[CON-TEST] Creative creators of creativity.

Entries closed, poll [strike]adding[/strike] added. :tinfoil:

Regardless of the results, everyone might just end up getting something. Most of you have me on Steam already, if you don't, just add me or send a PM.

The three highest viewed are:
  1. Huropolis by Mentulmhat
  2. Something something 14 by Technician
  3. Normandy SR2 WIP by Humans and Iplop

The Prized List
  1. Mentulmhat - The Humble Indie Bundle 1 & 2
  2. Technician - Nation Red
  3. Humans and Iplop - Winterbottom & DogFighter
  4. Numbuh 178 - Nation Red
  5. Naosyth - Nation Red
  6. Fast_Fire - DogFighter
  7. Deflun - DogFighter
  8. Zaxxman - Overlord Complete Pack

It's time for a contest, so get your boots on and start submitting your creations! It has to be something you've made that you're interested in sharing with other construction players - preferably something you've made in a construction game, but entries such as videos and real-world constructionisms you've made will be accepted (within reason, use your head).

How to enter:
  • Post a new thread in "Construction Creations" with images or video of your creation.
  • At least one image must be attached in your post.
  • Show it to as many people as you can.
  • Entries valid are new threads from NOW until 21st December 2010, 23:59 PST.
  • Enter as many times as you like.

Winners will be selected as follows:
  • The three (3) threads with the most views on the 22nd will win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place of TIER 1 (first choice of prizes), with the option to remain in the contest to win the grand prize*.
  • The threads will be added to a poll to be run for 48 hours. You will decide who wins TIER 2 and the remaining three (3) prizes.
  • Limit one (1) prize per person. First place, first serve.
* The grand prize (game of your choosing, $10 or less, in Steam holiday sale) will only be in effect if there are more than 12 entries.

The current prizes are as follows:

Grand prize: if there are more than twelve entries the person with the combined highest votes and views can opt to select a game of their choosing ($10 or less) from the upcoming Steam holiday sale.

A copy of DogFighter (3 remain)
DogFighter is a fast paced, arcade aerial combat game with arena style gameplay values. Players can compete against up to 15 opponents in 4 multiplayer modes, or go solo in 7 single player game modes, using beefed up biplanes sporting over 20 different offensive and defensive weapons...
... and that’s just the start.

ss_688c68d30fdbac3020a276be036f8744285f89a9.600x338.jpg?t=1288039544

A copy of Nation Red (3 remain)
Nation Red is an ultra fast infinite play arena-based shooter providing an exceptional close-quarter battlefield experience. Fight thousands of zombie mutants and their bosses in frantic bloody gameplay while earning over 70 perks.

ss_c0411e75f8b4a1669e746965697627227ee4a333.600x338.jpg?t=1283382574

Comments

• How are you going to know which threads get more views?, dunno if you've noticed but the counter has been kinda weird for a while, or is that just my imagination?

EDIT :

OH nevermind, it actually works just fine!
  • What to build, what to build...
  • Holy Shitballs -Awesome!
  • I'm going to build a ship.

Everyone else has. :p
  • Interesting
  • Me and Humans are entering a joint project. He can have the prize if we place. :)

I'll probably be buying DogFighter regardless.
  • No, he gets the prize if we win. I will probably be buying DogFighter regardless.
  • No, I gets the prize if they win. I won't be buying DogFighter regardless.
  • You won't be getting dogfigther regardless!

I say we give a copy to ergo, he needs all the experience he can get for his air force career!
  • What's going on here? 2qv3uxz.png
  • He's got that thousand yard stare!
  • If you're still on the fence, didn't want to read the whole post, or think this is some skill based contest, don't be. At this point you have a 100% chance of winning.

All you have to do to enter is post a new thread with pictures of something you've built attached. The earlier you enter, the greater your chance of winning the view count if you show the link to friends.

Enter as many times as you like.
  • Perhaps I should enter my massive Cruiser when I finish it.

I'll think about it.
  • 7 days left to enter.
  • Oh great, just when I thought I was done with assignments and shit and I could finally go on vacations, now I have to do my construction assignment!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH PROFESSOR KRASH!

no really thank you :3!
  • THANK YOU VERY MUCH PROFESSOR KRASH!
    no really thank you :3!

Deflun will do anything for an A.
  • All you have to do to win is post screenshots of something you've built. Anything you've built and happen to have saved, we want to see it!

So far you're still guaranteed to get a prize if you enter. :nag:
  • No Clue how to put Pictures on the Fourms... Otherwise, I'd enter.
  • When you click "New Thread" in Construction Creations it pushes the attachments button for screenshots to the top of the page - this is also, and usually, below the post form in "Additional Options".

Click the "Manage Attachments" button, and it will pop up an upload form where you can upload 4 files at a time, up to 20 per post.
  • Alright, Got that, Now to Figure out how to take the Pictures, Mine seem to come out all Black with "Print Screen"
  • You could use something like xfire or FRAPS to take pictures with
  • I usually do Print Screen, Paste onto GIMP (or MSPaint), save image, and upload to TC.net in new thread for screenshots.

I used a pre-registered copy of Fraps for raw videos and Windows Movie Maker for editing and full videos. Then just uploaded the final product to YouTube.
  • Alright, Got that, Now to Figure out how to take the Pictures, Mine seem to come out all Black with "Print Screen"

Must be an exposure issue, make sure you're working on the right ISO for the time of the day and light conditions, or maybe you didn't take off the cover.
  • You could use something like xfire
    Xfire-in-Game wont work with Tribes 2 on Windows 7, Among other Games.
  • Only a few more days to enter...
  • My SI just broke again... So Much for the Contest for me.
  • I said days, not minutes. :rolleyes:
  • Wont have time on Computer, Clean house for the Family.. etc..
  • Those sound like excuses. It takes 5 minutes to reinstall Tribes and SI. It takes a few more to clean things :p
  • Not if your Mom took your laptop and you only had a few minutes before she comes up the stairs to check on your room. Speaking of which..