The Boss Thread

Having troubles with the bosses of TWM 1 and TWM 2? I can offer help on how to defeat them here. I will offer weekly advice to a certain boss here

So, Lets get it started

This Week, I cover Lord RAAM (TWM 1)

Recommended Player Count: 2 - 3
Recommended Armors: SpecOps, Commando
Recommended Weapons: Photon Laser & Blade Of Vengeance

Lord RAAM doesn't have weapons, but instead he has many different abilities. He still has that annoying shield. To take him on alone, will take a long time to win. However, this strategy is easy and will help you win.

Have one player stay well out of range and blast Lord RAAM with the photon laser to disable his shield, the close Range Players will go in with shotguns or a Blade Of Vengeance. If done correctly, it takes about 6-7 Slashes To Defeat Lord Raam, Shotgunning works too, but you just need to avoid the zombies he spawns, and the close range death abilities.

Comments

• Or you could just shoot at him until he dies. :)
  • hmmm....ill pass on that one snow
  • That's why you're the dumbass of the CCM mods. :)
  • How About a TWM 2 Boss Preview:

-Colonel Windshear, Yes, That guy In The Dark List 15
    TWM 2 Boss Level: 9/10
    Vehicle: Destruction Platform
    Weapons: Particle Cannon, Multiple Mounted Turrets, Abilites
    -Bio: After the Fall of Lord RAAM, the remains of the Harbinger Clan mourned over their ex-leader, Stormrider, Colonel Windshear, a WW III Pilot soon rose to the top of their ranks with his new mechanical weapon

Boss Strategy:
    Run :)

lol, No, Work as a team on this one, have players with AA weapons focus on the turret mounts, when he charges his main weapon (Particle Cannon), that's when you run like hell, Like Stormrider, he calls out aircraft to assist him, and fires a multitude of the platform's weapons at you.

Enjoy your XP Reward, and your.... Special Prize...

Edit:

How I did that, I don't really know. :p
    • screen2.png
  • TWM 1: The Ghost Of Fire

Recommended Player Count: 5 - 7
    Recommended Armors: SpecOps, Support, Nalcidic
    Recommended Weapons: Anything that does not use fire

The Ghost Of Fire (GoF), is one of the hardest bosses in TWM, if not, THE hardest. He has a plethora of attacks ranging from simple flame throwing, to an extreme flammable explosion, Take this note into your mind now, and get used to it, YOU WILL GET BURNED, AND YOU WILL DIE. Now onto the fun stuff,

The real strategy to the GoF, is to stay apart, targets that are close together are more likely to be blasted with fire, oh, and ditch those sniper weapons right now, Headshots, do not work. This strategy is the one I usually play when fighting the GoF. I'll grab a PCT and a RPG Mount Weapon, Hit the Ghost with the RPGs while dodging his fire attacks, get out of range on the fire, deploy my PCT, and unload in the head area. This strategy WILL work, it just takes time, and time, is your enemy here, especially when the GoF uses his flamecano attack (Screen 1). The whole goal here is to avoid the fire attacks if possible, stay split up until near the end, and unload any non-fire weapon you have, into him.
    • screen3.png
  • TWM 2: Major Colham Insignia
    Position: RAAM's Armada, Second In Command

Bio: Major Insignia was always more of a scientist in the zombie military and before the death of lord darkrai in the first war, he provided pretty much every weapon used by the zombies from the infection gliver, to Raam's PCT. When RAAM returned from the shadows he took insignia as his second in command and insignia built himself a new weapon, a gravity cannon in which he could launch his foes at incredible speed

Recommended Player Count: 6+
    Recommended Armors: Commando, Microburst
    Recommended Perks: Wind-Brake Beacons, Lim-Zombie Shield, Clip Boxes
    Recommended Weapons: RPG7, Mini-Chaingun, M1 Sniper

Major Insignia is the final Zombie boss you will face in TWM 2, he has some dangerous attacks and can summon zombies just like his zombie boss counterparts, the only difference, he goes into combat with little or no armor plating, so spotting him out, should be pretty simple, the hard part, is you will only notice the blur as he moves quickly and uses gravity manipulation to look as a ghost at times.

Strategy:
    This is actually one of the bosses where I recommend staying close and as a team. Have 1-3 players focus ONLY on the zombies summoned by insignia, while the others go after him, when damaged, have one of the hunters lure insignia away while the damaged players go for repairs. Watch out for his complex attack, he will be almost unattack-able while he uses it. Another thing, don't try to hide in a base, he can pull you out at any time. If you work together, and focus and prioritize threats, Insignia should go down without too much trouble.
  • Oh hai! Sorry... the only reason I posted here was so that the TC.net main forum page would show that I've posted last in each forum!

