Help Castiger!!!

Hello, I need help with the Tribes 2 Map editor. I can make many good maps with it quite well. Except for one problem. When I load those maps, with custom terrain, the terrain does not show up, after saving, and then playing later.For some reason, it makes an SPN file in the terrains folder, but no Ter file, please help, I would appreciate it.

Comments

• It's an issue with Tribes Next, try making the terrains in offline mode.
  • It's an issue with Tribes Next

Actually it's not, nor do the TN scripts affect mission editing in any way.
    However, some other scripts and mods can adversely affect the editor's performance, so you'll want your install to be as clean as possible.

Terrain saving has an odd set of conditionality, and generally will only go right the first time if you have enough experience with it to know the quirks.
    Your best bet as a starter to get the terrain to export successfully is to make sure you've modified the terrain in some way, and use the "Save Mission As..." option to save it to a new file. This should force it to write the new files (note that the .ter will save in base/terrains/ and not the running mod directory), after which you can rename them and do whatever. Once you've gotten this far, just double check inside the .mis file to confirm your terrain object block has the correct terrainFile set.
  • Thank you, Krash, I will do try it now.
  • Put this VL2 in your Dynamix/tribes2/gamedata/base folder, or wherever else tribes 2 base may be.
  • Put this VL2 in your Dynamix/tribes2/gamedata/base folder, or wherever else tribes 2 base may be.
    Where did the TWM server go? :o
  • Actually it's not, nor do the TN scripts affect mission editing in any way.
    However, some other scripts and mods can adversely affect the editor's performance, so you'll want your install to be as clean as possible.

Terrain saving has an odd set of conditionality, and generally will only go right the first time if you have enough experience with it to know the quirks.
    Your best bet as a starter to get the terrain to export successfully is to make sure you've modified the terrain in some way, and use the "Save Mission As..." option to save it to a new file. This should force it to write the new files (note that the .ter will save in base/terrains/ and not the running mod directory), after which you can rename them and do whatever. Once you've gotten this far, just double check inside the .mis file to confirm your terrain object block has the correct terrainFile set.

I have tried it in BASE Online (with Tribes Next) and BASE Offline, obviously without Tribes Next. When online, it does not generate the terrain file. I've tested this as many as ten times. Since the release of Tribes Next, terrain files only generate when offline. And I'm not some noob mapper, I know what worked and how it worked, and now some things don't work since Tribes Next came out.
  • Greetings, once again. I've ran into a problem that involves spawn spheres, when I try to build my spawn graph by Command line means, and Dedicated console ways, I ran into this error "Unable to allocate virtual memory". Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really must have spawn spheres working properly in order to finish my maps properly.