building load vote

We need to make it that we can load with no votes.

Comments

• lol, and if some joker loads up 9999units of pure concentrated spam?
  • It's sad when somebody has a signature that massive, in comparison to their post...
  • It's sad when somebody has a signature that massive, in comparison to their post...
    his signature is more like a biography.
  • Or you can do a thing I did, allow players to load up whatever they please, so long as it is within the current piece limit (the system checks this), and then 5-10 minutes after they leave, remove orphans using a GUID check.
  • care to share it?
  • Yeah can you share?
  • lol, what do you mean with share, you intend to put TWM stuff into Metallic?
  • lol, what do you mean with share, you intend to put TWM stuff into Metallic?
    I dunno, I said it 'cus it sounded like a carebear.
  • the only reason ergo46 would ask this is so he can load around 999999999999999999 pieces, make the server crash then piss people off.
  • If you wanna load with no votes, go to Krypton.
  • Why would Phantom Share?

There's a few good Reasons why that could be bad....

1) A Noob Entered and wanted to load his "LSB Forest"
    2) It would get annoying, With Peices Popping up Everywhere
    3) A Few People Would agree with me, No?
    5) I skipped 4
    6) You Just noticed I skipped 4
    7) Ive ran Out of Ideas.....

You get the Idea....
  • I think it's absolutely astounding that even Demoncard noticed the flaw with voteless loads.

I know Metallic allows a load-up when it's somewhere under 500 pieces (could be 300, I dunno) and that ECM often loads up with a mere announcement.
  • I think it's absolutely astounding that even Demoncard noticed the flaw with voteless loads.
    why, thankyou mezzy.
  • why, thankyou mezzy.
    Sure thing dude.
  • Or you can do a thing I did, allow players to load up whatever they please, so long as it is within the current piece limit (the system checks this), and then 5-10 minutes after they leave, remove orphans using a GUID check.

Please notice the second Line,

so long as it is within the current piece limit (the system checks this).

And the last line,

5-10 minutes after they leave, remove orphans using a GUID check.

You obviously misunderstand the concept of things. In some cases, building load votes are a good thing, and in other cases (I can easily exploit this weakness of it), It isn't.

What I meant by that is, someone wants loads up a 'Fair' building, once with 90-100 pieces with 400-600 pieces left. I get a few people to vote no, and he is screwed out of it... congrads, building load votes fail.
  • You obviously misunderstand the concept of things.

Says the gentlemen who thinks he's safe from an IP ban with a Static IP.
  • What I meant by that is, someone wants loads up a 'Fair' building, once with 90-100 pieces with 400-600 pieces left. I get a few people to vote no, and he is screwed out of it... congrads, building load votes fail.

Considering that we have S.I. both on TX and BC now, load vote is kind of unnecessary specially in those condition... (like the guys seeing the building that you want to load have 800 pieces (there's for example already 1000 in use) ,saying omg!, everyone must vote no!)

Someone could easily fool the no-vote maximum pieces (300/500?) by saving/loading is building in multiple parts anyway...
  • Someone could easily fool the no-vote maximum pieces (300/500?) by saving/loading is building in multiple parts anyway...

And how do you engineer that?
  • Simply by saving for example your 900 pieces building in Slot 1
    Remove 2/3 of it, save in slot 2
    /delmypieces
    Load Slot 1
    Remove the other 2/3 of it, save in Slot 3
    Repeat... :D

Leave server, come back later, Load Slot 2-3-4 : Enjoy ! :lol: