Legends Con

Perhaps we should make a construction mod that works in legends... i mean, they have a master server, a torque build that should support 4096 pieces, some other cool script goodies, and everyone can join in without getting a non-existant cd key.

Comments

• I think it's come up a few times in random conversations... I'm not too sure I like much of the art direction though. If we did it on there I think it would be a good idea for a pretty large revamp. Total conversion maybe. Adding plenty of models and such as well.

However, lately we've had some talk of putting construction on Ascension when it comes out, or possibly working with them as it goes and come out running. It could be a pretty viable option, the latest torque tech, open to new additions to the game itself, and etc. I believe GTW is going to be on it as well with some building stuff already.
  • Yes, YES! Oh god YES! We need a con for Legends! ^____^ *orgasms*

Would it be possible to, somehow, port some of the existing con scripts to Legends? Since Tribes 2 and Legends both use Torque engine?
    I'm not a programmer, it's just an idea :rolleyes:.
  • @Krash
    Yes, i do plan on making construction on ascension when it is out, but as it currently isn't, i'm sticking to legends, hook me up with other ppl who's doing construction for ascension when they come..
    Regarding the art, the stuff in legends is pretty suck, they say the art is mostly stand-ins since they can't get any competent and masterful artists =)

@shrimp
    Yes, most code can be lifted quite easily. but i personally don't understand or care to understand the mess that is dfunctions.cs, so i'm pretty much starting from scratch
  • Ascension, that's what that game was called. ETA on that?
  • i think they are doing some closed betaing at the moment.
  • lsbs ^^

from scratch ^^

edit: pads!
    • screen_0001.jpg
    • screen_0004.jpg
  • Woohoo! Allready got the basics, nice job man!
  • Wow nice job
  • Sweet. This would open Construction up to a way broader audience since you wouldn't need a CD-key or T2 account to play it.

edit: Er... guess I'm kind of stating the obvious.

Great work though Linker. Is it just you working on this or do you have anyone else in on it too? :clap:
  • Pretty sure he's just doing it on his own. Though now I get the impression he's more interested in Ascension. :p

I'd gladly help out with art/gui/scripting/maintaining and such if one of these were to continue on.
  • go ahead you can dl what i have from the legends forums
  • Could you give link?
  • You were asking how to install it earlier and you didn't even have it? On that note, why are you spending so many hours trying to use it when you can play the fully functional construction mod on T2 at any time?
    http://legendsthegame.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2237
  • I dont have legends..plz dont leeve me on T2 all alone!
  • :rolleyes:

Nobody is going to leave t2 for legends, let alone a lsb deployable with chatcommand settings.
  • what is legends.. a free ware tribes thing..?

ConMod is coming.. don't tell no one.. spread the word!
  • ConMod....there's tons of ConMod's already...
  • And theres prolly gunna be many more to come.
  • Dont worry we wont. And i dont think that i start playing legends, so no worrys.
  • >_> you were asking where to put the legends folder
  • You were asking how to install it earlier and you didn't even have it? On that note, why are you spending so many hours trying to use it when you can play the fully functional construction mod on T2 at any time?
    http://legendsthegame.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2237
    I had it i just forgot commands...
    but thx for link
  • I wonder why legends looks so crappy? Its a bit...pixelated...
  • It's still a beta.
  • Think i know what a BETA is...? You know me a lil' better than THAT!
  • As Krash has said, they are just using stand-in artwork until they can get an actually decent artist
  • Another thing...it doesnt really WORK, i got it and 1st, the moust left a trail of mouses, 2nd the servers wouldnt load, 3rd the player setup was absolutely *censored for obvious reasons*
  • It worked fine for me.
  • it works fine.

art is ugly because they don't try very hard.
    terrain is ugly because they don't try very hard.
    torque netcode has undergone some improvements that increased client lag.
  • Nop...screwed for me