plz help me :-(

:cool: hi im hotchik :o .well im here to see if any one can ansewr my question.well my question is how do i host a server so that ever body elese could come an join.so plz help i beg u :(

Comments

• Well.. uhm.. are you trying to host in dedicated mode (means that the game will exit and a little black windows pups up once you try to start the server)? Because I found my server to be invisible for others if I host in dedicated.
  • no im just trying to make one for a 24/7 time.a qiuck question.wat do u play on tribes\
    ctf,construction,rpg wat?
  • Construction
    Sometimes CTF but I'm generally absolutely totally and completely !!!CRAP!!! at CTF

Now, I assume that starting the server work fine and the problem is just that other people can't join or see the server? Make sure you pick a serverside map (means that people don't have to download the map to be able to play that map when you host it)
    Some serverside maps for construction (if construction is what you're trying to host) are Flatland desert, Flatland canyon and Flatdash.
    Also, have you downloaded the construction mod yet (if construction is what you're trying to host)?
  • We have given you step-by-step instructions ingame a few times, but again...
    Download your prefered Construction mod, extract to gamedata.
    Run the DSO remover included with the mod. (JTLdelDSO.bat in the Construction folder for Metallic)
    Click one of the online shortcuts in the folder to start the game. Click the host tab, insert some information for your server, press the button to start it.
    Set up serverprefs ingame or in the file and go.

If you want to host a "24/7" server, you'll want to run it as a dedicated server. There is a shortcut to start it dedicated in the construction folder.
    * Install latest T2 patch......................................... check?

* Install latest Construction..................................... check?

* Delete ALL *.dso files in both base and Construction folders,
    including subfolders, EXCEPT in the "do_not_delete" folder .....

* Verify that all *.dso files are deleted.........................

* Verify that your Construction launch shortcut is correct........

* Launch Construction before launching a base game again..........

* Verify that you have no other add-on scripts causing problems...

If you do infact have your server set up already and it's just not showing up, make sure there is an exception for the program in your firewall, and if you are running behind a router you will need to set it up to forward the ports to your machine.
    If you didn't set up the router yourself, you should find the person who did as you'll need the password to the router setup page.
  • ok thnx for the advice u guys. :-)
  • Is the problem solved now?
  • no,i guess wat iwa s missing was to download the right mod but again thnx alot