAge Community -->
    http://forum.radiantage.com/index.php?topic=1495.0

Some basic stuff is listed here, at T1's PCRPG's Newcomer's guide, such as Classes, and a Spell List.
    http://www.pcrpg.org/main.php?action=viewpage&page=newcomerguide

I do have an idea of where to go from here, and am going to be making some sort of (as you would call it) design document, being a rough sketch of what will hopefully accomplished.

There are plenty of mobs, and a variety of items and drops, for use with what kinds of stats you give your character.

A part of that rough sketch will be a map drawn in paint of what the current map is, and as work progresses on the mod, what we would like to add as new content. New content of this kind would mean new cities, buildings, and zones, all over.

One thing that would be very nice to look forward to if I can get enough people together, is have gathering skills besides mining, and a custom city/house building skill, where based off of how many and what kinds of materials you have, you can build walls, windows, tables, beds and such. I may be dreaming on that part, but it is definitely something that would give alot of people to come to Tribes 2.
  • We may not be able to pull off something as lucrative as gathering and construction skills, but will definitely revive the mod, and hopefully, bring more people into the T2 community.

At the very least, I wan't this to be known as a far better attempt than the DarkRealms RPG situation a year ago.
  • I now have a website with download locations for the new 1.35 client^.^
    NOTE:
    You should delete all previous versions of Ironsphere and Ironsphere II in order for the install to work properly.

http://ironsphererpg2.webs.com/

Please register at the forums :)
  • Rawr :tinfoil:
  • Looks interesting
  • We've already released client 1.35, and are still working strong on the mod.
    I can't give an exact list as to whats different between 1.32 and 1.35 since I neglected to make a patchlist, but the installer filesize difference is:

1.35 Installer = 94.6mb
    1.30+(1.30to1.31patch)+(1.31to1.32patch) = 92.697mb

Installer size difference = 1.903mb.

This may be a small number, but considering the size of the team(which is still growing), and the few days we've been working on this, it is definitely good enough to say that we're (slowly but surely) making progress.

ACCM is a good mod, props for making it, but I fail to see why you should bring it up. If you care so much to post a let down reply, at least be respectful to the people who appreciate you're work.

Considering that it looks like you want to give up on the T2 community, and yet want to brag about how you could remake ACCM into it's own RPG makes me wonder why you posted here other than to put us down. On that note, we "tools" have fun working on the mod, and we're having plenty fun without you trying to put us down.

We will continue to make progress as a team, whether or not we're uber talented like you, and will continue to have fun without you.

GOOD DAY SIR
  • Nukem is so nice these days... letting people down without them knowing...
  • I wouldn't mind joining the team, as a scripter.
  • I'll write your name on paper signal, but please use the form on the website ;)
  • what he said
  • Newest Members :

5ce8b47a869a155815f6bb9473880f82.jpeg

d317303b542e654f0f788a552e768e61.JPG

But I do agree (to certain extent) with nukem, maybe serverside-ity, however it is that you manage to achieve it, is a good idea because as I recall the original ironsphere was like 150mb+, and not only it was hard to find a working link but there wasn't really much documentation and it's no wonder when TN surfaced ironsphere just sank like a lead vest.

Then again, that's just my humble opinion.
  • Homer and Harry Ploper are working for you!?
  • I managed to find the original Darkrealms installer while away for a week - , heres some info on that:

Ironsphere_RPG_II_1.35_Installer = 94.6mb
    Uncompressed = 119mb

DarkrealmsInstall = 97.2mb
    Uncompressed = 114mb

As of already with our 1.35 installer, I can say that I'm proud that we have 5mb more content than Darkrealms, and will continue to add content :)

A few things currently in progress.
    - finish the item database+fixing broken items
    - fix npc spawns and item/coin drops
    - retextures of the gamemenus
    - new songs for future zones

If you would like to apply, goto the following link:
  • This mod had it's days a while ago, and it was a really interesting mod for it's time.

Unfortunately it has mostly died out now, not to mention they really scripted it in many ways that could have been bettered.

My suggestion is to go with what was already mentioned, which is try to convert it to be a server-side mod, that way people aren't fumbling around with 100MB installer packages.

If you're willing to spend the time and effort, I will give you a fully open source copy of my server-side powers mod project, you could try to build an RPG mode off of what is already provided.
  • If you're willing to spend the time and effort, I will give you a fully open source copy of my server-side powers mod project, you could try to build an RPG mode off of what is already provided.

Heheh.. but you'll have to put "BY PHANTOM" everywhere
  • Heheh.. but you'll have to put "BY PHANTOM" everywhere

what makes you say that?

The only place I mentioned myself in that mod is the loadscreen, and I would safely assume it would be changed anyways if he chose to do so.

Powers was just one of those spin up side projects of mine that I never really devoted a great deal of time for.
  • I'm thinking of staying clientside. There is much more potential and fun to be had if it remains clientside. The only downfall is that in order to make it uber fun, the amount of work that needs to be done is equivalent to typing this reply a thousand or so times, and then going back and editing each one of them to make sure its up to date 5 times. On top of that, my cat plays the huge mental block of going back and picking out said replies that are inaccurate or otherwise worthless.

I'm going to begin leaving the server up over night, and increasing the uptime on it. This means I'm going to be distributing adminships.If you wish to apply for admin, please fill out the form on the website here:
    http://ironsphererpg2.webs.com/applyforadmin.htm

All applicants and current members of the team should have xfire, and have me added ; shinji144
    Else email me for help and the like @ [email protected]

Also, something to look forward to; I am adding more guides and commands over the next few days.
  • I would like to welcome Phantom139 as the new Co-Dev project leader.

As of writing this, he's already made a new loading screen.

Please add him on Xfire : Phantom139

░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
    ░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░
    ▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒██▓▓▒▒▒
    ▒▒████▒▒▒█████▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒
    ░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒
    ░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░
    ░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░

Phantom139 has been removed from his position as Co-Lead, and replaced by Signal360/Keyboardcat.
  • I'm thinking of staying clientside. There is much more potential and fun to be had if it remains clientside.

Agreed. Clientside would be best for this mod. Best of luck you guys!:)
    The only downfall is that in order to make it uber fun, the amount of work that needs to be done is equivalent to typing this reply a thousand or so times, and then going back and editing each one of them to make sure its up to date 5 times. On top of that, my cat plays the huge mental block of going back and picking out said replies that are inaccurate or otherwise worthless.

Welcome to programming.
  • ░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
    ░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░
    ▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒██▓▓▒▒▒
    ▒▒████▒▒▒█████▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒
    ░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒
    ░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░
    ░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░

lolz0r.png
  • Agreed. Clientside would be best for this mod. Best of luck you guys!:)

Welcome to programming.

Eh, true, but its worse than the ordinary because the original Ironsphere devs made everything terribly unorginized.
  • and there's shitloads of console spam.
  • Every time I try to run the Online_bat it always UE's.
  • Eh, true, but its worse than the ordinary because the original Ironsphere devs made everything terribly unorginized.

Lawl, yup. Everything is in global variables. lol

Dond seemed to love it for that sole reason though. :P
  • Dond

lol what a coon.
  • So you taught your cat how to program?

Get 99 more!