Kthxbai!!

<3

EDIT: Actually while I'm here...I just read the description of the TWM2 boss that you just posted the tips for and I've got to say that if it's implemented as it sounds, I'm impressed!

The way I gather is that it has different hit boxes, them being his weapon platforms that, I assume, have their own damage tollerances and can be destroyed separately?

If so, that actually sounds pretty cool!
  • TWM 1: The Ghost Of Fire

Recommended Player Count: 5 - 7
    Recommended Armors: SpecOps, Support, Nalcidic
    Recommended Weapons: Anything that does not use fire

The Ghost Of Fire (GoF), is one of the hardest bosses in TWM, if not, THE hardest. He has a plethora of attacks ranging from simple flame throwing, to an extreme flammable explosion, Take this note into your mind now, and get used to it, YOU WILL GET BURNED, AND YOU WILL DIE. Now onto the fun stuff,

The real strategy to the GoF, is to stay apart, targets that are close together are more likely to be blasted with fire, oh, and ditch those sniper weapons right now, Headshots, do not work. This strategy is the one I usually play when fighting the GoF. I'll grab a PCT and a RPG Mount Weapon, Hit the Ghost with the RPGs while dodging his fire attacks, get out of range on the fire, deploy my PCT, and unload in the head area. This strategy WILL work, it just takes time, and time, is your enemy here, especially when the GoF uses his flamecano attack (Screen 1). The whole goal here is to avoid the fire attacks if possible, stay split up until near the end, and unload any non-fire weapon you have, into him.

OR... Just Recruit general RAAM and borrow his shield,
    then shoot the fuck out of the GOF with a PGC. :)
  • OR... Just Recruit general RAAM and borrow his shield,
    then shoot the fuck out of the GOF with a PGC. :)

yarr.. that be the cheap way mayte.
    Actually while I'm here...I just read the description of the TWM2 boss that you just posted the tips for and I've got to say that if it's implemented as it sounds, I'm impressed!

The way I gather is that it has different hit boxes, them being his weapon platforms that, I assume, have their own damage tollerances and can be destroyed separately?

If so, that actually sounds pretty cool!

That is correct... Windshear has 4 Particle Beam Cannons mounted to his gunship, each can be destroyed separately to weaken the boss.

EDIT:

I modified it to be 2 Particle Beam Cannons, 2 Missile Turrets, and a Mortar Turret
  • Next Up, From TWM 2.
    Bring in General Vegenor

Recommended Players: 2-5
    Recommended Armor: Commando, Microburst
    Recommended Weapons: ES-77 Pulse Phaser, S3 Combat Rifle, M1 Sniper

Bio: After Lord RAAM Betrayed Darkrai's rule, darkrai chose a new general to fill his place. General Vegenor is a master of fire craft and manipulation, he is mostly the reason behind the ghost of fire and will employ mostly fire attacks.

Info: As mentioned above, vegenor uses fire attacks, so dont go running at him with fire based weaponry, they do little damage to him. He has many ways to burn you, from his main flamethrower, to fire missiles, all the way to a massive flaming ball that falls from the sky and burns everything in a large radius, all in one, expect to get burnt.

Strategy: Have 2 people focus on the zombies he brings out, although he does set them on fire alot. the others will focus mainly on attacking vegenor. after enough damage is dealt, vegenor falls, and you get your reward, btw, watch out for shifters and snipers... they will hunt you!!!
  • How About a TWM 2 Boss Preview:

-Colonel Windshear, Yes, That guy In The Dark List 15
    TWM 2 Boss Level: 9/10
    Vehicle: Destruction Platform
    Weapons: Particle Cannon, Multiple Mounted Turrets, Abilites
    -Bio: After the Fall of Lord RAAM, the remains of the Harbinger Clan mourned over their ex-leader, Stormrider, Colonel Windshear, a WW III Pilot soon rose to the top of their ranks with his new mechanical weapon

Boss Strategy:
    Run :)

lol, No, Work as a team on this one, have players with AA weapons focus on the turret mounts, when he charges his main weapon (Particle Cannon), that's when you run like hell, Like Stormrider, he calls out aircraft to assist him, and fires a multitude of the platform's weapons at you.

Enjoy your XP Reward, and your.... Special Prize...

Edit:

How I did that, I don't really know. :p

attachment.php?attachmentid=3664
    He's quite the pottyMouth.
  • you obviously hadnt seen twm1 ver 3.0 the bosses with lord in their title, they are insanely hilarious lol