CDM & Custom Vehicle 2.0

Over the past week or so, I have been doing a lot of work on CDM. Custom vehicles are now working completely, and I am in the process of adding performance modules. I am also working on a new concept - Zero gravity combat.

Zero gravity combat is going to be geared towards team objective combat. CDM will be released with at least one arena to fight in. So far, all I have done is movement. Use your jet button to move in the direction you're looking at, and jump to slow down. Also, when you collide with players, you transfer momentum.

As for custom vehicles, saving and loading is now much better. There are also fewer bugs, so it should go smoother.

There is also a new, better save building system.

Performance Modules: (- = done, x = not done)
- Warp
- Shield
- Stealth
- Repair
- Speed
- 2nd weapon

Vehicles will be able to have one module, so that not all vehicles are super powerful.

Update: After seeing how the first 5 modules turned out, I have a better idea of how I want it to work. I'll be rewriting the base module code, so it is all more uniform. Shouldn't take terribly long. All modules should be done soon.

Weapons: (None added yet)
x Shock gun (Fires a shockwave that can damage, or repel players [Good when in zero gravity mode])
x Pistol (Unlimited ammo, weak)
x Laser Rifle (Kill or freeze [Freeze for a certain type of zero gravity combat])
x Battle Rifle (Burst and auto, fairly strong)
x Grapple Gun (Extend/retract rope ability)

Update: I just got my website fixed, so, I'll be adding a new feature to CDM, somewhat like TN/ECM have. I'll also be making some sort of CDM related part on my website to host the download once it is ready. At this point, I don't have any release date set. It'll be released when I feel it is stable, and it has all i want it to have.
  • CDMLogo_1.png
  • Fighter1.png
  • Fighter2.png
  • Fighter5.png

Comments

• Yah, i've alwats found GUI Interfacing and mouse control to be better than chat commands when dealing with a complicated process
  • you're saying that we can create custom vehicles?

vgw
  • Emp, you should talk to Nao about the distance chat, I believe it'd be a good script to implement in your RPG plug in.
  • Emp, you should talk to Nao about the distance chat, I believe it'd be a good script to implement in your RPG plug in.

It was apart of the RPG patch long ago.
  • It was apart of the RPG patch long ago.

Yeah, don't you remember the fact you can't team chat while RPG mode is on?

That was the ghost of said feature!
  • you're saying that we can create custom vehicles?

vgw
    ^
    |______________What he said. o_0

...As in... build a vehicle out of con parts and then pilot it???
  • i dont know.

if you can, im making a giant flying cactus.
  • You can't really just.. build and fly it. It works by mounting objects to mount points, meaning, you can resize the pbjects, but not reposition or rotate them. So, they can only be located where there are mount points.

But, even with this restriction, it is possible to create some cool things, like my fighter pictured in the first post. Also, last night I implemented the code to allow you to change the vehicle's projectile.
  • Sounds very... modular.
  • soooo, no flying cactus?
  • as long as you can cactus-ize something using the mount points... 0_o
  • you could make a flying cactus that fell over :P, it would look like a real cactus, just, chopped-down...ish
  • I was thinking of ideas for con mods, and just regular mods, and i thought up of a drone plane, instead of you piloting it, it could be for the space rps, you just had to buy a drone with money, and then you could launch it, and it defends things, and you could control it if you needed to from the CC
  • A person stranded in the desert...
  • you're in the desert?

and who'd be crazy enough to get stranded in a desert anyway?
    a canadian?
  • ... Dont push it..........
  • im not pushing anything
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Don't fill this thread with meaningless nonsense, please.
  • a canadian?

Eh? You rang?
  • Update:

Added a new save system, for both vehicles and buildings
    Removed a texture/vehicle UE bug
    Added a load screen
    Various other fixes

I'll add pics tomorrow

CDM might be ready for a beta release in a week or so.
  • Nice Nao... looking forward to taking peek. :D
  • Eh? You rang?

lol...
    no offence to canadians>
    i just want SantaClawz to get pissed.

will this doohicky be on metallic?

or is this a seperate mod altogether?
  • It's a separate mod. It makes a lot of changes to vehicles, and is pretty useless without the CDM texture gun. Moving these features to another mod would be pretty difficult/time consuming.
  • is it too much to ask to implment it into metallic?

i think yes. :(
  • ... Dont push it..........

Don't worry, you're not the only one who doesn't like Demoncard.
  • you negative twat. [-.-]
  • you negative twat. [-.-]

Silly child.
  • Silly child.

I make constructive posts, not childish post;calling you a twat is stating the obvious.