I forget...

I remember way back when being able to turn beams into a forcefield, and then telefragging people with them by setting up a trip wire, so when they'd enter a room the wire would turn the generator on and the beams would come turn on solid... however I don't quite remember how to turn a beam into a force field beam anymore. Is it still possible?

Comments

• Yes it is. All you need to do is, make a pad, then make a generator, with a frequency of any number, then place it. Afterwards, buy a forcefield pack, then push Q until you see Cubic Replace forcefield, OR Cubic Replace force field - no slowdown. (best for no lag) Then push R when aiming at the pad. Boom, replaced pad with forcefield. :)

There you go.
  • Yep.

The "No slowdown" setting on cubic replace is actually for team pass/all pass forcefields, setting them to let someone go through at full speed instead of slowing them down as they go through.
  • Ooo I knew it felt like I was forgetting a menu somewhere... Thanks.

[edit] Oooh, how can I change the limits of how many of something can be placed in the server? o.o
  • [edit] Oooh, how can I change the limits of how many of something can be placed in the server? o.o
    In your server console you can type:
    $TeamDeployableMax[wWallDeployable] = 200;

Where "wWallDeployable" would be the item name (wWall is the walkway pack).

This would only change it in the current game, so if you want to change it permanently on your server:
    Open up deployables.cs in your scripts folder. (with your favourite text editor)
    Change the limit of the packs you need.
    Save and run your server. If it's already running you can use:
    reload("scripts/deployables.cs");

• Yea, I had just found that out earlier today actually. Was checking through some of those .cs files... Thanks though ^^ Now I know how to change it in game too.
  • Yep.

The "No slowdown" setting on cubic replace is actually for team pass/all pass forcefields, setting them to let someone go through at full speed instead of slowing them down as they go through.

Also useful for exterior windows in halls and other long extensions where people like to jet in, it keeps the surface from snagging the player and allows smooth slide as if it were a pad.
  • Those dastardly pzones with their snagging.