Flatland Big

I've been hosting for a while and it seems that people don't have the map anymore. Strange, considering it's a classic. Used to be common back in the day.

http://www.rawr32.net

Go pick it up so you can finally see what I've been working on the past week. Or maybe so you too can have the privilege of hosting such a fine map.

Description: It's flat. It's land. It's pretty freakin' big.

What's not to love?

Comments

• I <3 flatland.
  • I thought you couldnt get on T2?
  • I can now.
  • I <3 Flatdash

It's big, it's open, and it's unique (not boring like Flatland)
  • Flatdash isnt 100% flat... even most of the areas that look flat aren't flat

(And it isn't unique if it's server side! :p)
  • Flatdash has no real flat areas unless you branch off from the Vpad or start with a walkway. Even then, any large structures start to go into the ground.

FOOLS!! Flatland is king.
  • Ever so, you could make a scale building of the sunken titanic on flatdash, flatland? mmm
  • I don't really mind the "boring" part of Flatland. Maybe it is nostalgia but there is something special about building gigantic stuff on Flatland for me. If I don't want to build on a boring map I prefer Flatland Canyon.
  • I wouldn't mind playing on flatland, IF it had some greenery. It would be nice to see a new version of flatland, with some trees and rocks here and there, green grass and some dirt spots.
  • And perhaps a little ocean south - just out of bounds
  • I <3 Pussy

It's big, it's open, and it's unique (not boring like Cock)

You are my hero. ;)
  • I <3 Flatdash

It's big, it's open, and it's unique (not boring like Flatland)
    what the Vazstronaut said x3.
  • Some greenery and a few trees would be nice...
  • Some greenery and a few trees would be nice...

Flatland Lush calls your name.
  • I might have Flatland Lush...

Not like anybody would get THAT either, though :/
  • Original Flatland will do it for me thanks! Nothing special! None of your sweeping valleys! Back in the old days, we made our own sweeping valleys! From nothing more than LSBs and crate packs! Damn kids with with yer 8 tracks and yer soccer.....mumble
  • Original Flatland will do it for me thanks! Nothing special! None of your sweeping valleys! Back in the old days, we made our own sweeping valleys! From nothing more than LSBs and crate packs! Damn kids with with yer 8 tracks and yer soccer.....mumble

Yeah, i heard that when the old timers wanted to switch from LSB to Crate they had to walk back up-hill to the Invo Station, BOTH WAYS.
  • Yeah, i heard that when the old timers wanted to switch from LSB to Crate they had to walk back up-hill to the Invo Station, BOTH WAYS.

Bare foot! In the snow! Backwards!

oh... those were the days. :)
  • Flatdash has no real flat areas unless you branch off from the Vpad or start with a walkway. Even then, any large structures start to go into the ground.

Actually, around 60% of the area you start in is perfectly flat. As long as you don't build within say... 150-200m of the slightest rise, you'll be fine.

There was a time when nearly every construction server out there ran Flatland, so after a while it did seem very... flat. Sometime in... 2003, my own servers and a few others started running primarily EEK's construction maps, and occasionally one of the many made by other constructioneers, but we went back to flatland quite a bit. I started running serverside missions again in the summer of 2004 when all the free keys were released, because of all the new players who... really hadn't a clue how to install custom maps. I'm sure there are quite a few people here who wouldn't even have bothered to check out construction, let alone stay after the masters went down had it not been done.
    Still, there's a special place for Flatland in the annals of construction history and those who haven't tried it really should.
  • Flatland Lush calls your name.
    funny, I dont hear the terrain whispering "Demon...Deeemon..." in my bioderm ear.

Flatdash does.

NUKEM!
    Come on Eve so I can hurt you! /`_`\
  • NUKEM!
    Come on Eve so I can hurt you! /`_`\

Can you learn to shut the fuck up already? I TOLD YOU MY FUCKING ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE! Or are you that fucking stupid to not understand what that means? And I'll kick your ass in EVE so hard, my foot will be lodged in your fucking mouth, so stop acting like some hot-shot when you can't do shit.
  • And I'll kick your ass in EVE so hard, my foot will be lodged in your fucking mouth,

Does that mean he's an ass-face?

j/k Demon :p
  • What aspects of Flatlands make it client side only? Couldn't it be made server side easily enough?
  • What aspects of Flatlands make it client side only? Couldn't it be made server side easily enough?

The fact that it uses a custom terrain makes it clientside. :rolleyes: